Foreigner - Unusual Heat

Faron

What do you think of this album? :unsure:

I hope to be borrowing this over the next couple of days and as a lover of Foreigner, wondered what Johnny Edwards was like?

I`ve read mixed reviews on the album, will be an interesting listen! :tumbsup:

Great band :bowdown:

I really like the album and think it is underrated but it is maybe a bit more blues rock ala Bad Co. that you might guess a Foreigner album would sound like. That being said it has about 4 fantastic songs on it

Thanks mate :tumbsup:

While it might be a little different I still think it's a great album.

I still have on cassette and if I ever find a used copy out somewhere I'll probably upgrade.

I do remember playing the heck out of this one when I first got it after "Lowdown and Dirty" came out on the radio.

In the Foreigner catologue I would rate it at the bottom, not because it is bad (it isn't, there are some great songs on here) but because the rest of the Foreigner catologue is so strong.

In the Foreigner catologue I would rate it at the bottom, not because it is bad (it isn't, there are some great songs on here) but because the rest of the Foreigner catologue is so strong.

Cheers Jez, will give it a spin and see how it sounds :tumbsup:

• 1 year later...

Finally got this one coming my way (for a dlightful price of us$3!) after being curious about it for a while now. I didn't know Foreigner had released an album in, what was it? 1992? When I found this out I became very interested. Will see how it goes.

• 6 months later...
Guest JonniJigolo

To be honest Edwards was nothing more then a Lou Gramm clone, and seeing as Lou was was still better makes it a pretty pointless album to me. However, if Lou recorded ''I'll Fight For You'' and ''Lowdown And Dirty'', i'd be bowing to it. To me, and I know I'm not alone on this, Foreigner isn't Foreigner without Lou. Seeing as this came out in '91, i'd recommend the Shadow King album before this; Lou, Bruce Turgon and Vivian Campbell were a pretty good mix.

Yeah, heard this one recently and it didn't create much of a stir. I agree the Shadow King album is far superior.

I don't mind 'Unusual Heat' at all. It was actually pretty good all the way through, but in saying that there was just nothing that really stood out either. It was good, without ever being great at all. Solid all round disc, though.

Now I`ve owned it for a while and am really familliar with it I like it, not up there with the rest of thei albums but still good.

For what it`s worth, the Shadow King album is far better IMO.