Fallbrooke - s/t (2009)

Geoff

Well, these guys really, really impressed me. Very melodic modern rock songs on offer here with huge hooks all over the place and some soaring vocals in some delightful choruses.

cover.jpg

Track List:

1. Take Me Under 2:54

2. Can't Get You 3:22

3. Numb 2:54

4. Condition: Response 4:42

5. Losin' It 3:31

6. The Best Thing 2:51

7. I Tried 3:39

8. Safe 3:46

9. Too Late 3:23

10. Condition: Response 4:16

Myspace

Official Website

The shitter? Well, looks like this may only be available on I-Tunes at the moment. Check out 'Condition: Response' if you can, for one of the year's finest ballads.

Very nice mate...sounds like a cross of Anberlin and Safety Suit which = bliss for me :tumbsup:

Yeah, I have a feeling that once this sinks in it could be one of the best of 2009. The choruses are not all immediate, but I can tell that with time, when I know that's the chorus, this is going to be a gem.

The first song on the album actually reminded me of the band Kick The Kangaroo, from a few years ago. Vocals are pretty good too. Good call with Safetysuit too. Some real emotive, atmospheric ballads on this one. And yeah, the uptempo tracks do have a bit of Anberlin in them too. :)

Hmm, I dunno. This is almost sounding too clean and polished for me. I was hoping for a little more bite if that makes any sense.

Hmm, I dunno. This is almost sounding too clean and polished for me. I was hoping for a little more bite if that makes any sense.

Yeah, this one is definitely very clean... very polished. But with killer songs. Just how I like it. ;)

Brilliant stuff!!!! I really like what I've heard. Especially 'Numb'. Is the album out?

Hey mate, I have a bad feeling it's only available digitally - http://www.amazon.com/Fallbrooke/dp/B001RJ...23&sr=103-1 - I just hope there is a physical release planned. Yeah, 'Numb' is good stuff. Love those big juicy choruses.

• 2 weeks later...

I love this too, thanks for the tip-off! If anyone knows when a physical copy becomes available please let me know, I'm not paying £8 for something I can't actually hold in my hands!

I love this too, thanks for the tip-off! If anyone knows when a physical copy becomes available please let me know, I'm not paying £8 for something I can't actually hold in my hands!

Yeah, it's a shame I can't find a physical version. Definitely loving this disc.

• 3 weeks later...

Really like the sound of this one, but why oh why oh why are they not releasing this properly? Whoever tells these people that downloading is the future should be strung up and beaten to unconciousness by my large wooden integrated tape/record-player from 1985....

Really like the sound of this one, but why oh why oh why are they not releasing this properly? Whoever tells these people that downloading is the future should be strung up and beaten to unconciousness by my large wooden integrated tape/record-player from 1985....

Backed. As you may have seen, this is currently my favourite modern rock disc of the year - I really love it, and 'Condition: Response' is as good as any song recorded this year, if not better. But it's lethal news to know it's not actually physically released. :(

Backed. As you may have seen, this is currently my favourite modern rock disc of the year - I really love it, and 'Condition: Response' is as good as any song recorded this year, if not better. But it's lethal news to know it's not actually physically released. :(

I emailed them via their website I was so annoyed. I told them that I would take each of their mothers out, buy them a slap-up meal and give them lots of champagne, and then bang them senseless in a variety of torturous positions - all of which would be filmed and put up on the Web - if they didn't release this on CD.

I'm hoping to get a favourable response to my email.

I emailed them via their website I was so annoyed. I told them that I would take each of their mothers out, buy them a slap-up meal and give them lots of champagne, and then bang them senseless in a variety of torturous positions - all of which would be filmed and put up on the Web - if they didn't release this on CD.

I can't see why you wouldn't. Hell, I wish I was part of the band now!

I can't see why you wouldn't. Hell, I wish I was part of the band now!

No need to go to the trouble of auditioning for the band etc, just PM me your Mum's phone number?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pmakid

hey guys first off thanks so much for listening. this is Augusto from fallbrooke and i was delighted (to say the least) to find this thread!!! our CD WILL be available physically in stores everywhere. We're just tyring to find the best distribution deal here in the US and overseas. that's in the near future as well as touring!! so please don't forget about us

oh and PS my mom loves Chilis bar & grill. and more of a whiskey fan just like me!!

lol

thanks for the support hope we get to meet one day

Yeah this is a good release......I just wish the last three tracks werent all so downbeat......would have been good to have a good rocker in there.

hey guys first off thanks so much for listening. this is Augusto from fallbrooke and i was delighted (to say the least) to find this thread!!! our CD WILL be available physically in stores everywhere. We're just tyring to find the best distribution deal here in the US and overseas. that's in the near future as well as touring!! so please don't forget about us

oh and PS my mom loves Chilis bar & grill. and more of a whiskey fan just like me!!

lol

Was only messing with the comments about your mum's (unless any are single? :lol: ), but glad to hear I'll be able to get a CD copy of this soon - sounds exactly the sort of stuff I love...

lol

Was only messing with the comments about your mum's (unless any are single? :lol: ), but glad to hear I'll be able to get a CD copy of this soon - sounds exactly the sort of stuff I love...

Yeah, awesome news! This is a CD I'll want for sure. :)

Sorry guys to be a pain, but the second half of this album just falls flat for me.

Very good up to and including track 6, but after that its all so depressing....and repeating the ballad again was a big mistake IMO.

Sorry guys to be a pain, but the second half of this album just falls flat for me.

Very good up to and including track 6, but after that its all so depressing....and repeating the ballad again was a big mistake IMO.

Yeah, hopefully when it makes it onto CD there is another new track instead of the ballad (which admittedly is my favourite song on the CD) again. Stunning song, but only needed once. :)

Yeah, hopefully when it makes it onto CD there is another new track instead of the ballad (which admittedly is my favourite song on the CD) again. Stunning song, but only needed once. :)

sorry mate...only needed once and pretty average to these ears. I can think of hundreds of better modern ballads than this one....just IMO of course.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay Glen, I did it for you. Mostly just to see what all your fuss about these last three songs is all about. And now I'm going to to this:

1. Take Me Under - An absolute monster opener, and arguably the best opening song of the year. Sets the mood for beautiful things.

2. Can't Get You - very hooky, catchy modern melodic rock. Could and should be a hit for these guys.

3. Numb - more thumbs up, and part of a very strong start to the disc.

4. Condition: Response - as noted elsewhere, one of my favourite songs of the year. The chorus is just freakin' huge.

5. Losin' It - I admit it, this one for whatever reason reminds me of f*cking Busted... but not quite as gay. But this one is very poppy, but an awesome song anyway. Really, really catchy again.

6. The Best Thing - Probably my favourite of the disc. Although the chorus is not as distinguished as first imagined, this is probably the album's catchiest song. Pure bliss. The guitar riff and the backing vocals... everything here is pure perfection.

7. I Tried - really surprised you don't dig this, Glen. To me, this is a first-class ballad and another really, really stong track. Maybe even better than one or two of the first six.

8. Safe - This is one I am a little half undecided about. The first line of the chorus indicates one of the album's best songs, but the second half of the chorus is a little jumbled. Still, I do really like this song and I consider it in no way a filler.

9. Too Late - To me this is actually a really great atmospheric closing ballad. It's a shame they replay the other ballad right after this because it kind of takes from it's appeal. They should either have added another uptempo track here at track 9 and closed the album with this, or just left it at 9 songs. Because if you ask me, this is a great song.

And there it is. If I wasn't sure before, that spin definitely reconfirmed this as the best modern title for the year so far. I really don't think the last 3 songs are poor at all, and to be honest - as seen above - I actually really dig every song. Great disc.

Okay Glen, I did it for you. Mostly just to see what all your fuss about these last three songs is all about. And now I'm going to to this:

1. Take Me Under - An absolute monster opener, and arguably the best opening song of the year. Sets the mood for beautiful things.

2. Can't Get You - very hooky, catchy modern melodic rock. Could and should be a hit for these guys.

3. Numb - more thumbs up, and part of a very strong start to the disc.

4. Condition: Response - as noted elsewhere, one of my favourite songs of the year. The chorus is just freakin' huge.

5. Losin' It - I admit it, this one for whatever reason reminds me of f*cking Busted... but not quite as gay. But this one is very poppy, but an awesome song anyway. Really, really catchy again.

6. The Best Thing - Probably my favourite of the disc. Although the chorus is not as distinguished as first imagined, this is probably the album's catchiest song. Pure bliss. The guitar riff and the backing vocals... everything here is pure perfection.

7. I Tried - really surprised you don't dig this, Glen. To me, this is a first-class ballad and another really, really stong track. Maybe even better than one or two of the first six.

8. Safe - This is one I am a little half undecided about. The first line of the chorus indicates one of the album's best songs, but the second half of the chorus is a little jumbled. Still, I do really like this song and I consider it in no way a filler.

9. Too Late - To me this is actually a really great atmospheric closing ballad. It's a shame they replay the other ballad right after this because it kind of takes from it's appeal. They should either have added another uptempo track here at track 9 and closed the album with this, or just left it at 9 songs. Because if you ask me, this is a great song.

And there it is. If I wasn't sure before, that spin definitely reconfirmed this as the best modern title for the year so far. I really don't think the last 3 songs are poor at all, and to be honest - as seen above - I actually really dig every song. Great disc.

Nice, and by and large I do agree with you.

Tracks 1-3 - agreed...although the statement 'arguably the best opening song of the year' is a bold one! I can think of loads of opening songs already this year which destroy this song....

It's Not You

Change Or Die

Divided

All I Wanna Do

Love Wont Wait

The Hits Keep Coming

Track 4 - Mmmm, I still dont know about this ballad. OK but not great.......has now been eclipsed by 'Say What You Will' (Nural) and 'Im Sorry' (The Veer Union) in the modern genre.

Tracks 5-6 - Agree 100%

Track 7 - warming to this one...but dont rate it as highly as you

Tracks 8-9 - as I said before I need an uptempo feel good rocker in the last 4 tracks to really lift the album......nothing wrong with these songs but its all a bit too melancholy for me

Track 10 - mistake. period.

Id give it a solid 8/10, but there are already 3 or 4 albums which are closer to 9/10 (Nural, The Veer Union, Halestorm and Papa Roach) and that's with some excellent albums due in July.

To be honest I doubt if Falbrooke will make top 10 come year end, but that doesnt mean its a bad album.

Cheers

My view on this is as follows:

JUST FUCKING RELEASE IT ONTO A NORMAL CD AND SELL IT IN THE SHOPS, LIKE EVERY OTHER BAND DOES

I have no comment on the actual songs as I haven't really heard them. Anyone got any idea if this is actually going to see the light of day? Bastards.