DAKOTA ROCK FEST!

Evil Rick

Seriously what time will the beer be ready Rick? :beerbang:

Whatever time you guys start arriving, that is when the beer will be cold and ready. :drink:

Sometime between 12-2pm I'd say.

Just give me a call when your ready and I'll head over.

Alright. I will get on the road as fast as I can. Gotta take the kids to daycare and stuff so we will plan for 2 pm.

Can't wait! Should be a GREAT time :banana::banana:

2 pm sounds great! :beerbang:

Also, I just emailed you guys my address so let me know if you don't get it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm heading to SFalls this afternoon.

This will probably be last time on here until at least Sunday/Monday.

Drive safe, drink many beers, and take lotsa pix. Oh, and make sure to give Pete a noogie from me when you see him. :lol:

I'm heading to SFalls this afternoon.

This will probably be last time on here until at least Sunday/Monday.

Drive safe, drink many beers, and take lotsa pix. Oh, and make sure to give Pete a noogie from me when you see him. :lol:

Ditto, Safe Trip! We'll see you Friday. :drink:

Here's a little write up in todays Argus Leader newspaper. Notice how they mention 18 bands, I wonder who the others are?...

Ready to rock? Sioux Falls to host its first rock festival

Dakota Rock Fest at the fairgrounds will include top performers Firehouse, Jackyl and Skid Row as well as local rock bands

By BryAnn Becker

bkbecker@argusleader.com

published: 07/24/08

IF YOU GO

What: Dakota Rock Fest

When: Friday and Saturday

Where: Sioux Empire Festival Grounds at the W.H. Lyon Fairgrounds, 4000 W. 12th St. The Festival Grounds are located east of the Bridlewood Barn and south of the main paved parking lot.

Cost: $20 Friday, $30 Saturday, $40 (advance) and $45 (at gate) 2-day pass, $150 VIP Pass (Includes 2-day pass, unlimited food and drinks in the VIP tent located stage right and walk throughs with the bands). Children 10 and under are free at the all ages show if accompanied by a paying adult.

Information: Visit www.dakotarockfest.com

Sandwiched in between the Sioux Falls Jazz & Blues Society - JazzFest and LifeLight music festival comes a festival just for rock fans. Dakota Rock Fest kicks off tomorrow at the W.H. Lyon Fairgrounds.

The eighteen band line-up includes headliners Jackyl, FireHouse, Slaughter and Skid Row and local bands Jukebox Zeroes and Hollywood and Vine. The bands will play at the Sioux Empire Festival Grounds, which are at the fairgrounds near the Bridlewood Barn.

"This is something for the rest of the crowd, besides Lifelight and JazzFest," said organizer Kevin Leisinger.

Rock Fest comes at a higher price tag - a two-day pass is $40 in advance and $45 on site. With eighteen bands performing, Leisinger notes that people will only pay about $2 per band. He is confident that people will attend and said most people will attend both days.

"These festivals have a following," he said.

Leisinger, owner of Leisinger Entertainment, designed the concept of the festival out of inspiration from Rocklahoma, a rock festival in Pryor, Okla.

Dakota Rock Fest headliner Jackyl played at Rocklahoma July 9.

Lead singer Jesse James Dupree says he doesn't notice a difference in playing at strictly rock festivals.

"The people that will come support us and show up. They're consistent. They just want to rock," he said.

Leisinger plans on making Dakota Rock Fest an annual event and already has bands that want to play next year. He thinks this year's line-up will work well and added that there will be some production surprises at the event.

"If they are half as good as I think they are, that'll be good," he said.

Deep (and slightly redundant) thoughts from the festival organizer. :rofl2:

:lol: Ha, I was thinking that too. You know, I couldn't figure out if he was talking about the bands in general or the "production surprises at the event" mentioned in the line above. That's small town writers for ya.

:lol: Ha, I was thinking that too. You know, I couldn't figure out if he was talking about the bands in general or the "production surprises at the event" mentioned in the line above. That's small town writers for ya.

Reminded me of when Lisa Simpson was in the "Reading Digest" magazine's essay contest and Homer sez to the editor, "You know what my favorite part of your magazine is? Ways to Enrich Your Word Power. That thing is really... really... really... (pause) good."

I am leaving at 8 am! Got the vehicle packed and ready to roll. Chris should roll in at 8 and we hit the road!

Looking forward to a great time!!! Seeing Pete on stage, beers with Wes and Rick, more beers :drink2: , hanging out and having beers with Pete, more beers, great music, talking with people that actually like our kind of music, drinking beers :beerbang: , raising hell in SD.......... :blahblah:

And a big :butt: to all of you that can't be there!!!! :nyanya:

:woot::guitar::guitar::guitar:

I am leaving at 8 am! Got the vehicle packed and ready to roll. Chris should roll in at 8 and we hit the road!

Looking forward to a great time!!! Seeing Pete on stage, beers with Wes and Rick, more beers :drink2: , hanging out and having beers with Pete, more beers, great music, talking with people that actually like our kind of music, drinking beers :beerbang: , raising hell in SD.......... :blahblah:

Hell was raised in SD. :bowdown:

Most Definitely! :beerbang:

Oh Hell yeah and that was even before Taime Downe showed up in his dress. :lol:

That was one image I'd like burned out of my mind! :omg:

I think you should use that as your new Avatar. :rofl2:

Backed... you know you want to... ;)

I'm going with the pic of me and "future me". :lol:

Good call, future Rick ROCKS! :beerbang:

Good call, future Rick ROCKS! :beerbang:

Yep. And WAY NICER than Evil Rick :drink: