Sons Of Anarchy

Leykis101

Well, definitly a unique concept, and after its 3rd week, I have to say, I'm really starting to like it, the ties into the Shield are very appearent, and Jay Karnes(Dutch) from the Shield made his debut tonight, playing a cop!!! Katy Segal is a remarkable actress, and has come a long way from her days as Peg Bundy, a very entertaining show, and while it doesn't move anywhere near as quickly as The Shield, I think you guys that like The Shield will like this as well.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Just watched this past week's episode today.

REALLY liking this show. Things are moving pretty quickly. Wanna see how there would be ANY possibility of this latest plot twist ending right and SAMCRO not completely splintering along the fault lines that have been rumbling all season.

This show, while it won't be the Shield, at least not yet, is drawing me in each and every week. Gonna be watching intently the next 2 weeks for how this plays out.

• 1 month later...

Looking forward to the next installment (season 2) of SOA.

A really good show that has even more potential. (With the Shield gone and Rescue Me probably on its way out soon, Sons of Anarchy could fill the need for the testosterone-driven drama on the FX Network.)

• 3 weeks later...

And Kurt Sutter is the main writer on this, so he will get full creative control with the storylines, unlike his writing days with the Shield crew, where he had to share scripts between 5 other writers, I can tell without a doubt which Shield episodes he was responsible for! that is why I am a new loyal SOA fan.

• 7 months later...
Season 2 startes September 8th.

I just ordered Season 1 on DVD to get caught up on what I missed. :headbanger:

It appears that Henry Rollins has joined the cast not sure as a guest star or more of a permanent thing.

Where did you read about Rollins??? same place I must have, but I havent figured out anything else about it! its not on the imdb, but I think the role of a ex-cop, turned murder craving biker, is a great roll for mr.rollins, who despite what anybody thinks of him(im a huge fan of black flag)is a superb actor! You better watch that entire season before you go any further! Sutter weaves so mucy shit together, that's why you see people(even on these forums) that like the Sheild, but had absolutely no fucking clue what was going on! and primarily, because where you didnt watch the first part of the season, you wont be excited about what will happen at the first part of season 2, because it was never mentioned again after the 5th episode, except once in passing in the season finale!

Season 2 startes September 8th.

I just ordered Season 1 on DVD to get caught up on what I missed. :headbanger:

It appears that Henry Rollins has joined the cast not sure as a guest star or more of a permanent thing.

Where did you read about Rollins??? same place I must have, but I havent figured out anything else about it! its not on the imdb, but I think the role of a ex-cop, turned murder craving biker, is a great roll for mr.rollins, who despite what anybody thinks of him(im a huge fan of black flag)is a superb actor! You better watch that entire season before you go any further! Sutter weaves so mucy shit together, that's why you see people(even on these forums) that like the Sheild, but had absolutely no fucking clue what was going on! and primarily, because where you didnt watch the first part of the season, you wont be excited about what will happen at the first part of season 2, because it was never mentioned again after the 5th episode, except once in passing in the season finale!

Rollins is mentioned yesterday on a Yahoo Tv in a story about returning shows.

Don't worry I'm going to watch season one DVD before season 2 starts.

My favorite new show from last year.....I suppose they will only have 13 EPs again, 20 would be better....

I imagine with it being an FX show it would just be 12 or 13 episodes.

Of course the new season of Rescue Me was a double season because of the writers strike causing them to lose a whole season.

Fx just orders show's on however the series is doing, remember after season 4 of The Shield, FX put it into Hiatus, then only ordered 10 episodes, and the writers couldnt get the entire script into only 10 epsiodes, so they went ahead and shot the entire thing, then the Shield's ratings shot back up and FX need 5 more episodes, that's part of the uniqueness of FX, they only show FOX movies, they own their own programming, everything, if you ever notice, Columbia House and BMG Dvd clubs, don't offer any Fox or FX or any of it's affiliates, it's like it's own little communist channel

• 2 weeks later...

Okay I just finished season one plus all of the bonus features in 4 days! :headbanger:

This show is just plain awesome and even hits the spot more than Rescue Me does, which IMO has gotten kind of stale. My fav character is Opie who to me has so much shit going on throughout season one. The poor guy knows he needs the life to pay his bills and feel complete but he needs out of the life to keep his family but then when his wife finally comes around he loses everything anyway. He's just an amazing character IMO plus I haven't seen the actore that plays him(Ryan Hurst) in anything since he played the linebacker in 'Remember the Titans' so it's cool to see him in a cool show. Really every character was perfectly cast IMO and it's also great to see Kim Coates(Tig) in a show fulltime after being in so many shows such as CSI Miami as a guest star. Also there were 3 former Veronica Mars alumini(Theo Rossi as Juice, the character of Dale, and Francis Capri played a Mayan thug during the hit on Mitch Pillegi's character). Was it me or did Mitch bring back his persona as "Horace Pinker" in the movie Shocker to play his Neo Nazi character? Also we had Opie's wife who prior to this show had been in Jericho and then after this show went on the play in 24 as the president's daughter.

Can't wait until September 8th to see the new epside. :tumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
Okay I just finished season one plus all of the bonus features in 4 days! :headbanger:

This show is just plain awesome and even hits the spot more than Rescue Me does, which IMO has gotten kind of stale. My fav character is Opie who to me has so much shit going on throughout season one. The poor guy knows he needs the life to pay his bills and feel complete but he needs out of the life to keep his family but then when his wife finally comes around he loses everything anyway. He's just an amazing character IMO plus I haven't seen the actore that plays him(Ryan Hurst) in anything since he played the linebacker in 'Remember the Titans' so it's cool to see him in a cool show. Really every character was perfectly cast IMO and it's also great to see Kim Coates(Tig) in a show fulltime after being in so many shows such as CSI Miami as a guest star. Also there were 3 former Veronica Mars alumini(Theo Rossi as Juice, the character of Dale, and Francis Capri played a Mayan thug during the hit on Mitch Pillegi's character). Was it me or did Mitch bring back his persona as "Horace Pinker" in the movie Shocker to play his Neo Nazi character? Also we had Opie's wife who prior to this show had been in Jericho and then after this show went on the play in 24 as the president's daughter.

Can't wait until September 8th to see the new epside. :tumbsup:

I have the new episode from last night on my DVR and am going to watch it tonight. :headbanger:

What a GREAT way to start season 2! If you weren't sure after season 1 and watched last night.... hell, even if you didn't watch season 1, last night had to get you hooked!

Can't wait to see where this season leads SAMCRO and if the tensions lead to any changes in the old guard. New cast additions look to be superb choices already.

What a GREAT way to start season 2! If you weren't sure after season 1 and watched last night.... hell, even if you didn't watch season 1, last night had to get you hooked!

Can't wait to see where this season leads SAMCRO and if the tensions lead to any changes in the old guard. New cast additions look to be superb choices already.

Nice to see Adam Arkin get a good gig with this show after "Life" got the axe early this year.

Yeah the last scenes with the Gemma situation were crazy and very unexpected.

These Aryan fucks are going to have hell to pay when SAMCRO gets a hold of them.

Does anybody else, find themselves wishing Mackey and the strike team would show up and teach everybody a lesson???

Does anybody else, find themselves wishing Mackey and the strike team would show up and teach everybody a lesson???

I was wondering when you were going to comment in this thread again.

Yes Mackey and Ronnie should show up with the ghost of Lem and kill everyone.

No seriously they shold bring him in as a guest star but with a different character name of course.

I was wondering when you were going to comment in this thread again.

Yes Mackey and Ronnie should show up with the ghost of Lem and kill everyone.

No seriously they shold bring him in as a guest star but with a different character name of course.

Sorry bro! dealing with life shit! all my friends are a bunch of lemmings, I watch SOA, they watch SOA, I jack off, they jack off, I hang myself, they hang myself! etc. well anybody who cant tell that this guy wrote a bulk of the shield episodes, isnt that bright! Sutter started writing a few Shield episodes, and by series end, was the primary writer, the way he carefully weaves 20 different plots, craftfully in and out of each other, never showing his hand, bringing new plots out of left field that you never even contemplated seeing, and letting the last plot fall quietly into oblivion, you never stop to wonder what happened for very long, because he instantly grabs your nuts with something even more mind blowing, then before, but somehow carefully winds distant and old unsolved storys into the middle of new ones, and finishes them off, one by one, this guy is seriously a genius! he does it better then anybody on any show ive ever watched in my whole life! fuck Lost! and Heroes, those shows are stupid, this guy probably throws away what those guys consider to be their best scripts! IMO

If anybody else digs the theme song as much as I do, I found it on Itunes, its by Curtis Stigers and the Forest Rangers!

• 1 month later...

Oh shit it's getting good! what a great fucking show!! I never ever thought The Shield could be outdone, but Kurt Sutter has once again gone above and beyond expectations! showcasing why he is in a class of his own! did you guys know he is married to Katie Segal?? what a trip, and he's the one that plays Oddie.

As in the Shield, Sutter knows how to use a backing character and to cause mystique and play to just enough people that it creates kind of like a cult following, much like Ronnie and Tavon in The Shield, I believe this person in SOA is Happy, played by real life Hells Angel member David Labrava! he is used as nothing more then a backing member, who appears at key parts of the plot, but is never ever refered to, spoken of, or made note of in any way shape or form! some episodes(as in tonights) he is not even in, but when they wind up in Jail, and when they go to intercept the guns and get in a shoot out, he is more then visible opening up the battle with his shotgun! Here is a funny little incident he got into! he not only plays the part, he is the part!

http://www.zimbio.com/Hells+Angels/article...nts+felony+drug

And I also found out something nuts! Scot Glenn was originally cast to play the role of Clay Morrow, don't know what happened but Ron Perlman was the only cast member not originally cast!

• 2 weeks later...

what? nobody else is watching this shit? next week is the 90 minute season finale! which from his own words on his blog, creator Kurt Sutter says is 90 min! 30 extra minutes of commercials!

what? nobody else is watching this shit? next week is the 90 minute season finale! which from his own words on his blog, creator Kurt Sutter says is 90 min! 30 extra minutes of commercials!

Cmon Cody do you think I would stop watching this? Fuck yeah I am.

And no comment on Kenneth Johnson(Lem from The Shield-Now going by Kenny Johnson) on this weeks episode? He seems to have some history with Teague. I wonder if he will join the cast permantly and if that will be an angle for next season. I sure hope so. Right in the middle of the big fight with Weston and his crew I was just wishing that Vick Mackey would appear to fuck them all up. Damn I miss the Shield.

Anyway another killer episode and Zorbel was smart to admit to the narcotics and get pinched for that instead getting dead by Clay. Look forward to next weeks finale but wonder who that is pointing a gun at Tara.

Lem shows up as the equivalent of Teague only from the Tacoma chapter! that's why he has the T patch on the sleeve of his jacket! I hope they let Happy have more face time! I lobve this show