Proper Footie 2008/9

Wotty

I agree with Jez concerning Drogba,but the "hanballs" are exactly that....Handball.But Chelsea should and could have won that anyway with the injured,but now I'm not,Drogba the culprit.

Is the very top of your arm/Shoulder classed as hand ball Wot?

It is if you raise your arm like he did.

I agree about Drogba, but any of the Barcelona players would have gone down in the same fashion had they been 'touched' running into the box.

It just amazes me that he can allow 4 incidents to go unpunished.

Dont get me wrong, I couldnt give a fuck about Chelsea, but I do like to see fairness.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, what's it gonna be tonight ? Barcelona or Chelsea ?? Who will be playing against ManU in the CL final ??

My guess is Barcelona. What a dream final this would be ! The currently 2 best european teams playing against each other !

I think Barcelona, would be the most attractive final :tumbsup:

Well that was the most shickingly bad refereed game Ive never seen in my entire life.

How many blatant penalties appeals turned down....3? 4??. Just shocking.

Drogba's parting comment to the camera was spot on.

'A fucking disgrace'.

Yeah, I totally agree with you ! That really sucked. :( On top Chelsea will never forgive themselves for wasting so many chances to score one more goal.....

What's even more laughable is that Barcelona have also lost their 2 main defenders for the final which means that Rooney and Ronaldo will run riot in Rome.

They probably still would of done! :bananamac:

So, what's it gonna be tonight ? Barcelona or Chelsea ?? Who will be playing against ManU in the CL final ??

My guess is Barcelona. What a dream final this would be ! The currently 2 best european teams playing against each other !

I think Barcelona, would be the most attractive final :tumbsup:

Well that was the most shickingly bad refereed game Ive never seen in my entire life.

How many blatant penalties appeals turned down....3? 4??. Just shocking.

Drogba's parting comment to the camera was spot on.

'A fucking disgrace'.

Yeah, I totally agree with you ! That really sucked. :( On top Chelsea will never forgive themselves for wasting so many chances to score one more goal.....

What's even more laughable is that Barcelona have also lost their 2 main defenders for the final which means that Rooney and Ronaldo will run riot in Rome.

Puyol will be back, though. And probably Henri on the left wing. It will be a very interesting game as well. I wonder who is going to be the ref ??

Stevie Wonder,Ray Charles ???

:lol:

I listened to most of the game on the radio as I don`t have Sky Sports :crying:

Drogba got a bit of stick for cheating and the radio commentator suggested that Drogba and Ronaldo would welcome Alves into the Premiership as it would take the onus off them two :lol:

For Barcelona to score with their only on target shot is harsh but one goal isn`t enough when the away team is more than likely to score!

Look forward to the final, anything can happen but Utd are a better team as opposed to Barcelona having some better players! :tumbsup:

Drogba got a bit of stick for cheating and the radio commentator suggested that Drogba and Ronaldo would welcome Alves into the Premiership as it would take the onus of them two :lol:

For Barcelona to score with their only on target shot is harsh but one goal isn`t enough when the away team is more than likely to score!

Look forward to the final, anything can happen but Utd are a better team as opposed to Barcelon having some better players! :tumbsup:

Yeah one goal aint enough......not helped by having 4 penalties denied.

Utd will muller Barca.....they were average against Chelsea at the Bridge.....sexy footie my arse....couldnt hit a cow's arse with a banjo.

Stevie Wonder,Ray Charles ???

:lol:

:tumbsup:

Drogba got a bit of stick for cheating and the radio commentator suggested that Drogba and Ronaldo would welcome Alves into the Premiership as it would take the onus of them two :lol:

Look forward to the final, anything can happen but Utd are a better team as opposed to Barcelon having some better players! :tumbsup:

Utd will muller Barca.....they were average against Chelsea at the Bridge.....sexy footie my arse....couldnt hit a cow's arse with a banjo.

Nice to see Utd will be getting your support Glen! :tumbsup:

I`ve just seen some clips on Sky Sports News showing Drogba and Ballacks rants, a disgrace, nicely compared with Darren Fletchers professionalism,even though the scenarios were different!

Nice to see Utd will be getting your support Glen! :tumbsup:

I`ve just seen some clips on Sky Sports News showing Drogba and Ballacks rants, a disgrace, nicely compared with Darren Fletchers professionalism,even though the scenarios were different!

Just emotions running high and for good reason IMO.

I read yesterday that the ref has now officially apologised for completely ballsing the game up - a bit late now. UEFA should never have given him the game after the Italy fiasco.

Also, Faron, I wonder how differently youd be viewing this situation if it had been Utd denied 4 clear penalties against Arsenal and Utd had gone out.

Do you think possibly that Rooney & Ronaldo et al would have been giving it some at the final whistle??????!!!!!!

Also, Faron, I wonder how differently youd be viewing this situation if it had been Utd denied 4 clear penalties against Arsenal and Utd had gone out.

Do you think possibly that Rooney & Ronaldo et al would have been giving it some at the final whistle??????!!!!!!

Don`t get me wrong Glen, I can understand certain players reactions to bad decisions, look at Man Utd in the past where they all surrounded the ref led by Roy Keane. But I`m viewing the situation like most others, Chelsea were out of order regardless of how bad the referee was!

Drogba`s reaction in full view of the camera was hardly the height of professionalism, doesn`t help himself with continually being "snipered"!

Don`t get me wrong Glen, I can understand certain players reactions to bad decisions, look at Man Utd in the past where they all surrounded the ref led by Roy Keane. But I`m viewing the situation like most others, Chelsea were out of order regardless of how bad the referee was!

Drogba`s reaction in full view of the camera was hardly the height of professionalism, doesn`t help himself with continually being "snipered"!

Everyone's so mean and nasty.........Except Man Utd.Eh Faron ? :whistle:

I know his reaction at the final whistle was unprofessional, but to single out Drogba just because of his reputation is not right. I think any player would have reacted at the final whistle in these circunstances. Having watched the game the tension was running high in the final moments and that final penalty shout was the last straw for the Chelsea players....I mean if he'd given that youd have bet your house on Ballack burying that penalty and Chelsea would have progressed.

Youve got to remember that for a lot of these players this might have been their final chance - I mean youve only got to look at the stats to see how often clubs make it the final.....and then win it. Even Barca and Manu are only looking at a couple of wins each in how many years??? 10....15.

That's why the reactions were there.

I bet the Barca players would have reacted a lot worse if they had been on the end of the same treatment! What do you think............?

Dani Alves would have broken the world record for finger waggled the most times. LOL.

I know his reaction at the final whistle was unprofessional, but to single out Drogba just because of his reputation is not right. I think any player would have reacted at the final whistle in these circunstances. Having watched the game the tension was running high in the final moments and that final penalty shout was the last straw for the Chelsea players....I mean if he'd given that youd have bet your house on Ballack burying that penalty and Chelsea would have progressed.

Youve got to remember that for a lot of these players this might have been their final chance - I mean youve only got to look at the stats to see how often clubs make it the final.....and then win it. Even Barca and Manu are only looking at a couple of wins each in how many years??? 10....15.

I bet the Barca players would have reacted a lot worse if they had been on the end of the same treatment! What do you think............?

Dani Alves would have broken the world record for finger waggled the most times. LOL.

Drogba gets singled out for reacting in an unpleasent way on top of everything else, didn`t see any other players reacting quite as disgracefully as he did! :unsure:

I like to think I`m completely unbiased in my opinion, the amount of bad press Chelsa are getting because of this, suggests an awful lot of other people are of the same opinion.

I`m guessing most teams would furiously react under heated circumstances, definitely Man Utd but still shouldn`t happen! :)

As I posted earlier, Alves was jokingly referred to on the radio as being in good company with Ronaldo and Drogba if he came to the premiership.

Everyone's so mean and nasty.........Except Man Utd.Eh Faron ? :whistle:

I would of slated a Man Utd player/s in a similar situation, no excuses! :bananamac:

Drogba gets singled out for reacting in an unpleasent way on top of everything else, didn`t see any other players reacting quite as disgracefully as he did! :unsure:

I like to think I`m completely unbiased in my opinion, the amount of bad press Chelsa are getting because of this, suggests an awful lot of other people are of the same opinion.

I`m guessing most teams would furiously react under heated circumstances, definitely Man Utd but still shouldn`t happen! :)

As I posted earlier, Alves was jokingly referred to on the radio as being in good company with Ronaldo and Drogba if he came to the premiership.

Alves is pretty good, but man is he really worth what £30M ???! I think not. Jamie Carragher is better than him.

& he waggles his finger less

4 days without any posts here ?!?! What's going on ?? Where is the spirit, guys ?!?!

4 days without any posts here ?!?! What's going on ?? Where is the spirit, guys ?!?!

The expected has almost happened........

Luton became an ex football league team

Crystal Palace floated into mediocrity

Southend had a decent season

Man Utd are on the verge of yet another Premiership crown

:lol: Ok ..............., that was a clear statement !! :tumbsup:

Hopefully, even clearer tomorrow! :bananamac:

I know 'Proper' fans of Man Utd that live in Nigeria and go to more games than you , you glory hunting Fanboy. :D

I know 'Proper' fans of Man Utd that live in Nigeria and go to more games than you , you glory hunting Fanboy. :D

I saw them at Villa Park in 1982, I bet a lot of Nigerians didn`t go to that one! :P

I saw them at Villa Park in 1982, I bet a lot of Nigerians didn`t go to that one! :P

I bet that was the last time aswell mate ;)

It was the one and only time! Would like to take my boys to a game, one day!

It was the one and only time! Would like to take my boys to a game, one day!

Well, i'll be taking my boys to Southend.....in their new 22,000 seater stadium which will be 2 mins drive from my house. See the benefits of supporting a local club!....... (even if the footie standard is shite :tumbsup: ).