McFly

66 mustang

They can only dream of sounding like the bands you mentioned. Green Day - easily the weakest band on your list - are the nearest comparitors, but BUSTED is the best comparitor. And not even as good as BUSTED IMO. They are British & are huge here, & - whereas I'd sure rather hear MCFLY on the radio than most of the other rap/r&b garbage - I would sure as hell not advise buying their records. And this advice comes from a big fan of modern rock....

There's plenty of great modern rock albums out there from the last couple of years - +44, PAPA ROACH, LOSTPROPHETS, HINDER, HAREM SCAREM, EMERALD RAIN, ETC ETC ETC ETC - without going anywhere near stuff like this. IMHO of course.

Agree with Tim (2) and Jez... I've heard all (?) 3 of their albums and they're disgusting. Think Busted but even lighter. But the songs are just really poor and they don't even have good hooks or catchy choruses in general. They're a pop band, but without the catchiness. I find them horrid.

Do all you guys have Fightstar's 'Grand Unification'? This album, including an ex-Busted member, is excellent. One of my fave modern rock releases.

I see you put Plus 44 at the top of that list, Tim. I'm going to have to check it out again because it didn't blow me away at first.

I see you put Plus 44 at the top of that list, Tim. I'm going to have to check it out again because it didn't blow me away at first.

I guess it probably wouldn't go above EMERALD RAIN or HAREM SCAREM, but then not much would IMO. But I do like it, is much more pop/rock than the punk rock of BLINK 182. The single "Heart Stops Beating" is a very very catchy tune, & there's a lot of tunes that stick in your head after a few listens...

I guess it probably wouldn't go above EMERALD RAIN or HAREM SCAREM, but then not much would IMO. But I do like it, is much more pop/rock than the punk rock of BLINK 182. The single "Heart Stops Beating" is a very very catchy tune, & there's a lot of tunes that stick in your head after a few listens...

Hey Tim, listened to it again (Plus 44) and it's definately a cool release... but it's not personally a huge fave of mine. It sounds a lot like a poppier version of Angels And Airwaves. Defnately more good songs than those guys, but the vibe is very similar. I like the album, but nothing on it blows me away like anything off the Papa Roach CD, for example. :)

• 1 year later...

Wow! No love for the Mcfly band...

I know I'm usually late to the party, due in part that most new music sucks and I would never actively search out and buy a $20.00 cd, so I usually am a few years behind. Got to wait for the releases to get into the pawn shop. :)

Anywho...so I just spun the Room On The 3rd Floor release by McFly and I don't knowwhat is in the water on the other side of the pond, but these guys are very frickin' talented and write amazing songs! Every song has a guitar solo, yes a solo, can't say that about 90% of the releases in the 2000's.

Very cool vibe on this album, must find others, reminds me mostly of The Wonders stuff from That Thing You Do. Good old school Rock N Roll with a flair from the 50's. Sure the one singer has a Sum 41 sneer at times, but the harmonies and such are very catchy and take you back to the days of doo wop.

So, I dig Mcfly! There I said it. Talented band with great songs, they should be huge and I bet they could kick the Jonas Brothers asses...

I know I'm usually late to the party, due in part that most new music sucks and I would never actively search out and buy a $20.00 cd, so I usually am a few years behind. Got to wait for the releases to get into the pawn shop. :)

Anywho...so I just spun the Room On The 3rd Floor release by McFly and I don't knowwhat is in the water on the other side of the pond, but these guys are very frickin' talented and write amazing songs! Every song has a guitar solo, yes a solo, can't say that about 90% of the releases in the 2000's.

Very cool vibe on this album, must find others, reminds me mostly of The Wonders stuff from That Thing You Do. Good old school Rock N Roll with a flair from the 50's. Sure the one singer has a Sum 41 sneer at times, but the harmonies and such are very catchy and take you back to the days of doo wop.

So, I dig Mcfly! There I said it. Talented band with great songs, they should be huge and I bet they could kick the Jonas Brothers asses...

Terry. :omg:

This band are complete :poop: of the highest order and unless you are one of their 12 year old fans over here, a complete and utter joke of massive proportions. :lol:

Thank God they are on the decline over here.

Each to their own though mate. ;)

Terry. :omg:

This band are complete :poop: of the highest order and unless you are one of their 12 year old fans over here, a complete and utter joke of massive proportions. :lol:

Thank God they are on the decline over here.

Each to their own though mate. ;)

:) Sorry my brother but maybe since they are not the fashion over here the music stands on its own outside all the other poop.

Very catchy stuff though.

• 4 months later...
Again, not for me, but:

MCFLY*: FEB 27 The Metro, NSW

:yikes:

Geoff is off to a 'Gig' with all the other pre pubescent girlies! :D

Can you keep the freaks over there, stone them, break limbs, do something, but don't let them back on that plane.

Again, not for me, but:

MCFLY*: FEB 27 The Metro, NSW

:yikes:

Geoff is off to a 'Gig' with all the other pre pubescent girlies! :D

Can you keep the freaks over there, stone them, break limbs, do something, but don't let them back on that plane.

Coming from ex-groupie and current tour manager? I'm surprised to hear you say that.

I'd love to meet you before the "gig" for a latte or whatever it is you and the poofs, I mean boys drink, but I'll be at home. Doing things. Like patting pugs and stuff.

anyone know the band? couple songs I've heard reminds me of something of a cross of 40ft Ringo, Blink 182, Green Day and Beach Boys.

what is the overall opinion's of their CD's?

Sorry but........... :yikes::yikes:

anyone know the band? couple songs I've heard reminds me of something of a cross of 40ft Ringo, Blink 182, Green Day and Beach Boys.

what is the overall opinion's of their CD's?

Sorry but........... :yikes::yikes:

Don't apologise mate :yikes::yikes::puking: will suffice :D

But who am I, I no longer have any cred. ;)