Anybody make a good mix CD lately?

Evil Rick

Guest Steve.T
where are they now... king of the hill ????????

has anyone here heard of aussi rockers kings of the sun, the debut is rippin aerosmith at their best ! :drink::headbanger:

I saw Kings Of The Sun support KISS at Wembley Arena in the UK.

They were great...but I never did get any albums.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw the first KINGOFTHEHILL cd at a pawn shop a few years back in the $1 bin and passed due to the guys looking like Milli Vanilli on the cover. looks like I might have missed out on a pretty decent album (or perhaps not...Prince meets Dan Reed Network...hmmm).

I saw the first KINGOFTHEHILL cd at a pawn shop a few years back in the $1 bin and passed due to the guys looking like Milli Vanilli on the cover. looks like I might have missed out on a pretty decent album (or perhaps not...Prince meets Dan Reed Network...hmmm).

Oh OHHHHHH!!!! I got to hear 2 songs from King Of The Hill today..........

I LOVED it!!!

I can't WAIT to hear more!!

I don't know the Dan Reed Network.

They kinda reminded me of Black Rain....

Who's Black Rain? :help:

They're a new release from Metal Mayhem Records...... Black Rain MM

Give me a holler if you want to hear them.....

:lol: I know how to do that now!! :rolleyes:

They kinda reminded me of Black Rain....

If you get a chance try to find the song "Ritual" by Dan Reed Network. That was there biggest "hit" I believe.

Guest Steve.T

:devil:

You don't know Dan Reed Network?

Wow...have you ever missed out. Ritual wasn't their biggest hit.

Rainbow Child and Stronger Than Steel were both fairly big hits for the band and the 'Slam' album is just enormous.

In fact oth the first 2 albums were great and the Live album also.

I just looked up Dan Reed Network on allmusicguide.com and turns out Dan Reed and drummer Dan Pred met while they were high school students in Aberdeen SD (pop. 24,000) in 1979, which is where I'm from. No wonder the guys played the county fair there when "Ritual" was hot (hit #38 on Billboard). They played the shit out of that song on radio but never heard anything after that song. Might have to pick up some albums just for the hometown connection!

• 1 month later...

WoooooooHooooooooooo!!!! I found the entire Dan Reed "Slam" album (thanks to whiplash1972's site ;) ) and downloaded it!!!

Y'all are soooooooooooooooo right!! :lol:

I LOVE this!!! :lol::D

This is my most recent "cool 80's mix" :

Jelly Roll ~ Blue Murder

Up All Night ~ Slaughter

Looking For Love ~ Whitesnake

Seventeen ~ Warrant

Apple Pie ~ White Trash

Cherry Pie ~ Warrant

Monkey Business ~ Skid Row

Get Your Party Started ~ Sage

Addicted To That Rush ~ Mr. Big

Cult Of Personality ~ Living Colour

Carry On My Wayward Son ~ Kansas

Just The Same Way ~ Journey

All She Wrote ~ Firehouse

Man In The Box ~ Alice In Chains

Turn Up The Radio ~ Autograph

Rebel Yell ~ Billy Idol

:headbanger:

Jelly Roll ~ Blue Murder

Up All Night ~ Slaughter

Seventeen ~ Warrant

Apple Pie ~ White Trash

Cherry Pie ~ Warrant

Rebel Yell ~ Billy Idol

Seventeen is Winger!

Alice In Chains 80s?

Jelly Roll ~ Blue Murder

Up All Night ~ Slaughter

Seventeen ~ Warrant

Apple Pie ~ White Trash

Cherry Pie ~ Warrant

Rebel Yell ~ Billy Idol

Seventeen is Winger!

Alice In Chains 80s?

Awww, give her a break... ;) AIC was early 90's, so it's pretty close. Plus, they rocked! :headbanger:

And all those W's sound the same after while anyway... :lol:

I have to admit, I'm no stranger to AIC myself. They do kick some serious ass. Cantrell's a smokin' guitarist. Very tasty with a nice crunchy sound.

They were the only Seattle band I actually liked... too bad Layne Staley self-destructed, though.

I have to admit, I'm no stranger to AIC myself. They do kick some serious ass. Cantrell's a smokin' guitarist. Very tasty with a nice crunchy sound.

When Alice in Chains and Soundgarden first started hitting it big my first thought was "this is exactly what I've waiting for" in hard rock with the crunchy guitars and powerful songs because the trend around 1990 was to put out your new album and the first two singles would be ballads. WTF?? Thats what happened to rock IMO--they started going for the quick selling hit ballad and forgot about the product that got them there in the first place--good rockin' tunes. But I grew real tired of the whole grunge sound soon enough. I do occasionaly get in the mood for "Loud Love" or "Man in the Box" or similiar...just very rarely.

ksymrtn--I too try to avoid putting two of the same artists songs on a cd unless it's an accident. Or even worse put the same song on there twice! (unfortunately I've done that more than once!) :rolleyes:

I know what ya mean about not putting the same artist on a compilation CD twice!

Doncha hate it if you buy a compilation CD and they include more than one song by an artist?

Only way I'd put the same artist on a compilation is if its the main band & a side project or guest appearance/duet!

For instance I'd quite happily put Bon Jovi & Richie Sambora on the same CD or Winger & the duet Kip did with Fiona!

Next thing on my wish list is a car CD player w/MP3 capibility. Geez you can fit over 100 songs on one disc I believe.

Hey Christine--SWEET AVATAR!!! Young Ones Rule!!

I bought a 10 gig MP3 jukebox a few months back,I take it into work & plug it into the stereo there!

I got one file of random music that covers all genres from blues,rock,pop,regae,rock n roll & just about everything else,that has over 430 songs in it. I just put it on random & I can do a whole 9 hour shift without having to change CDs constantly!

When I'm on my own at some points in the day I can play stuff from the random rock/metal file or the Warrant file or the Poison file.......well you get the idea!

They reckon this will hold about 1000 albums!

I can't imagine how much fun it would be to have room for that many songs to mess around with. I don't know about anyone else, but for me, I could spend hours choosing between which songs sound better on a CD or even just switching the order around to see how it sounds best. I've spent entire days burning one mix.

The latest mix I did wasn't so much a mix. I did an entire disc of Harem Scarem songs. A friend made a mix, so I had to also. (And, IMHO, mine is just a little better.) Waited, Change Comes Around, Whatever I Want, Lies, Sentimental Blvd., Turn Around, Torn Right Out, If There Was A Time, Run And Hide, Saviors Never Cry, End Of Time, Reach, I Can Hear Them Now, You Ruined Everything, Gone, When The Morning Comes, Just Like I Planned, Tables Turning, Give It To You.

Wow!!! That was probably a hard choice disc to do hsf!! I LOVE Harem Scarem, and there's just SO much to choose from!!! :lol:

"Saviors Never Cry" is probably my favorite HS song.....oh, but then there's "Just Like I Planned".....or maybe "More Than You'll Ever Know"....no....it's "Slowly Slippin' Away"......yeah, that's it!! :lol:

Ack!!! No........that's not it!! "Honestly" .... ;)