Your favorite "cheap" CDs!

whiplash1972

Gotta add...

Mr. Hate - fragments

to the list of favorite cheap CDs! This one can usually be picked up on eBay for around $5, and it ROCKS! :banger:

If you're into straight ahead hard rock akin to Tesla,Dokken,Scorpions, Talon,Vicious Mary, etc.... grab yourself one of these the next time the opportunity presents itself; you won't be sorry! :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just remembered today that two of the best cheap(ish) purchases I made were Poison-Swallow this live & Joe Lynn Turner-Slam.

I picked both up fairly cheap (the Poison was second hand,but the JLT was new) and when I got them home I found they had been signed.

The JLT one was signed by Joe obviously & the Poison one was signed by Bret!

Something tells me the shops I bought them in hadnt actually realised they were signed items!

I recently picked up Shadow King (w/Lou Gramm and Viv Campbell) for $.69, Girl's "Sheer Greed" for $1.00, and Funny Money S/T for $2.50. I love a good bargain! :lol: (yeah, I know - typical girl! :P )

I love a good bargain! :lol: (yeah, I know - typical girl! :P )

:lol: Tell me about it!!! :lol:

After reading the comments on the site here.......and seeing that whiplash1972, and Blue Tequila had good things to say, I went looking for "Radio Active Cats" - S/T

Got it for 8 cents.

• 3 weeks later...
8 cents! Shit, that's a bargain even if it sucks.

;) Pretty much what I thought!!!

But ya know what????? It DOESN'T!!!!!!!

Actually pretty good stuff!!!!

NOW.......I'm even happier!!! :P

I think the Radio Active Cats is probably one of the better "el cheap-os" you can find out there...good bluesy rock n roll in the same vein as Great White,with a wicked cool neon green case(if you get it with an original case). :banger:

*Waiting on Flame - S/T to arrive....snagged it on eBay for 99 cents! :headbanger:

• 2 weeks later...

I have to agree with bigswede; Blue Tears - Blue Tears for $1.99 was one of my greatest pickups ever, just for the music, let alone for the price. Another one, not related to this site was Sarah Brightman, La Luna. I got it for $5.99 when a record store was going out of business. SOOO glad I did.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok......these are NOT CDs.....they're cassettes.....but that's ok.....that's what I have in my truck.

I'm just tickled!! I got all these today for a QUARTER apiece!! :D

Roxy Blue - Want Some

Lillian Axe - Poetic Justice

HARDLINE - Double Eclipse

LOVE / HATE - Blackout In The Red Room

Kings Of The Sun - Full Frontal Attack

Great White - Once Bitten

Baton Rouge - Shake Your Soul

Jackyl - Push Comes To Shove

Brother Cane - S/T

Tall Stories - S/T

Saigon Kick - S/T

Ok........I don't know about these, but I figured what the hell........

Arch Rival - Wake Up Your Mind

Sven Gali - What You Give

Still Rain - S/T

Loudmouth - s/t

$.33! Can't beat it (with a stick, even!) Real hard, aggressive music. I was sort of getting a vibe, but want to give it another listen and see what it says to me.

• 1 month later...

Listening to "Joey C. Jones and the Glory Hounds" right now, and I must say, for $4.99, this was quite a deal...songs are catchy as hell! :banger::)

• 5 months later...

Gotta add a couple of "el cheapos" to the list....

Gringos Locos - Punch Drunk

Horse London - S/T

Got each one for less than $3, and love 'em both! :banana:

Among some of the better buys on cd I've found

Wild Boyz-unleashed $3

Concrete Jungle-Wear and Tear $5

Pantera-Power Metal-$8

Pantera-I am the night-$3

Love Hate-Blackout in a red room-$3

Vain-No Respect-$3

Nirvana-live in Madison WI disc bootleg-paid 1.00-hate Nirvana but figured someone would want it-sold it for $200.00 :D:D:D

Among some of the better buys on cd I've found

Wild Boyz-unleashed $3

Concrete Jungle-Wear and Tear $5

Pantera-Power Metal-$8

Pantera-I am the night-$3

Love Hate-Blackout in a red room-$3

Vain-No Respect-$3

Nirvana-live in Madison WI  disc bootleg-paid 1.00-hate Nirvana but figured someone would want it-sold it for $200.00 :D  :D  :D

Damn, Dean!!! :shocked: I wanna go shopping with you!!! Great deals... :headbanger:

Here is a list of some free-bee's I've picked up over the years, and as you can tell by the list.... It's no suprise why they were free.

Got 'em FREE!:

The Lost - S/T <----not too bad, really.

Saraya - When The Blackbird Sings

Motorhead - 1916

Iron Maiden - No Prayer For The Dying

Free Willy - Soundtrack <----don't even remember where the hell this came from?

Neil Diamond - Up On The Roof <---thanks Mom. :P

Guardian - Fire And Love

Susie Hatton - Body And Soul <---and does she have a great body! :wub:

I Love You - S/T <---another one that isn't too bad.

Alvin Lee & 10yrs. After - Solid Rock <---thanks Bro.

Testament - The Ritual

Slaughter - Stick it to ya

Faster Pussycat - Wake Me When It's Over

Creed - Human Clay

Living Colour - Time's Up

Living Colour - Vivid

Nitch - Leave Me Alone

RTZ - Return To Zero

Point Break - Soundtrack

Randy Casey (who?) - Mad At The World

A few others I would add:

Little Angels - Don't Prey For Me (great disc)

Blue Tears - S/T

Hericane Alice - Tear The House Down

Noisy Mama - Everybody Has One

Disturbance - We Come Out At Night

Cry Wolf - Crunch

All of the above were picked up for between .50 and $4.00 each

• 4 weeks later...

Gotta add Soul Kitchen - S/t to the list of good cheapos! :banana:

Listened to this for the first time today, and really like it. Good, bluesy hard rock, with a touch of southern influence that should appeal to fans of the Black Crowes, Radioactive Cats, and blues-based hard rock in general....and for the 1-2 bucks that you can usually snag this for, hey, if you don't happen to like it...no biggie! :drink::dance:

Guest holyroller

No one's updated this is awhile, but it's a cool topic. Story starts in December of 1990. The first CD I ever bought (I had about 200 cassettes at the point where I first got a CD player and set about the arduous but ultimately rewarding task of replacing all my tapes); and my first two CDs were Night Ranger's Big Life ($7.99) and Journey's Look Into The Future ($9.99). Other cool findings in the "less than $10" range:

Kansas - Power and In The Spirit Of Things

Baton Rouge - Shake Your Soul ($1.50! - replaced my other CD which I paid full price for but skipped - bought three of them and gave the others to buddies)

38 Special - Bone Against Steel

David Lee Roth - A Little Ain't Enough, Your Filthy Little Mouth

Twisted Sister - Under The Blade ($9.99 for the Secret Records version!)

Plus there are so many I got through Columbia House back when they used to actually have good stuff in their clearance sales.

Blue Murder - S/T

Europe - Out Of This World

Whitesnake - Snakebite, Saints An' Sinners, Live In The Heart Of The City

Y&T - Ten (four copies, spares, because it isn't possible to have too much Y&T)

Bad Company - Stories Told And Untold

Cheap Trick - Woke Up With A Monster

Lynyrd Skynyrd - 1991, The Last Rebel

Poison -Swallow This Live (must have had a surplus, this was 99 cents!)

This has nothing to do with cds but i was at a garage sale last week and picked up ten sealed copies of the first Shotgun Messiah vinyl album for a grand total of $5.00!!! The elderly lady selling them said her kid worked at Exclusive company 10-15 years ago and ended up with them. I also picked up a sealed vinyl of Dirty Blonde for $.50 . What a trip! Also ended up with a whole stack of cool old album flats. The lady was getting ready to throw them away. :banana::banana::banana:

BTW-Christine-you're one of the first females who've ever told me they wanted to go cd shopping with me. Usually they get pretty bored watching me sift through stack after stack of cds and vinyl. That's the best way to find the good stuff. :D:D:D:D

This has nothing to do with cds but i was at a garage sale last week and picked up ten sealed copies of the first Shotgun Messiah vinyl album for a grand total of $5.00!!! The elderly lady selling them said her kid worked at Exclusive company 10-15 years ago and ended up with them. I also picked up a sealed vinyl of Dirty Blonde for $.50 . What a trip! Also ended up with a whole stack of cool old album flats. The lady was getting ready to throw them away. :banana:  :banana:  :banana: 

BTW-Christine-you're one of the first females who've ever told me they wanted to go cd shopping with me. Usually they get pretty bored watching me sift through stack after stack of cds and vinyl. That's the best way to find the good stuff.  :D  :D  :D  :D

Tell me about it! My husband's patience runs thin after a while, as it does whenever I go shopping for ANYTHING... :P:lol: I could spend hours going through old boxes of vinyl and stacks of CD's - and I've definitely been known to! :fun_84: