Heaven n Hell ( samples of Entire album)

KING

I can`t be tempted to listen to these as I know Mrs Rock Fan has pre ordered this for my birthday and I don`t want to spoil the

excitement of hearing new stuff, even though I have listened to Bible Black! :tumbsup:

Those samples suck ass. All of them are the verses.... no sample choruses at all. Really can't get much of a feel from random verses.

I wouldn't bother.

I can't wait to hear this album though. :banger:

I'm going to do my best to keep from listening to these so I can hear them for the first time when I get the disc.

Of course with me being a huuuuuge Dio/Sabs fan it's going to be hard not to at least play them once.

The album leaked today.

I give it a 5/10

kinda dissapointing, not bad, just not very catchy or memorable songs except for half of them. But i still have it pre-ordered and shall buy it.

best songs on it imo are

double the pain

follow the tears

rocknroll angel

bible black

fear

The album leaked today.

I give it a 5/5

Kinda disappointing...

You give it a perfect score but are disappointed by it? :unsure: Or did you mean to say you give it a 5/10??

The album leaked today.

I give it a 5/5

Kinda disappointing...

You give it a perfect score but are disappointed by it? :unsure: Or did you mean to say you give it a 5/10??

I'm guessing he meant 5/10 but if he did I wouldn't agree with him.

I'm playing it right now and to these ears it's pretty good and picks up where Dehumanizer left off.

Of course I'm hugely biased since I'm a massive Dio fan so it would be hard for me to give it a bad review even if I hated it. I will say that I imagine that it might take some folks a few spins to get into as it's not really an immediate sounding album.

The album leaked today.

I give it a 5/5

Kinda disappointing...

I will say that I imagine that it might take some folks a few spins to get into as it's not really an immediate sounding album.

As I won`t listen to it until it arrives, it`ll probably take me years to get into :lol:

After 5 spins I'm loving this.

My fav tracks so far are:

Atom and Evil(classic Sabbath right here)

Follow the Tears(great solo)

Bible Black

Breaking into Heaven

Neverwhere(has a classic Rainbow vibe)

Eating the Cannibals(in the vein of TV Crimes and Dio's Killing the Dragon)

Rock N' Roll Angel

I just saw this over at Blabbermouth and it sounds like Geezer doesn't miss working with Ozzy any.

HEAVEN & HELL/BLACK SABBATH bassist Geezer Butler has told Decibel magazine that working with singer Ronnie James Dio is a hell of a lot easier than working with Ozzy Osbourne. "Ronnie's a songwriter in his own right — he's got tons of ideas," the bassist said. "Whereas Ozzy... in the old days, he'd come up with a vocal line and I'd write the lyrics. Ronnie is 100 percent involved in both the musical side and the vocal side, and he writes his own lyrics as well."

Ozzy never took Butler's musical ideas seriously, either. "If we were with Ozzy and I came in with the killer riff of all time, Ozzy wouldn't even think of doing it because I'm not the guitarist and that's the way he thinks," Butler said. "When we tried to do a SABBATH album in 2001, we all gave each other CDs of our riffs or song ideas. Ozzy didn't even listen to mine. Because I'm not a guitarist, he felt I shouldn't be playing guitar. That's why it was so bloody hard to write anything."

Geezer Butler on HEAVEN & HELL's debut CD, "The Devil You Know": "If we'd written this album with Ozzy, we'd still be working on the first track."

The contrast between Ozzy and Dio comes into even sharper focus on tour. "It was great being with Ozzy on the road," HEAVEN & HELL/BLACK SABBATH guitarist Tony Iommi enthuses. "We had a great time and we still will have hopefully at some point, but with Ronnie it's a lot different, because we go out and we know exactly what we're gonna be doing. With Ozzy, we didn't really know. It was touch and go sometimes on some of those early shows, whether he was gonna turn up, if he'd be able to sing, if his voice was gone, or what. We'd have to cancel shows, which Geezer and myself really hated. But with Ronnie, we've never cancelled a show. He'd have to be seriously, seriously ill before we cancelled a show."

Read the entire interview in the May 2009 issue of Decibel magazine, available on newsstands now.

For more information, visit DecibelMagazine.com

I just saw this over at Blabbermouth and it sounds like Geezer doesn't miss working with Ozzy any.

HEAVEN & HELL/BLACK SABBATH bassist Geezer Butler has told Decibel magazine that working with singer Ronnie James Dio is a hell of a lot easier than working with Ozzy Osbourne. "Ronnie's a songwriter in his own right — he's got tons of ideas," the bassist said. "Whereas Ozzy... in the old days, he'd come up with a vocal line and I'd write the lyrics. Ronnie is 100 percent involved in both the musical side and the vocal side, and he writes his own lyrics as well."

Ozzy never took Butler's musical ideas seriously, either. "If we were with Ozzy and I came in with the killer riff of all time, Ozzy wouldn't even think of doing it because I'm not the guitarist and that's the way he thinks," Butler said. "When we tried to do a SABBATH album in 2001, we all gave each other CDs of our riffs or song ideas. Ozzy didn't even listen to mine. Because I'm not a guitarist, he felt I shouldn't be playing guitar. That's why it was so bloody hard to write anything."

Geezer Butler on HEAVEN & HELL's debut CD, "The Devil You Know": "If we'd written this album with Ozzy, we'd still be working on the first track."

The contrast between Ozzy and Dio comes into even sharper focus on tour. "It was great being with Ozzy on the road," HEAVEN & HELL/BLACK SABBATH guitarist Tony Iommi enthuses. "We had a great time and we still will have hopefully at some point, but with Ronnie it's a lot different, because we go out and we know exactly what we're gonna be doing. With Ozzy, we didn't really know. It was touch and go sometimes on some of those early shows, whether he was gonna turn up, if he'd be able to sing, if his voice was gone, or what. We'd have to cancel shows, which Geezer and myself really hated. But with Ronnie, we've never cancelled a show. He'd have to be seriously, seriously ill before we cancelled a show."

Read the entire interview in the May 2009 issue of Decibel magazine, available on newsstands now.

For more information, visit DecibelMagazine.com

Ozzy lost the "hunger" a long time ago. I can't remember the last release I really liked. No More Tears maybe.

• 2 weeks later...
Amazing record...not a bad song to be found.

I agree. I'm loving this more and more with every listen.

Backed. With every spin it just gets better and better and Dio's lyrics are just excellent on this disc.

Backed. With every spin it just gets better and better and Dio's lyrics are just excellent on this disc.

Bloody excellent album. I Love it.

The sound is just massive on this thing. Dio sounds awesome and Iommi just rocks.....every riff and solo is amazing.

How bloody cool is Bible Black. :bowdown:

• 1 month later...

After plenty of time to digest this one, I'm a little let down by it. It is a very good album but to me it has the vibe of a Dio solo release. That's not a bad thing at all, I was just hoping for a more classic feel. Anyway, if you do crave the classic Sabbath sound check out the latest from Iron Man: "I Have Returned". This thing is a monster of huge riffage that rumbles like an earthquake.