Places Of Power

Glen

A tad too clean and polished for my tastes. But, it's good to see Philip Bardowell (ex-Unruly Child) back in action. Unruly Child's debut album is still one of my favorite cds of all time.

Chris

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was thinking to open a poll with ONE OF THE BEST ALBUMS IN THIS NEW YEAR 2009 but Lennie was first.

Well you are an AOR and Melodic Hard Rock lover? then YOU NEED THIS ONE Philip Bardowell is 100% a mix of Lou Gramm/Dann Huff Wow! Bruce Turgon is Great too, every song here have SUPER INTROS i love songs with Great intros, fans of Shadow King and Giant will enjoy this one no doubt.

Check here the video of "In Your Wildest Dreams" no their best song but is Great.

My rating 95/100.

I was thinking to open a poll with ONE OF THE BEST ALBUMS IN THIS NEW YEAR 2009 but Lennie was first.

Well you are an AOR and Melodic Hard Rock lover? then YOU NEED THIS ONE Philip Bardowell is 100% a mix of Lou Gramm/Dann Huff Wow! Bruce Turgon is Great too, every song here have SUPER INTROS i love songs with Great intros, fans of Shadow King and Giant will enjoy this one no doubt.

Check here the video of "In Your Wildest Dreams" no their best song but is Great.

My rating 95/100.

Excellent song....got to get this.... :tumbsup:

I don't think the hole album is fantastic but it sure has its great moments.

The end of the disc is a real shocker. The last song is great but there are about 4 or 5 songs leading up to it which are just begging to be skipped. Overall, though, this album is not bad. I can tell you now it won't be anywhere near my top 20 or probably even 50 albums at the end of the year, but it's okay. I like that it has some balls, but Bardowel's solo was better, imo. Still, I'll spin it again for more detailed thoughts.

Very solid. 'Desires Of Our Hearts' is a killer tune. 3 or 4 fillers, but 8 strong tunes overall for me.

Indeed, solid release, not at the top imho but cool stuff.

Thanks god, this time Turgeon doesn't sing !!! Bardowell is the man.

Very solid. 'Desires Of Our Hearts' is a killer tune. 3 or 4 fillers, but 8 strong tunes overall for me.

Backed - Bardowell sounds very Gramm/JLT in places, giving the disc that sort of Foreigner/Commercial Rainbow kind of feel. This disc is growing on me with each listen. :tumbsup:

Backed - Bardowell sounds very Gramm/JLT in places, giving the disc that sort of Foreigner/Commercial Rainbow kind of feel. This disc is growing on me with each listen. :tumbsup:

do not have this yet, but the samples do not excite me as much as I thought I would be, oh well, if Itunes has it, I will give it a chance!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Just started listening to this... So far it sounds pretty good :beerbang:

Heard it twice so far and really liked it !