Favorite song: Charlemagne - "Charlemagne"

Charlemagne - self-titled  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We've already done polls on High Noon and Gynger Lynn, now it's time for Charlemagne!

Charlemagne's self-titled disc is actually my personal favorite of the first 4 Eonian releases. (even though I've been enjoying them all!)

It's just melodic rock/hair metal done to perfection...powerful vocals and great guitar work...

It's been hard for me to pick a "favorite" song off of it, but I think I have finally come to a decision.

My favorite song off of it is, "I Don't Wanna Lie". I just love the vocal harmonies that open the song and the whole arrangement throughout. "Secret Romeo" would probably come in a CLOSE second for me...

But I can honestly say that this is a very solid album from beginning to end. Not a bad song on it, IMO.

Why this band never made it big is beyond me!

So, now I turn the question to you...what's YOUR favorite song off of the Charlemagne album?

My favorite song off of it is, "I Don't Wanna Lie". I just love the vocal harmonies that open the song and the whole arrangement throughout. "Secret Romeo" would probably come in a CLOSE second for me...

That's exactly the same for me, mate. 'Don't wanna lie' is definitely the best track for me (very catchy) and the opener is great too and comes in at second place.

I rank this as Eonian's 3rd best release, after Pistol Dawn & High Noon. Like the others before me, I wholeheartedly agree that the top song is "I Don't Wanna Lie." The other track that sticks out is "She's Only Young." Not because it's got great hooks or anything (it's actually one of my least-favorite choruses), but because the subject matter (child abuse) is so haunting.

I rank this as Eonian's 3rd best release, after Pistol Dawn & High Noon. Like the others before me, I wholeheartedly agree that the top song is "I Don't Wanna Lie." The other track that sticks out is "She's Only Young." Not because it's got great hooks or anything (it's actually one of my least-favorite choruses), but because the subject matter (child abuse) is so haunting.

Oooohhh. Sorry mate, I HATE that song. That one really annoys me personally.

Good to see someone listened to the lyrics. That is a very good song.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I don't hate the song, but it's definitely filler material, at least musically speaking. But lyrically it hits pretty hard. I despise child molesters with every fiber of my being and songs that deal with the subject tend to stick with me, like "Redemption" by Babylon A.D. Of course, Babylon A.D. crafted a killer chorus to go along with their powerful lyrics...

Well, I don't hate the song, but it's definitely filler material, at least musically speaking. But lyrically it hits pretty hard. I despise child molesters with every fiber of my being and songs that deal with the subject tend to stick with me, like "Redemption" by Babylon A.D. Of course, Babylon A.D. crafted a killer chorus to go along with their powerful lyrics...

I actually liked the song and was going to add it to my garage playlist but the lyrics were just too much. It's a painful subject matter and it's good they address it, but when I want to sit and enjoy a beer and some tunes that is not what I want to be listening to.

Oh, and I voted for "Secret Romeo"

'Redemption'... now that is one amazing song.

'Redemption'... now that is one amazing song.

Oh yeah great tune. :tumbsup: