Blistering Records - Feb. 1, 2009

heavyharmonies

Blistering Records is proud to announce the worldwide signing of U.S. hard rock legends LILLIAN AXE.

Derrick, Eric, Ken, Sam & Steve are so excited about joining the Blistering Records roster of artists and look forward to a long, successful venture recording their music for the label.

While searching for a new label over the past year, Lillian Axe was looking for a record company who respected their past, but more importantly wanted the band to be part of their present and future. Blistering Records proved to be the most aggressive suitor for Lillian Axe making the decision an easy one. The Axe men were equally thrilled to become the flagship artist with this fast rising international company who already boasts releases from melodic rock heroes like Joe Lynn Turner, Glenn Hughes, Jorn & House Of Lords!

Lillian Axe, having re-established themselves in 2007 & 2008, look forward to 2009 as the year of The Axe! They will embark on a world tour this June in support of their new CD, Sad Day On Planet Earth. The ambitious 12 month trek will take them across the United States, Canada, Europe & Japan. Every city & every festival that wants Lillian Axe shall have them!

Although, Lillian Axe never forgets its glorious past, their sound is very modern. Musically speaking, Sad Day On Planet Earth is by far their strongest album. With a rare balance of continuity & variety showcasing their veteran song writing chops, radio formats from Active to Mainstream & Loud Rock will find something to love on this amazing record. Fourteen tracks of pure Lillian Axe to rock the music world out of it's collective slumber!

The songs that will be appearing on Sad Day On Planet Earth were written by main Axe man Steve Blaze & include: Megaslowfade, Ignite, Divine, Down Below The Ocean, Jesus Wept, Within Your Reach, Sad Day On Planet Earth, Fire Blood The Earth & Sea, The Grand Scale Of Finality, Cold Day In Hell, Blood Raining Down On Her Wings, Hibernate, Kill Me Again & Nocturnal Symphony.

The album artwork is being created by Peter Tsakiris, a major force in the industry who has created covers for Dio, Twisted Sister, Deep Purple, Ted Nugent, Overkill, Jackyl & Warrior Soul to name a few!

Lillian Axe sends heartfelt thanks the rock music community for the opportunity to continue making the music they have believed in their entire career & look forward to doing so for many years to come!

Keep an eye out for more news on Lillian Axe as we get closer to the birth of Sad Day On Planet Earth.

http://www.lillianaxe.com

http://www.myspace.com/lillianaxe

http://www.blisteringrecords.se

Wow, that was quick.

I'd love to be able to give the songs a spin if they're on myspace, but I have to be completely honest. For a band I have loved for a lot of years, they did kind of lose me on 'Waters Rising'. I anticipated that album like I would a sexual liason. But it was shit. And I don't see this new one being any better, to be honest. In fact, I have absolutely 0 expectations. I think it'll be 'Waters Rising Part 2'... which I have no time for.

Still, for the sake of the memories I will try it.

:lol: How'd I misread that. I thought the album was pretty much done - did I see all the song titles and stuff? Wow, that's forward planning.

i';, very much looking forward to the new lilian axe, hopefully something like "love & war" :beerbang:

Mate, save yourself the heartache of another disappointment:

Although, Lillian Axe never forgets its glorious past, their sound is very modern.

Face it, our beloved Lillian Axe is no more. :(

I just hope it's "modern" in a good way, and not in a 'Waters Rising' way.

i';, very much looking forward to the new lilian axe, hopefully something like "love & war" :beerbang:

Although, Lillian Axe never forgets its glorious past, their sound is very modern.

Wheres the original singer now?

lol, smart ass, spot on call... i think that lillian axe now needs to be under an new name.. stevie blaze is the onlt one from tier glorious past present.

lol, smart ass, spot on call... i think that lillian axe now needs to be under an new name.. stevie blaze is the onlt one from tier glorious past present.

I agree completely. Ron Taylor may not have been Lillian Axe so to speak, but I don't think there is a Lillian Axe without him. Just like it would not really be Lillian Axe without Stevie Blaze.

To be honest, the last album still had a faint Lillian Axe sound to it... but really bad Lillian Axe, which is not something we'd been introduced to in their early albums. The guy even sounds like Ron to a degree, but if you ask me it's just not the "real" Lillian Axe.

As this is a record label thread, I should also point out that this gem is out on Blistering Records, available for order now. In the vein of The Poodles, but imo better:

Covered Call

I'll just keep my fingers crossed, especially after their last effort :whistle:

>> Wheres the original singer now? <<

Ron Taylor is in the Dallas band Lowside with Lillian Axe bassist (through the 90's) Darrin DeLatte.

If you meant Johnny Vines ... fuck knows what he's up to.

What do Lowside sound like?

>> What do Lowside sound like? <<

Lowside MySpace page

Wow. What the hell happened to the guys in this band? :lol:

Thanks for the link anyway. Another band I can cross off the list. ;)