Fallbrooke - s/t (2009)

Geoff

I read over at Melrock.com that this going to get a proper CD release...probably later in the year.

You see the problem with these bands is they expect most people who will buy their music are aged less than 20 and will not go any where near a CD even if their life depended on it.

Sign of the times Im afraid.

• 3 weeks later...
Sorry guys to be a pain, but the second half of this album just falls flat for me.

Very good up to and including track 6, but after that its all so depressing....and repeating the ballad again was a big mistake IMO.

Having actually downloaded a full copy & been spinning this all weekend, I pretty much agree. The first 5 or 6 songs are very good, though not exactly up to the standard of NURAL, but then the pace drops and I lose interest. This kinda sounds like a long E.P rather than a full album, as (excluding the edit version of "Condition:Reponse" on the end) it's really only about 25 minutes of new music....

• 1 year later...

Another one I would like to download (had it but seem to have lost it). Anyone know where I can download it from or if they ever did release this on CD?

Another one I would like to download (had it but seem to have lost it). Anyone know where I can download it from or if they ever did release this on CD?

Sorry mate the link I got mine from doesn't work anymore, though they do have their own website you could search. They def didn't release this on CD though. If I wanted to irritate Geoff I could say that you should try and download "Losin' It" and not bother with the rest, but that would be harsh... :whistle:

Sorry mate the link I got mine from doesn't work anymore, though they do have their own website you could search. They def didn't release this on CD though. If I wanted to irritate Geoff I could say that you should try and download "Losin' It" and not bother with the rest, but that would be harsh... :whistle:

The first half of the album is great....the second half is quite weak is memory serves me right........

Found a link that works. Thanks anyway :)

Sorry I missed this one, would have been happy to re-provide this brilliant album, with an abundance of great tunes aside from 'Losin' it.' ;)

First half is definitely the stronger half. But the 2nd half goes good... just hard to compare to an utterly stunning start to the album. :)

got the working link as well, will check out later, so there's no disc released at all this one man ?

Nah, not for this one. Shame, as it's one of my favourite albums in recent years. It's one of those albums that - if you have your Ipod on or something, and this album comes on - really grabs you by the testicles and after gently licking them, it just starts biting, but in a way that makes you want to dance and smile. Just a great, exciting and pleasurable album. :)

first impression from me, this is a very good modern melodic rock disc.

Best tracks for me "Take Me Under", "Losin' It", and "The Best Thing". Funny I found "Numb" and "Condition : Response" to be only good (great bridge-chorus but kinda decent verse). Too many ballads I guess, Glen is right, putting more uptempo will bring this album higher, but all of those ballads are great I guess.

Among those 4 ballads, hm I guess "Too Late" might be the best one, but also could be "I Tried". Yeah shame they didn't put this out on a CD :doh:

really grabs you by the testicles and after gently licking them, it just starts biting, but in a way that makes you want to dance and smile.

Mate what you get up to with your dogs is really your own business....

got the working link as well, will check out later, so there's no disc released at all this one man ?

It's one of those albums that - if you have your Ipod on or something, and this album comes on - really grabs you by the testicles and after gently licking them, it just starts biting, but in a way that makes you want to dance and smile.

Yeah I too had a sexual experience when listening to this album....a feeling of being screwed as the last half of the album was so weak ;-))