Warrior Soul

Fat Freddy

Just saw this on Blabbermouth and my little heart went pitter-pat... not much info here but I would LOVE to hear fresh Warrior Soul material after so many years!!

WARRIOR SOUL: U.K. Tour Dates Announced - Aug. 16, 2007

Legendary frontman Kory Clarke will take his newest version of WARRIOR SOUL on a small U.K. tour starting in October. This version of WARRIOR SOUL will perform a couple of its newest tracks live for the very first time.

Clarke was recently arrested and released on charges of aggravated assault and looks forward to getting back on the road to play these new songs live to his rabid fan base. Clarke's touring schedule in the U.K. will not be interrupted because of his arrest and all paperwork has been cleared for his arrival for customs.

WARRIOR SOUL's new demo tracks have many labels pounding on their door looking to sign the group. Management believes a deal will be inked in the coming months and the highly anticipated new WARRIOR SOUL CD will be released in the summer of 2008.

WARRIOR SOUL tour dates:

Oct. 19 - Cathouse - Glasgow, Scotland

Oct. 20 - The Woolpack - Doncaster, England

Oct. 21 - Junktion 7 - Nottingham, England

Oct. 22 - Purple Turtle - London, England

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's hoping the new stuff is along the lines of Salutations From The Ghetto Nation.

Amen brother... SALUTATIONS is in my top 5 of all time, easy :banger:

I'm bored as hell @ work today so I have been Yahoo Searching and Googling all over the place trying to find some info about the supposed Warrior Soul "reunion." So far all I've been able to find is this page: http://www.warriorsoul.com , which has nothing on it but a band logo and a message that sez "NO ORIGINAL MEMBERS ARE PLAYING IN THE WARRIOR SOUL TRIBUTE BAND!", and Kory Clarke's web site, http://www.koryclarke.com , which tells me to check back in October. So wow, that was informational wasn't it?? :blink:

• 1 month later...

Found this on Blabbermouth.. Yes Kory IS reforming Warrior Soul!!!!!!!

WARRIOR SOUL To Guest On IRON MAIDEN Singer's Radio Show - Oct. 6, 2007

Reactivated rockers WARRIOR SOUL, led by legendary frontman Kory Clarke, will be IRON MAIDEN frontman Bruce Dickinson's guests on Friday, October 26 during Bruce's weekly BBC 6 Music radio show, aptly named "The Bruce Dickinson Friday Rock Show". Listen to the program live via the Internet between 10:00 p.m. and 1:00 a.m. U.K. time at BBC.co.uk.

Clarke will take his newest version of WARRIOR SOUL on a small U.K. tour starting in October. This version of WARRIOR SOUL will perform a couple of its newest tracks live for the very first time.

Clarke was recently arrested and released on charges of aggravated assault and looks forward to getting back on the road to play these new songs live to his rabid fan base. Clarke's touring schedule in the U.K. will not be interrupted because of his arrest and all paperwork has been cleared for his arrival for customs.

WARRIOR SOUL's new demo tracks have many labels pounding on their door looking to sign the group. Management believes a deal will be inked in the coming months and the highly anticipated new WARRIOR SOUL CD will be released in the summer of 2008.

WARRIOR SOUL 2007 is:

Kory Clarke - Vocals

Johnny H - Guitar

Rille - Guitar

Mike McNamara - Bass

Rob "Stevo" Stephenson – Drums

Upcoming WARRIOR SOUL shows:

Oct. 19 - Cathouse - Glasgow, UK

Oct. 20 - The Woolpack -Doncaster, UK

Oct. 21 - Junktion 7 - Nottingham, UK

Oct. 22 - Purple Turtle - London, UK

Man I can't WAIT till next summer.. New Warrior Soul album!!!!!!! :headbanger:

• 2 weeks later...

Warrior Soul has a MySpace page now.... http://www.myspace.com/warriorsoulinfo

AND a brand spankin' new web site ... http://www.warriorsoul.info/ (the warriorsoul.com address I posted above a couple of weeks ago is no longer active)

Apparently the new lineup is: Kory Clarke on vocals, Johnny H on guitar, Rille on guitar, Mike McNamara on bass and Rob 'Stevo' Stephenson on drums. Not that it matters as long as Kory's on the mic, I don't care who's backin' him up (tho it would be nice to see John Ricco and Pete McClanahan back in the fold of course, I'll take what I can get anyway...)

On a side note, whilst glancing thru the "Discography" page on the above web site, I came across this CD single from the "Space Age Playboys" album that I never knew existed... and it has a couple of exclusive tracks! :yikes:

cover_drug.gif

Track list:

1. Love Is The Drug

2. Moonage Daydream (David Bowie)

3. Pump It Up (Elvis Costello)

4. I Just Wanna

If ANYBODY has this and wants to give it up for trade, I will gladly give you my left nut, a pint of blood, or just about anything else you want!!!

AND a brand spankin' new web site ... http://www.warriorsoul.info/ (the warriorsoul.com address I posted above a couple of weeks ago is no longer active)

Apparently the new lineup is: Kory Clarke on vocals, Johnny H on guitar, Rille on guitar, Mike McNamara on bass and Rob 'Stevo' Stephenson on drums. Not that it matters as long as Kory's on the mic, I don't care who's backin' him up (tho it would be nice to see John Ricco and Pete McClanahan back in the fold of course, I'll take what I can get anyway...)

On a side note, whilst glancing thru the "Discography" page on the above web site, I came across this CD single from the "Space Age Playboys" album that I never knew existed... and it has a couple of exclusive tracks! :yikes:

cover_drug.gif

Track list:

1. Love Is The Drug

4. I Just Wanna

If ANYBODY has this and wants to give it up for trade, I will gladly give you my left nut, a pint of blood, or just about anything else you want!!!

Backed!

cover_drug.gif

Track list:

1. Love Is The Drug

4. I Just Wanna

Backed!

I saw Warrior soul play last night in Camden....they smoked, no surprise I know! :yikes: ...they also aired a new song too which sounded pretty awesome!

Btw I got the above single....not really looking to get rid of it tho....its wicked awesome and the track 'I just wanna' on it is really great!

cover_drug.gif

Track list:

1. Love Is The Drug

4. I Just Wanna

Backed!

I saw Warrior soul play last night in Camden....they smoked, no surprise I know! :yikes: ...they also aired a new song too which sounded pretty awesome!

Btw I got the above single....not really looking to get rid of it tho....its wicked awesome and the track 'I just wanna' on it is really great!

Tease... <_<

I wouldn't get rid of it either if I had it. :P

cover_drug.gif

Track list:

1. Love Is The Drug

4. I Just Wanna

Backed!

Tease... <_<

I wouldn't get rid of it either if I had it. :P

I wasn't trying to be an :ahole: but isn't this single really easy to come by? :lol: I assume it was european release but there must be shitloads on ebay???? I'll keep an eye out so nobody has to give any testicles....left or otherwise!?!?

I wasn't trying to be an :ahole: but isn't this single really easy to come by? :lol: I assume it was european release but there must be shitloads on ebay???? I'll keep an eye out so nobody has to give any testicles....left or otherwise!?!?

I'm assuming it was a European release too, cuz I've never even laid eyes on a copy of that single over here in the Colonies, Vicc. Please keep your eyes peeled for a used one somewhere for me!!

(If he ever comes across another copy and wants to trade, I got first dibs, you HEAR me Pete??)

I'm assuming it was a European release too, cuz I've never even laid eyes on a copy of that single over here in the Colonies, Vicc. Please keep your eyes peeled for a used one somewhere for Pete!!

(If he ever comes across another copy and wants to trade, YOU got first dibs, you HEAR me Pete??)

Loud and clear man... and thanks! :drink:

I'm assuming it was a European release too, cuz I've never even laid eyes on a copy of that single over here in the Colonies, Vicc. Please keep your eyes peeled for a used one somewhere for Pete!!

(If he ever comes across another copy and wants to trade, YOU got first dibs, you HEAR me Pete??)

Pretty sneaky, Sis... <_<

Pretty sneaky, Sis... <_<

That's how i got where I am today... wherever that is... :blink:

Totally you're first up, just make me some MP3's until I get mine and I'm cool with that. :drink:

• 5 months later...

Geez, does Kory Clarke ever sleep? In addition to the re-activated Warrior Soul, he's now involved with another band (as a drummer only) from NYC called "The Stoned" -- I checked out their tunes via MySpace and they sound pretty bad ass!!

http://www.myspace.com/thestonedrock

(From Blabbermouth):

WARRIOR SOUL's KORY CLARKE Is One Of THE STONED - Apr. 3, 2008

Kory Clarke of WARRIOR SOUL and Scotty T. Dimebagger (Hair) — collectively known as The Gutter Twins — created THE STONED! The group's new four-song EP captures the '70s monstrosity of rock sound with tracks like the motor madness of "Nobody Rides For Free", the piledriver "Drunk Drivers From Space", the political powerball "Racing Air Force One" and the rehab-busting ode to sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll, "Vegas Honeymoon".

In 2006, THE STONED exploded straight out of 1972 and into 1973. THE STONED are here for nothing less than to reclaim true rock music from the poseurs, the imposters and the imposers and restore it to its rightful place at the very pinnacle of sweet sound itself. Flaccid riffs will not be allowed. Tepid solos will never be tolerated. Caustic choruses will henceforth be sneered at. Only the finest, the heaviest, the most soul-shaking rock music will THE STONED unleash upon the world. Dispensing '70s power rock forged in the fiery cauldrons of Detroit and New York and tempered on the anvils of British steel, THE STONED continue the musical tradition of THE STOOGES, MC5, NEW YORK DOLLS, FREE, HUMBLE PIE, FACES and the almighty RAMONES. For THE STONED doth rock, verily it is true, and what THE STONED hath rocked let no one cast asunder. Or to put it more simply, once you have been rocked by THE STONED, you stay rocked.

THE STONED was melded together by Kory Clarke of WARRIOR SOUL who serves as drummer and producer. Scotty T. Dimebagger is the lead singer extraordinaire and chief troublemaker. On guitar is Adam Dubin, director of some of the most massive music videos of all time, including BEASTIE BOYS' "Fight For Your Right To Party" and METALLICA's "Nothing Else Matters". And holding down the basic bass, the lowest lows is the Latin lover Sebastian Correa. Some bands measure their music in decibels. Mere decibels are inadequate for THE STONED. THE STONED measure their metal might on the Richter Scale. For when The Lords of Rock created THE STONED they looked down upon it and, lo, they judged it good.

Shoot! The 4-song EP by "The Stoned" is available via CDBaby... but they're outta stock already!! :cussing:

At least it sez it'll be back in stock soon... I already put myself on the waiting list for it.

Here's the CDBaby page for The Stoned for those who might be interested... you can check out samples of the tracks there too...

http://cdbaby.com/cd/thestoned

• 2 weeks later...

CDBaby e-mailed me yesterday to let me know that the EP by The Stoned was back in stock, so I ordered one (it was only five bucks!) ... will report my thoughts on it as soon as it arrives...

If you go to Amazon.co.uk (not com)..... and look up Warrior Soul Love then there are copies of the Love is the Drug single going from Amazon sellers for around £1.29 and upwards....the most expensive is £5.49 but there's loads around the £1.30 - £1.50 mark. Most of them do international shipping too which works out at about £3.00 by the look of it. So you can probably snag it for about $9 - $10 ish

If you go to Amazon.co.uk (not com)..... and look up Warrior Soul Love then there are copies of the Love is the Drug single going from Amazon sellers for around £1.29 and upwards....the most expensive is £5.49 but there's loads around the £1.30 - £1.50 mark. Most of them do international shipping too which works out at about £3.00 by the look of it. So you can probably snag it for about $9 - $10 ish

Thanx for the tip mate! :beerbang:

• 4 months later...

Saw this on Blabbermouth and I can't WAIT!!!! :headbanger:

WARRIOR SOUL Working On New Studio Album - Aug. 20, 2008

WARRIOR SOUL, the band fronted by legendary singer Kory Clarke, is currently working on a new studio album which is tentatively due before the end of the year. A tour will follow the album's release.

Video footage of WARRIOR SOUL performing the song "Let's Get Wasted" at Ace of Clubs in New York City on May 31, 2008 can be viewed below. The show marked WARRIOR SOUL's first American concert in twelve years.

Clarke's side project, THE STONED, opened the concert.

WARRIOR SOUL released a live album on April 14, 2008 through Livewire/Cargo Records. Entitled "Live In England", the CD was recorded in London during the band's October 2007 tour.

"Live In England" features many of the classic songs from the "Last Decade Dead Century", "Drugs, God And The New Republic", "Salutations From The Ghetto Nation", "Space Age Playboys" and "Chill Pill" albums as well as a brand new song entitled "Bad News (Rock n' Roll Boyfriend)".

The band's current lineup is as follows:

Kory Clarke - Vocals

Johnny H - Guitar

Rille Lundell - Guitar

Janne Jarvis - Bass

Rob "Stevo" Stephenson - Drums

Saw this on Blabbermouth and I can't WAIT!!!! :headbanger:

WARRIOR SOUL Working On New Studio Album - Aug. 20, 2008

WARRIOR SOUL, the band fronted by legendary singer Kory Clarke, is currently working on a new studio album which is tentatively due before the end of the year. A tour will follow the album's release.

Video footage of WARRIOR SOUL performing the song "Let's Get Wasted" at Ace of Clubs in New York City on May 31, 2008 can be viewed below. The show marked WARRIOR SOUL's first American concert in twelve years.

Clarke's side project, THE STONED, opened the concert.

Cool news, but did you watch the video that Blabbermouth included with this news bit? Good Lord, Kory sounds godawful!! His voice sounds like he's been smoking twenty packs a day and chasing it with shots of bleach!! :yikes:

If that's what his voice sounds like ALL the time nowadays (and I'm starting to get the feeling that it is, judging from this clip and of the few I've seen of him fronting Trouble thus far) then I'd say his voice is shot... which doesn't bode well for new material...

Here's the clip in question: