Oh, it's not too early, kiddies!

hsf

OK suckas! I'm getting the royal ass-handing-to in regular season college football pick'em, but now we're gonna do the college bowl season picks.

I'm ready to dominate....... the lower regions of the rankings.... again!

Who's gonna get in on opening the can of ass whip this holiday season?

Join here:

Group ID - #3180

PW - beer

OK, really?

None of you suckas are gonna let me try to whoop you in the bowl pick'em? I'm only one point out with 2 weeks left in the season pick'em, but I'm not gaining ground and it's down to the wire.

So I need another shot! Come on! :tumbsup:

OK, really?

None of you suckas are gonna let me try to whoop you in the bowl pick'em? I'm only one point out with 2 weeks left in the season pick'em, but I'm not gaining ground and it's down to the wire.

So I need another shot! Come on! :tumbsup:

I'm in. :beerbang:

• 2 weeks later...

OK, now that the bowls are all set, who else is gonna join in the fun?

We're only missing one player from the regular season. Anyone new wanna give it a shot? Come on!

• 2 weeks later...
It all starts in....................................................................1 MINUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes. The league is on Yahoo. (Hopefully anyone who wanted in already knew that.)

:tumbsup:

(Sorry. I had a "few" beers at lunch while Xmas shopping. I think they're still messing with me. So, these ones that I drink during the Pens game probably aren't going to make my posts any better. lol)

• 2 weeks later...

Not for nothing, but this year's bowl season is absolutely wacky.

I've missed seven of my top ten picks. And of them, 6 were favorites. Not that I went through picking all favorites, but in many instances, they seemed like decently solid picks. (I don't really investigate and measure up and all that stat checking stuff, so I guess I can't complain TOO much.)

I'm only holding on by a hair. By the end of bowl season, I have a feeling I'll be dwelling near the bottom too.

OK, my biggest concern with this game was OSU's D. If they could shut down Texas because the Big XII doesn't play much Defense, all those numbers the Big XII guys put up against each other and the way Texas Tech got their rear's handed to them...My argument about Tebow vs. the Big XII QB's has been the level of "D" Tebow has played this year.(I think Tebow should have won the Heisman again this year)

The one thing I didn't think of was the way Texas is getting gashed by OSU's offense. Total domination by OSU in the first half but the game is tight. will come down to which coaches make the best adjustments at the half

OK Wes, looks like it is me and you. If we pick the same team I CAN NOT win but if things go just right I can sneak in and take the trophy from you.

Best of luck and may I ( i mean the best man) win.

I'm sure you picked Florida. :whistle:

To be honest I haven't looked at those picks since I made them almost a month ago so I can't remember who I picked. :anon:

As a Sooner fan I must say that I'm a bit disappointed. I don't feel terrible over it like I did in past bowl games. They played hard and came up short. I must say that some of the officiating was quite strange throughout the game. The first quarter was just bizarre. The game came down to who could capitalize on opportunities and that turned out to be Florida. Still, I think the game really came down to the last pick thrown by Bradford. He threw a perfect pass and the receiver let a defender steal the ball from him. That was unbelievable and it pretty much ended the game right there.

The game was a bit hard for me to watch. There is only so much punishment a fan can take. It didn't make the situation any better with my uncle going ballistic about everything whether there was a reason to be mad or not. I hate watching sports with people like that.

Congrats...........Stoops leads Florida over Oklahoma!! Well done coach you stupid FUCK!!!!!!!I haven't seen such bad play calling since......well since Monday and Vest.

Couldn't agreee more!

I hate to say it, but there must be a "Youngstown Playbook" that these coaches are using that forms their offenses into absolute crap. Oklahoma pushed Florida all over the field for much of the game, yet, in the end, somehow managed to not score. If Oklahoma had kicked a few field goals, they would have been in position to either already have the game in hand, if not drive for a final field goal to win. (Let alone if they hadn't screwed the pooch and actually punched one in!)

All too reminiscent of the Buckeyes' loss Monday night. NO ONE expected a game in the Fiesta Bowl and Tressel's lack of playcalling, not to mention a few horrible calls, let Ohio State be in a position to blow the game with less than half a minute left.

I won't discredit Florida's loss. They did what they needed to do to be the National Champs. That said, Oklahoma should be celebrating right now, drinking it up because of happiness, not trying to find all the booze they can too drown their sorrows.

Glad I wasted 2 nights this week watching close games that were blown by horrible coaching decisions and a bad play here or there. (It's not like Texas and Florida didn't have their share of bad plays. But they pulled it out because of fewer boneheaded play calls.) Work's gonna be even GREATER tomorrow. :doh:

While I agree that it seemed like Stoops play calling wasn't great, to me it came down to the fact that Oklahoma plays in an offensive conference with no focus on defense, and for the first time this year faced a fast defense that confused them from time to time and a fast defensive line that was able to put some pressure on Bradford so he couldn't stand there and throw the ball anywhere he wanted to. If I learned one thing in these bowl games I've learned that the Big 12 is overrated. You can score a million points a game all year if you face bad defenses but when it comes time when you face a great one then defense will always win that battle IMO. Also if Florida's D held OU to 14 I wonder if OU would of even scored against USC GREAT defense.

About the Ohio St/Texas game. First, I was impressed how OSU played hard and proved a whole lot of people wrong that didn't give them a chance in hell to win that game. Second, if they knew how to tackle on that last play they would of won the game bad play calling or not. Third, that was one of the best bowl games I've ever seen.

Wow so I won this league and the NFL pickem league and got 3rd in the college pickem.

I guess I had a decent year then except for barely missing the playoffs in the regular fantasy league.

Congrats Wes! That's quite the run! :beerbang: