Have your music tastes changed over the years?

NO since i was very young i'm listening Hard Rock AOR Heavy Metal Pop New Wave all the good music specially 80's as the good Alternative Rock in the 90's in this moment i'm listening to Chevelle - Vena Sera (Alternative/Hard Rock/Grunge) in the day i can to listen for example to Thin Lizzy - Racer X - Limited Warranty - New Order - Sweet Water - Kim Wilde - Edguy or Cloven Hoof :guitbannana:

My tastes are struggling with anything that`s not old :tumbsup:

Same here.Thats why i am at the point of only buying newer releases from classic bands.

New and old releases of old stuff preferably :tumbsup:

I`m obviously stuck in my ways, old school and all that :)

And the music was better back then :tumbsup:

• 1 year later...

Tough question, quite embarrassing tbh, but I (perhaps naively) take it that I'm among friends, so here is my confession:

Started off listening to pop music in the 80s, including some pretty awful bands (who shall remain nameless). Then heard 'Is This Love' by Whitesnake, thought it was the best thing ever, so bought the album, which blew me away. From there got into Scorpions and then lots of other heavy metal. Gradually got into thrash, hated Death Metal because of the vocals, but suddenly overcame that and got massively into the genre. Then went through a real AOR/Hard Rock phase, before getting into indie, aka "Britpop". After that, much to my eternal, unforgiveable shame, I went through a long, expensive and ultimately unrewarding hip hop phase. No idea why, I hate that stuff now, save for 10-20 tracks I will always love, which is a pretty poor outcome after buying loads of CDs. When I finally came to my senses, I went straight back into thrash and Death Metal in a big way, then Hard Rock too.

Reading this, I can't help but wonder about my mental health... :crazy:

Like Keith, My musical tastes haven't really changed,... Just evolved though the years, as My CD Collection will attest to.. I STILL enjoy the music I liked in Highschool and College, I Just add to it, Ya know?? Some days I like Brutal death or Black metal.. Other days I wanna hear stuff like Skid Row or Kix, and then other days it's Euro power metal like Helloween, or Primal Fear or Hammerfall... :beerbang: