Newspapers ?

Wotty

Are you a "high-brow" interlectual broadsheet reader or a tabloid,scandal-ridden,reader ?

And do you read your local,town/county paper?

I admit I read the tabloids,but not the local "carrot-cruncher" rag !!!!

Non really, except a quick flick through the sports pages to check how close to relegation L**on are (WHICH IS VERY CLOSE BY THE WAY)! ;)

I work for a newspaper publisher so I read lots of'em... not only our own daily papers, but also tons of the local weeklies and stuff from other publishers ... though this isn't exactly the hippest industry to be in right now, I wish more people read'em nowadays instead of getting their news from teh internetz :(

Rarely these days, I might read a Sunday one, or the local rag and the free paper we get over here in the U.K. (The Metro).

I can't be too bothered these days, it's the same stories but with different names ... isn't that in a song??

Have the Daily Star, read the sport only, don`t read the local papers or watch the news on tv, not interested, don`t know what`s going on! :lol:

Have the Daily Star, read the sport only, don`t read the local papers or watch the news on tv, not interested, don`t know what`s going on! :lol:

Same here. My wife and I have bought the newspaper about 3 times in the 6 or so years we've been together - and each time was to get the Sunday TV Guide and look at the holiday section. I have no interest in the news, in either newspaper format or 6:00pm news. Every time we go to mum and dad's or my parents-in-law I always steal the holiday section, though. :)

I found out the other day, even mum and dad (who used to buy the paper every single day) only buy the Sunday one now.

As for magazines of any description - the last magazine I bought would have been a Metal Edge about 10 years ago, or maybe a Playboy that long ago.

Same here. My wife and I have bought the newspaper about 3 times in the 6 or so years we've been together - and each time was to get the Sunday TV Guide and look at the holiday section. I have no interest in the news, in either newspaper format or 6:00pm news. Every time we go to mum and dad's or my parents-in-law I always steal the holiday section, though. :)

I found out the other day, even mum and dad (who used to buy the paper every single day) only buy the Sunday one now.

As for magazines of any description - the last magazine I bought would have been a Metal Edge about 10 years ago, or maybe a Playboy that long ago.

Well said Geoff, I think there`s enough doom and gloom in the world without reading about it or watching it on the news!

Now I can add Rugby League to my sports viewing :tumbsup:

Well said Geoff, I think there`s enough doom and gloom in the world without reading about it or watching it on the news!

Now I can add Rugby League to my sports viewing :tumbsup:

:lol: Yeah, I have to admit if I ever do come across a paper in the office or what not, I'll always have a cheeky look at the sport section during footy season.

Yeah, I don't understand people's fascination with needing to hear/see all the latest news. For every happy or amusing story that makes the news, there is 99% depressing news. The fact that someone's death or severe injury is what makes for 99% of news is enough to keep me away from it.

No, we don't get any newspapers and I don't read any. Too expensive, too much paper to throw away in the end. But I read the news on the internet more than once a day, usually on n-tv.