New cop show Southland

Leykis101

This new cop show Southland, trying to be so jaw dropping, it's almost funny, first of all, how realistic can u be on a network channel? secondly, The Shield already took cop shows above and beyond the call of realistic, they should just quit doing police shows all together, Law & Order to its lonely credit, at least splits 2 shows in half as formulatic as it is.

This new cop show Southland, trying to be so jaw dropping, it's almost funny, first of all, how realistic can u be on a network channel? secondly, The Shield already took cop shows above and beyond the call of realistic, they should just quit doing police shows all together, Law & Order to its lonely credit, at least splits 2 shows in half as formulatic as it is.

See I love this show, it's almost a safer "Shield" meets the great "Third Watch".

Sure it's never going to be The Shield on network cable but Michael Cudlitz is a great actor and the story lines have been great. Plus kudos to NBC for renewing it when it's not made for their core audience and will most likely only be watched by people that appreciate shows that are outside that box and are more gritty and dirty that most shows on network cable. That was shocker in the finale when you realize that the badass cop played by Cudlitz is actually Gay and the detective gets shot right at the end was a shocker too. Plus how big of a dick is C. Thomas Howell's character? He''s just playing that character great IMO. :tumbsup:

See I love this show, it's almost a safer "Shield" meets the great "Third Watch".

Sure it's never going to be The Shield on network cable but Michael Cudlitz is a great actor and the story lines have been great. Plus kudos to NBC for renewing it when it's not made for their core audience and will most likely only be watched by people that appreciate shows that are outside that box and are more gritty and dirty that most shows on network cable. That was shocker in the finale when you realize that the badass cop played by Cudlitz is actually Gay and the detective gets shot right at the end was a shocker too. Plus how big of a dick is C. Thomas Howell's character? He''s just playing that character great IMO. :tumbsup:

Great actors, it does have to it's credit, C Thomas Howell always was the better actor out of the brat pack, why he has done B and C-Movies since those days i'll never know, but let me caution you on 1 thing before you delve into this show to much, NBC is the ABSOLUTE WORST!!! at canning show's halfway into the season, followed closely by The WB, and the worst part is, they are Corporate, like the music industry, it doesnt matter what shows are different and might be developing a cult following, they are money only! and nothings going to piss you off worst then to get into about the 8th episode of the season 2, and they decide the new reality series they need to find a slot for will make more money, im telling you man! only watch the cop shows that are solved by the end of the hour on NBC! CBS. or ABC. even thoughs are getting canned, I don't remember which Network it's on, but Without A Trace. Cold Case, and Las Vegas have all been cancelelled, one would think these are fairly well known and watched shows, doesnt matter, fuck the Networks, i'll stick with Rescue Me, and just grind it out till September, when the motherlode begins season 2, Sons Of Anarchy!

Great actors, it does have to it's credit, C Thomas Howell always was the better actor out of the brat pack, why he has done B and C-Movies since those days i'll never know, but let me caution you on 1 thing before you delve into this show to much, NBC is the ABSOLUTE WORST!!! at canning show's halfway into the season, followed closely by The WB, and the worst part is, they are Corporate, like the music industry, it doesnt matter what shows are different and might be developing a cult following, they are money only! and nothings going to piss you off worst then to get into about the 8th episode of the season 2, and they decide the new reality series they need to find a slot for will make more money, im telling you man! only watch the cop shows that are solved by the end of the hour on NBC! CBS. or ABC. even thoughs are getting canned, I don't remember which Network it's on, but Without A Trace. Cold Case, and Las Vegas have all been cancelelled, one would think these are fairly well known and watched shows, doesnt matter, fuck the Networks, i'll stick with Rescue Me, and just grind it out till September, when the motherlode begins season 2, Sons Of Anarchy!

I totally agree with NBC being a shitty network since they canned one of my favs "Life" and "Surface".

I was suprised they gave "Life" a 2nd season but with "Surface" they had the finale in February which was a huge red flag that it was getting cancelled. I heard that Without a Trace was getting the axe from CBS but didn't know about CBS shutting down Cold Case. I think Las Vegas was on NBC though. I did read that for all the 7 seasons that Without a Trace was on TV it was in the top 20 but their cancelling it anyway, that's crazy IMO.

A cop show is total shit? C'mon guys, you're f*cking with me. Right? I've never seen a cop show that is total and utter shit. They're all so rad, new and different and entertaining.

I lost interest in Southland after 2-3 eps.....but I'm still watching The Unusuals which is always worth a few laughs per ep....

I believe tomorrows episode of The Unusuals is the last to air since it has been cancelled.

I lost interest in Southland after 2-3 eps.....but I'm still watching The Unusuals which is always worth a few laughs per ep....

I believe tomorrows episode of The Unusuals is the last to air since it has been cancelled.

Now there's a surprise...another canceled show..... it isn't so good that I'll miss it much....

A cop show is total shit? C'mon guys, you're f*cking with me. Right? I've never seen a cop show that is total and utter shit. They're all so rad, new and different and entertaining.

Well Geoff they ate cheesy, but once again, you've never seen The Sheild, it was so much more then a cop show, it was a truly dark and addicitve show, and unlike anything ever made! it was true to life

Well Geoff they ate cheesy, but once again, you've never seen The Sheild, it was so much more then a cop show, it was a truly dark and addicitve show, and unlike anything ever made! it was true to life

You know, I did actually catch a bit of some random episode that aired late at night at some time here. Honestly, didn't look so bad. As you say, different to the rest of the shit. In all honesty, if I got into it at the start I probably wouldn't have minded it. Too late now, though. :)

Now there's a surprise...another canceled show..... it isn't so good that I'll miss it much....

I did like it thought and felt that Jeremy Renner as a lead actor worked.

It had that serious but funny vibe which was unlike any other cop show before.

You know, I did actually catch a bit of some random episode that aired late at night at some time here. Honestly, didn't look so bad. As you say, different to the rest of the shit. In all honesty, if I got into it at the start I probably wouldn't have minded it. Too late now, though. :)

Buy the DVDs and start from the beginning.

:rofl2: Yeah, sure cousin. Let me know when you've sent the money to support that venture and I'll let you know when I pick up the DVDs. :rofl2:

:rofl2: Yeah, sure cousin. Let me know when you've sent the money to support that venture and I'll let you know when I pick up the DVDs. :rofl2:

The check is in the mail. :tumbsup:

The check is in the mail. :tumbsup:

Sweet. Thanks mate. I'll let you know when it arrives so I can buy these, uh, DVDs. Yeah, definitely going to use valuable money to buy these, uh, DVDs. :)

Well Geoff, it seems you have an Emerald Rain cd for trade that I really really want, and I have Season 1 of The Shield that usually sells new around $55, what do you say??

Well Geoff, it seems you have an Emerald Rain cd for trade that I really really want, and I have Season 1 of The Shield that usually sells new around $55, what do you say??

:lol: Honestly mate, I probably wouldn't watch it. How about you sell that and give me the $55 instead? It'll be cheaper postage. ;)

:lol: Honestly mate, I probably wouldn't watch it. How about you sell that and give me the $55 instead? It'll be cheaper postage. ;)

I don't want to sell it, believe me, it's the last thing I want to sell, I just was coming up with a way for me to complete my Emerald Rain collection, and let you get a cheap way, to watch the greatest show ever on tv from the beginning pilot episode(which is the most mindblowing pilot ever made), The Shield aint going nowhere outside of that, Plus!!! EVERYBODY, THE SHIELD'S FINAL SEASON DVD SET WILL BE RELEASED ON JUNE 09th!!

Plus you never said anything about selling it, you told me it was in your trade pile! in my vocabulary, those are 2 totally different piles of cd's! so if you will sell it, i'll put the check, cash, or money order in the mail a week from tomorrow, email me how much you want for it, seriously, as soon as you read this.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Southland Season 2 starts September 25th.

I was starting to wonder about this show since Jay Leno has taken the 9pm time slot throughout the week.

It appears that this is going to premiere 10/23 now and be on Fridays I think at either 7 or 8.

This worries me a little since Friday is not good for ratings especially a newer show and after this had been in a good slot on Thurday at 9. Jay Leno's show has knocked every show from that time slot now on NBC. I'm also worried about this being on earlier in the night since they can't be as racy and they could be at a later hour.

• 3 weeks later...

Southland has been canceled by NBC before any of the second season has even aired.

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/10/08/south...-canceled/29999

Southland has been canceled by NBC before any of the second season has even aired.

Well that sucks.

I blame the Jay Leno show for this.

Move this show to FX so it can be dark and gritty the way it should be.

F#@king NBC is a joke anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

Well that sucks.

I blame the Jay Leno show for this.

Move this show to FX so it can be dark and gritty the way it should be.

F#@king NBC is a joke anyway.

The last I heard is that TNT might be picking this one up.

That's a strange pairing IMO and wish it would be FX that would take it.

Southland has indeed been given new life on TNT, and if the ratings are good enough, they may order new episodes:

http://watching-tv.ew.com/2009/11/02/southland-tnt/