Vertical Horizon

JC_AOR

Just listening to Vertical Horizon - Everything You Want from 1999. I forgot what a great album this is. One of those discs I can play from start to finish and enjoy every song.

Are there any other fans out there?

The band released 2 independent albums before EYW, has anyone heard them??

I fully agree - that debut is one of the biggest surprises in my collection. As noted, pretty much every song is fantastic. I played it back in December and was again taken aback by it's worth. The next album is also impressive, but nowhere near as good as 'Everything you want'. I've never heard their earlier work. I really should some time.

I think 'Everything you want' would actually surprise a lot of AOR fans here.

Oh yeah, long time Vertical Horizon fan here. I would bet a lot of people on the board would like the last 2 releases (Everything You Want & Go). I've got the original indie pressings of their first 3 cd's, too...There & Back Again, Running On Ice, & Live Stages, before they got re-released by RCA. Their first album is drastically different than their later output. Strictly acoustic stuff, but still very good if you're into that kinda thing. Running On Ice shows a lot of growth from the first album...better songs, plus it's a full band effort with bass & drums. I have an extra copy of the first album & Live Stages if anyone is interested...drop me a PM. I just wish they would hurry up & release a new album!

Are they actually still together? ‘Go’ was released ages ago! I agree these two albums would definitely appeal to many here, imo.

• 2 weeks later...

I've listened to Vertical Horizon's entire discography and the only song I liked was "Everything You Want." To me, the rest is as forgetabble as it gets. I think my wife still has their albums, but even she hasn't dug them out in many moons. Probably because we already have enough coasters... -_-

I've listened to Vertical Horizon's entire discography and the only song I liked was "Everything You Want." To me, the rest is as forgetabble as it gets. I think my wife still has their albums, but even she hasn't dug them out in many moons. Probably because we already have enough coasters... -_-

Re-listen to the album 'Everything you want' mate. Ear candy. Heavy too. :)

Just listening to Vertical Horizon - Everything You Want from 1999. I forgot what a great album this is. One of those discs I can play from start to finish and enjoy every song.

Are there any other fans out there?

The band released 2 independent albums before EYW, has anyone heard them??

I thought this was an excellent album myself. Great stuff.

• 1 year later...

Anyone heard the new album? I heard 'Burning the days' last night and although I was a little pre-occupied it sounded pretty good - possibly the best since their debut (though still not nearly that good).

Anyone heard the new album? I heard 'Burning the days' last night and although I was a little pre-occupied it sounded pretty good - possibly the best since their debut (though still not nearly that good).

No but I've been looking forward to it. Is the new album out?

• 7 years later...