Info and consensus on these bands

Nelson

I found these band's CDs in my favorite CD and Game Store but they don't have a listening station. I looked at the band pics and they look cool but I don't want to make another mistake like I did with the PRESENSE "Inside" CD in which the band has this cool rocker look but the music is new wave. I would like to know if these bands are heavyharmonies materials. And additional info would be appreciated

YOUNG SAINTS:

EVENTIDE

band1.jpg

Hmm, I didn't really mind that Young Saints band at all. Both songs - without being great - were pretty decent. Are they Aussie, by any chance? Man they look like some corny late 80's rock band from Australia and that vocalist sounds soooo much like Juno Roxas!!!

I'd be interested to find out a but more about those guys.

I found these band's CDs in my favorite CD and Game Store but they don't have a listening station. I looked at the band pics and they look cool but I don't want to make another mistake like I did with the PRESENSE "Inside" CD in which the band has this cool rocker look but the music is new wave. I would like to know if these bands are heavyharmonies materials. And additional info would be appreciated

YOUNG SAINTS:

EVENTIDE

band1.jpg

The Young Saints is alright typical Canadian Hard Rock from the late 80's early 90's. The Eventide is also good, nothing spectacular. They remind me in places of Von Groove. If they are sitting there for 1$ or 2$, I'd give them a chance.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got the YOUNG SAINTS CD and it's very enjoyable.

who cares if it is HH able or not!

The reason for my inquiries was that I don't want to discover another band that has the "looks" but sounds like the Goo Goo Dolls or Soul Asylum. I would like to know what I'm getting first before purchasing. The problem for me is still cash. I don't have that much money to spend on some CDs that will only gather dust in my collection. I don't care if its not HH as long as I enjoy it. I responded to the thread about non-hh albums that we enjoy and those are the albums that bought knowing that they definitely don't rock (Cake, Elton John, Casting Crown - CC doesn't belong here). Alternative bands like Goo Goo Dolls and Soul Asylum, I absolutely don't like. Just a waste of money for me. I've even bought an indie from eBay with the description of "indie hard rock" but when I got it, it was definitely hard rock but on the alternative side. And with that Lol Tolhurst band PRESENCE with an AOR sounding first song but 9/10 of the album turned out to be New Wave.

And about that second band EVENTIDE, zacharyamelie was generous in his praise in saying that "...is also good". Nothing good at all in that band. I hate the whole CD.