Can I smell a rat here ?

I have purchased one of these from this seller last week who states they are from his own collection, but it also states, it is a Japanese remastered release through the Duran Duran Fan Club.

Prior to me buying this, he had 6 for sale and over a couple of days , it went down to 5, 4 then 3 ,2 so I thought i would get one because they are going pretty fast and everything seem legit even though they were Jap issued fan club CD with extra tracks and the items were located in Finland.

Well when you purchase it, you have to wait until they send you the invoice before you can pay for it.

Well the invoice arrived in which you have to pay with Paypal through CCNow but the sellers email address finished in .ru which means Russia............ Straight away I thought FUCK, something is not right here and now I see he has another 6 for sale......Can I sense something shifty here ?????????

http://cgi.ebay.com/Andy-Taylor-DANGEROUS-...ksid=p1638.m118

Where does he say it's from his personal collection? I don't see this anywhere in the auction.

I do know that people in Russia cannot sign up for PayPal, so in order for them to accept PayPal payments, they have to go through a secondary processor like CC Now.

-Dan

Where does he say it's from his personal collection? I don't see this anywhere in the auction.

-Dan

Up in the "item location" section if I re-call correctly.

Yeah, In the item location it say's "From my collection" but it also states that the Country of origin of the CD is Japan :unsure:

-Dan

Yeah, In the item location it say's "From my collection" but it also states that the Country of origin of the CD is Japan :unsure:

His feedback is excellent with no one complaining, only praising.

-Dan

His feedback is excellent with no one complaining, only praising.

I lot of buyers would not recognize a boot if it kicked them in the ass ...ahem this includes me unless it is a badly done boot, so good feedback is almost meaningless where boots are concerned...

I lot of buyers would not recognize a boot if it kicked them in the ass...

I always recognize a boot when it kicks me in the ass. I pay special attention to the leather, the stitching, the laces, and--most importantly--the owner of the foot inside the boot. You know, so I can return the favor tenfold.

What's that? Not the kind of boot you were referring to? Ah, well, never mind then. As you were.

I've heard rumors of some new Russian bootleg imitations of Japanese pressings with OBIs, so it could be one of those.

(Wow, already my second post! :whistle: ) Yes, you're right! These are bootlegs and take it from me: excellent ones. I have bought several items from Igor (day-bidder) and never been disappointed. The only thing that sets them apart from the real thing is a: some Russian writing (especially on the OBI) alongside Japanese/English and b: you KNOW it isn't an official release.

So if you don't mind a bootleg or two: go for it :banger: , if you mind: :gone:

I myself have the two Andy Taylor CDs from "day-bidder" so I'm happy :banana: and pleased with them :chug:

Well, good for you. Too bad Sambo is BANEED, you would have been a best friends :whistle:

Sambo? :unsure:

Sambo means Sam and this link will shed more light on what Stormspell is getting at...... Better brace yourself :lol:

http://heavyharmonies.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=7964

Well, good for you. Too bad Sambo is BANEED, you would have been a best friends :whistle:

Sambo? :unsure:

Sambo means Sam and this link will shed more light on what Stormspell is getting at...... Better brace yourself :lol:

http://heavyharmonies.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=7964

:idea: Ah that Sam! I thought it was him but wasn't sure. Anyway don't think for a minute I'm on Sam's side on this subject :angry: but maybe sometimes there's the exception to the rule....or is there? :unsure:

I guess someone's gonna comment on this. That either you're against bootlegs or you're not, that you can't be both.

So don't get me wrong, I'm 99.9 % against it.... :huhsign:

:lol:

Stefan

There are plenty of reasons to be against boots .....unfortunately a lot of the stuff being booted is not available in proper release form so what is a music fan to do....it's too bad there aren't more people like stormspell who are willing to re-release product by relatively obscure bands, until we can get the music we want we have a choice , you can buy the boot or go without......neither option is satisfying....

• 3 weeks later...
I've heard rumors of some new Russian bootleg imitations of Japanese pressings with OBIs, so it could be one of those.

(Wow, already my second post! :whistle: ) Yes, you're right! These are bootlegs and take it from me: excellent ones. I have bought several items from Igor (day-bidder) and never been disappointed. The only thing that sets them apart from the real thing is a: some Russian writing (especially on the OBI) alongside Japanese/English and b: you KNOW it isn't an official release.

So if you don't mind a bootleg or two: go for it :banger: , if you mind: :gone:

I myself have the two Andy Taylor CDs from "day-bidder" so I'm happy :banana: and pleased with them :chug:

This CD arrived and I must agree with Backstar, if not for a bit of Russian writing on the OBI, it is otherwise a very professional package.

I'm very happy with it.