Lou Gramm Band - S/T (2009)

JC_AOR

Lou Gramm Band - S/T

Released June 5 2009 on Frontiers Records

Has anyone had the chance to hear this album yet? What do you think? So far I've only heard the samples and have to say that despite a few good sounding tracks in the first half of the album I was a bit disappointed with what I heard on the second half. I'll have to wait until the CD arrives to make a proper comment though. Interestingly there seems to be a bit of a Christian theme to some of the songs.

Being a huge fan of Lou Gramm's previous solo albums and of course his work with Foreigner, I have been eagerly anticipating this album for a few years now and I really hope it doesn't disappoint, though my initial impression tells me that it will.

lougrammband.jpg

Track Listing:

Baptized By Fire

Made To Be Broken

Willing To Forgive

That's The Way God Planned It

(I Just Wanna) Testify

So Great

Redeemer

Single Vision

Rattle Yer Bones

You Saved Me

It's Not Too Late (Exclusive Bonus Track for Europe)

Line-Up:

Lou Gramm: vocals

Ben Gramm: drums

Richard Gramm: bass

Andy Knoll: keyboards

Don Mancuso: guitars

Think Jez has got this one. To be honest I wasn't blown away by the soundbytes so will probably pass. Am a big fan of his voice and usually buy most things with his name on, but this just didn't grab me...

The First half is very good and then the fillers appear on side 2. Lou sounds pretty good overall and is alot better than some people are making out by saying his voice is shot. Overall I would say there are 4-5 good tracks 3 ok and 3 very average. Some people won't like the Christian lyrics either, so beware if you don't like things a little 'Preachy' ;)

I half don't mind this guy and I'll probably spin this but only if it falls into my lap almost literally. I have read about these christian lyrics and it's really put me off this. He's not even that good when he isn't a Jesus preaching clown...

Okay, so I heard what I could handle. Bad, bad news. Lyrics aside, the songs are very average at absolute best. Anyone know what turned him into a blabbering christian clown?

Okay, so I heard what I could handle. Bad, bad news. Lyrics aside, the songs are very average at absolute best. Anyone know what turned him into a blabbering christian clown?

Whilst on the phone,Jez and I wondered whether Geoff would like this.

I wasn't sure :unsure:

But Jez reckoned Geoff would dislike it.

So.............

:bowdown::bowdown: to the Jezster.

Whilst on the phone,Jez and I wondered whether Geoff would like this.

I wasn't sure :unsure:

But Jez reckoned Geoff would dislike it.

So.............

:bowdown::bowdown: to the Jezster.

My Telekenetic powers are legendary Wotters, plus our Geoffrey is Mr. Predictable which helps :)

He has been a christian for years mate, don't you know anything. Speaking of blabbering clowns...... ;)

My Telekenetic powers are legendary Wotters, plus our Geoffrey is Mr. Predictable which helps :)

My apologies for being consistent and having good taste in music. Not really sure why you indicate that being "predictable" when it comes to taste in music is a bad thing...

He has been a christian for years mate, don't you know anything. Speaking of blabbering clowns...... ;)

No, I don't know much about average artists that I have no interest in.

PS. And the question wasn't when he became christian - as it appears most the world is anyway - it was when he turned into a blabbering fool who thought he had to express his lunacy through his songs...

Ok I've decided not to bother with this one...very very disappointing...not what I was hoping for from Lou Gramm at all. And yeah the Christian theme is just way too strong for me.

• 3 weeks later...
I like the album. I think the first song has a very Shadow King anytime anywhere vibe to it and I think the 3rd song could have been a Tyketto demo Lou found and decided to record.

I'm still playing this a few weeks after getting it, but it is very patchy in places. The 4 or 5 good tracks are all definite keepers though.