Richard Marx

JC_AOR

Sorry about the double post but I really wanted to start a new thread for these new albums insted of having them in the Richard Marx - Greatest Hits thread.

Just read over at MR.com that Richard Marx has two new studio albums on the way.

The first of these, and the one that has me really excited is called 'Emotional Remains'. It is described as straight ahead, modern rock with songs that "posess the heartfelt vocals found in all of Marx's signature songs, but with a hard rock edge."

MARXEmoRemains-cover.jpg

The second of the new albums is called 'Sundown' and is a bunch of duests and cover songs. less appealing to me but being the fan I am I'll pick it up for sure.

sundown.jpg

You can pre-order or download from his website now...apparantly

Awesome news!

Sounds pretty good. May have to get these, especially 'Emotional Remains'. His last 2 albums 'Days In Avalon' and 'My Own Best Enemy' have been a real return to form.

Sounds pretty good. May have to get these, especially 'Emotional Remains'. His last 2 albums 'Days In Avalon' and 'My Own Best Enemy' have been a real return to form.

Yeah Jez, I just had a listen to all the samples for 'Emotional Remains'. Definately in the same vein as his last two incredible albums but perhaps a little less pop rockish and the material is not as instantly catchy. I should wait til I have the actual CD and play the songs the whole way through before I make judgement.

You can sample all tracks on the official Richard Marx website here.

Both albums are being sold for just $10 each on his website (pre-order) or you can download both albums for $15.

Actually screw that idea, the RM website is asking US$26 to post the 2 CD's to Australia.

• 1 month later...

Jez, I'm just playing Emotional Remains as I write this. Really wonderful stuff and as I said earlier, it's definately in a similar vein as his last two incredible albums. A few slower songs and some more upbeat ones; all having a fresh modern edge and really nice production. Very highly recommended to all Richard Marx fans and especially those who enjoyed My Own Best Enemy.

I've not yet played the new duets album.

Unfortunately his website is asking US$46/AUD$70 to have his two albums posted to Australia...I'll stick with my download for now thanks.

Jez, I'm just playing Emotional Remains as I write this. Really wonderful stuff and as I said earlier, it's definately in a similar vein as his last two incredible albums. A few slower songs and some more upbeat ones; all having a fresh modern edge and really nice production. Very highly recommended to all Richard Marx fans and especially those who enjoyed My Own Best Enemy.

Unfortunately his website is asking US$46/AUD$70 to have his two albums posted to Australia...I'll stick with my download for now thanks.

Thanx for that mate - will definitley keep an eye out for it when I can get it. :tumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Well now I might have to check out those last two albums then... if there's anything like 'Part of me' on them. Seriously, what a simply magnificent song, and so far this 'Emotional Remains' disc sounds good. I had no idea he allowed balls to be present on his recent CDs. ;)

I'm definitely skipping that duets album, but the other one sounds interesting. I really liked the first-half of his last album (it seriously tailed-off after that) but it wasn't exactly essential. Even these new tunes don't quite have the hooks his earlier stuff did, but I might check it out....

I'm definitely skipping that duets album, but the other one sounds interesting. I really liked the first-half of his last album (it seriously tailed-off after that) but it wasn't exactly essential. Even these new tunes don't quite have the hooks his earlier stuff did, but I might check it out....

Yeah, I'd rather shave my scrotum and eat my pubes than listen to the duets disc, but I did like that 'Emotional Remains' one. I kind of got a little distracted through the middle but I think it did trail off a bit, but the first few songs and definitely that last one, 'Done to me', are superb. Definitely worth a few more spins.