Eye - 2 Hearts

Jez

New AOR/Melodic Rock band from Sweden. They have a new 7 track EP just out and judging by the 3 tracks on their myspace, it should be a cracker. A little rough round the edges in certain departments (vocally especially), but they certainly are a very promising band and make a good noise.

http://www.myspace.com/eyeofficial

mybanner49a58360c0348.jpg

New AOR/Melodic Rock band from Sweden. They have a new 7 track EP just out and judging by the 3 tracks on their myspace, it should be a cracker. A little rough round the edges in certain departments (vocally especially), but they certainly are a very promising band and make a good noise.

http://www.myspace.com/eyeofficial

mybanner49a58360c0348.jpg

wooooooo hooooooo !!!!!! very nice !!!!! Rockin!! :beerbang:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've been playing this one in the car over the past few days. It's a really nice mini album/EP. Production is a little rough but the songs are awesome and I do think the vocals suit this album well. It's not going to blow anyone away but I doubt if many Melodic Hard Rock fans would not enjoy this release.

• 1 month later...

Finally heard this one and I have to agree; good stuff. It's not amazing and none of the songs are flawless, but they're all pretty good. A heap of potential here, and for this style of music they're right up there.

For the full album, if they sound a little tighter and can pull a bigger production job, should be some really good stuff.

Finally heard this one and I have to agree; good stuff. It's not amazing and none of the songs are flawless, but they're all pretty good. A heap of potential here, and for this style of music they're right up there.

For the full album, if they sound a little tighter and can pull a bigger production job, should be some really good stuff.

To be honest, yes they have potential songwise, but they are way off the mark at the moment in all other departments. Some of this EP. is horrible - Out of tune guitars, crap vocals, shabby playing - how it got past the quality control is beyond me and the guitar player produced the damn thing. I (and I hope most) musical type people certainly wouldn't be very proud if I/they released a product this shabby. To say I was disappointed when I got the finished product would be an understatement. To say they are 'Right Up There' I would say is correct, but 'Up where and who's' I would like to know. I will certainly give them another chance if they ever get to release a full album, but there are so many much much better bands doing the rounds at the moment compared to this sub par, division 2 stuff. Just my opp.!

To say they are 'Right Up There' I would say is correct, but 'Up where and who's' I would like to know. I will certainly give them another chance if they ever get to release a full album, but there are so many much much better bands doing the rounds at the moment compared to this sub par, division 2 stuff. Just my opp.!

Till my dying day we will have the same difference of opinion every time. The level of musicianship does not make or break an album for me. These guys write better songs that about 70% of these AOR bands these days. Again, as I said they are not great but within this immediate genre there is not much better. When the vocalist and musicians are adequate, the song writing is far more important to me than how good each individual musician is.

And I should add, I think you're being very harsh on this EP. I don't think the quality or lack thereof of the musicianship is anywhere quite as bad as you suggest. Sure, they're no Satriani or Hagars... but they sure as hell write better songs than them. ;)

And I should add, I think you're being very harsh on this EP. I don't think the quality or lack thereof of the musicianship is anywhere quite as bad as you suggest. Sure, they're no Satriani or Hagars... but they sure as hell write better songs than them. ;)

Hmm - some of us are obviously not as easily pleased as others then.

Songs, Musicianship and production i.e the whole package is what counts for me mate and unfortunately they have forgotten 2.5 of those points here. If the band releases a shoddy product, it doesn't say alot about the band in my opinion. No excuses this day and age for a crap sounding album either to be honest, if you put the care and attention into it (which they obviously haven't here)

Check the first track out for one instance - The guitars are completely out of tune. Pretty basic rule of thumb there for a start - check your instrument is in tune before recording. The vocals are not great and all over the place in some songs. The songs are ok mostly (although pretty generic if truth be told) and certainly not that special compared to 70% of melodic rock bands you imply. So hell no I don't think I am being harsh at all. Shabby all round i'm afraid mate and I ain't the only one to think it either.

I think I commented on this one elsewhere - but I think this is pretty poor to put it mildly. The tuning is disastrous and it just sounds odd, and the vocals are just a nightmare. In all honesty I believe I could sing this stuff better, and I could definitely play the guitar better...

Some slight promise in songwriting is nowhere near enough to save them, as I think there are thousands of bands out there making better quality product. In fact, I have no idea how you make music sound this bad - if this is actually fully recorded/mixed/produced then surely it would've been better to release this in demo form? The only solution for this band to progress is to replace all musicians (keeping only the songwriter), record a few songs professionally - enough to get a record deal - and hopefully when they have someone like Frontiers on-board make a good recording with a decent producer....

Hmmm, I still think this is a decent EP, nice enough songs, just lacking in production. In all honesty I don't mind the vocals. It sure aint gonna blow anyone away and yes there are definately tons of better sounding bands out there at the moment, but I can definately hear potential and would be very interested in hearing a well produced full length album from these guys. Good on them I say...not a bad effort. 7/10 from me.

• 7 years later...