Ron Bolton Band

Swazi

For all AOR/pomp lovers !

Ron Bolton Band:

Ron Bolton Band - AOR-FM website

:guitbannana:

This release has never been released in CD format. Now it has been reissued and is available here: Target Records

A MUST-HAVE !! :bananamac:

A great little album if early 80's AOR is your thing. Nice to see this getting a legit re-issue and I shall definitely be getting a copy.

Michael's brother?

Quite simple: NO

Just found out that the release date is Feb 27.

• 2 weeks later...

My copy arrived through the letterbox this morning and songwise, this is a quite stunning early 80's AOR disc. Never thought this would see the light of day on CD, but here it is. Soundwise this is still 'weak', but bearing in mind this wasn't a major label production in the first place, this is as good as it is going to get I think.

• 2023 Gold Donors
My copy arrived through the letterbox this morning and songwise, this is a quite stunning early 80's AOR disc. Never thought this would see the light of day on CD, but here it is. Soundwise this is still 'weak', but bearing in mind this wasn't a major label production in the first place, this is as good as it is going to get I think.

For those of us who haven't heard of him, who is he comparable to.

For those of us who haven't heard of him, who is he comparable to.

Think Franke And The KO's, Dakota and a little .38 Special at their most AOR and you would be on the right lines. :tumbsup:

I think I jumped the gun a bit in my initial excitement of holding this in my hands, quickly flicking through it and not listening to it properly. I have lived with this over the weekend and there is definitley something up with the 'Remastering' on this. No bottom end whatsoever and a truly truly awful 'Boomy' kick drum sound that washes in and out of the mix at every given opportunity. VERY off putting and it really does spoil the whole sound. As I said above, I know this album didn't have a big production job in the first place and is quite weak, but this sounds absolutely lousy and worse than my vinyl copy. Such a wasted opportunity as the songs here really are excellent. I will be interested to hear others comments who get this one - I think a few people are gonna be mega disappointed. Be warned.

I think I jumped the gun a bit in my initial excitement of holding this in my hands, quickly flicking through it and not listening to it properly. I have lived with this over the weekend and there is definitley something up with the 'Remastering' on this. No bottom end whatsoever and a truly truly awful 'Boomy' kick drum sound that washes in and out of the mix at every given opportunity. VERY off putting and it really does spoil the whole sound. As I said above, I know this album didn't have a big production job in the first place and is quite weak, but this sounds absolutely lousy and worse than my vinyl copy. Such a wasted opportunity as the songs here really are excellent. I will be interested to hear others comments who get this one - I think a few people are gonna be mega disappointed. Be warned.

Hmmm .......... I haven't got it yet due to my vacation last week, but I will let you know what I think. Doesn't sound too good, though ! (bad pun not intended :()

Well that wasn't good news Jez, thanks for the warning. That's rather impressive how they can make it sound even worse than the original crappy sound...

• 2 weeks later...

I will be interested in hearing others opinions of this one when they have bought it (I notice Bernd got this today) as there have been a few interesting comments over at Glorydaze after I made a comment about the remastering of this disc. Basically the boss of the record label says the sound is really good on here and the problem is with my stereo equipment. I beg to differ, it sounds like shite - comments anyone?

I will be interested in hearing others opinions of this one when they have bought it (I notice Bernd got this today) as there have been a few interesting comments over at Glorydaze after I made a comment about the remastering of this disc. Basically the boss of the record label says the sound is really good on here and the problem is with my stereo equipment. I beg to differ, it sounds like shite - comments anyone?

Hmm .. Jez. Are you sure it's not your stereo equipment that sounds crappy ?? ;)

It obviously doesn't sound like a new production, but I really don't think it sounds that shite. A little dated and dusty maybe, but not shite, imo. Although I am not too fussy.

What do others think ?

Hmm .. Jez. Are you sure it's not your stereo equipment that sounds crappy ?? ;)

It obviously doesn't sound like a new production, but I really don't think it sounds that shite. A little dated and dusty maybe, but not shite, imo. Although I am not too fussy.

What do others think ?

I've tried this on 3 different systems mate and the better the system, the worse the mix sounds.

The intermitent boom on the Kick drum that wanders in and out of the mix and the non existent Bass? George amongst others over at Glorydaze found the same problem. If you heard the original vinyl LP you would see my point. I know this isn't a big budget produced album, but the remastering on this plains sucks. Your hearing is going Old man :D

Your hearing is going Old man :D

Highly likely ! :tumbsup:

• 8 years later...