Sahara Rain "Sand In Your Hand"

hardrockhaven

New band out of Switzerland produced by Michael Bormann. LOTS of big choruses and background vocals going on based on their few myspace songs. Should appeal to plenty on this board.

http://www.myspace.com/sahararainmusic

Nice find, not a big fan of the vocals but the songs themselves & the awesome harmonies make this sound pretty cool. It's kinda Melodic Metal - a bit like Starbreaker - with plenty of keys, will definitely check this out...

Yeah, I've been seeing this band's name pop up in a few places this week and was looking for some more on them. I actually thought it was another Bormann-fronted project. :lol: They sound pretty good, but like Tim I'm not sure how keen I am on the vocals. Nice big choruses, definitely sounds a lot like recent Bormann projects. I'm not sure this'll rank too high with me, but I definitely will be giving it a good and proper spin.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone picked this up? If so would like to hear how good this is (difficult to judge from the very few soundclips)....

Anyone picked this up? If so would like to hear how good this is (difficult to judge from the very few soundclips)....

First three songs are boring crap, mate. I guess I'll listen to the rest of it, but not particularly in a hurry after that start.

I have Had the CD for a while it takes time to get use to it . Seems like the last 4 songs are the best rest are fillers . Really surprising with Bormann Producing it ! Anyone listend to the new band bormann is fronting called THE TROPHY ?? The release date on it is I believe April 17 or somewhere around there .

I have Had the CD for a while it takes time to get use to it . Seems like the last 4 songs are the best rest are fillers . Really surprising with Bormann Producing it !

Yeah, I must have said it in another thread (I thought it was here?) but I agree. There are a couple of okay songs (but still not great) towards the end, but the damage is already done. The start and majority of this CD is just so average and filler-packed. One of the most boring listens I've had for a while. I doubt I'll even spin it again to be honest.

I have Had the CD for a while it takes time to get use to it . Seems like the last 4 songs are the best rest are fillers . Really surprising with Bormann Producing it ! Anyone listend to the new band bormann is fronting called THE TROPHY ?? The release date on it is I believe April 17 or somewhere around there .

I did catch the sound samples of THE TROPHY yesterday. Bormann has whored himself out yet again. Sigh. Again, it was decent, but it's nothing like his glory days with Jaded Heart.

Listening to the myspace now.. reminds me of Crystal Ball.

I haven't really dug Crystal Ball since their first 2 flawless releases, but even their last few CDs are better than this, imo.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So did anyone else bother with this or did they (wisely) take my word on it? I listened to it again last night for Matt's sake, but man, this is just crap. Some of the weakest songs I've heard on this type of release in the genre for ages. Awful CD.

So did anyone else bother with this or did they (wisely) take my word on it? I listened to it again last night for Matt's sake, but man, this is just crap. Some of the weakest songs I've heard on this type of release in the genre for ages. Awful CD.

Yeh ive been playing it and i like it.

• 7 years later...