Offspring

Dead Planet

Any Offspring fans here besides me..?? I've been a fan since 'Smash' and while they haven't changed their style at all since the beginning I can't really complain as in their case more of the same isn't a bad thing..IMO

http://www.offspring.com/cgi-bin/WebObject...g.woa/wa/albums

You beat me in posting this LOL

The Offspring are one of the reasons I got into the music I listen nowadays, so they sort of hold a special place. The new album in my eyes is damn good: Half-truism could turn out to be my new favourite song from them.

I always like 'em when they are not trying to write those skate-punk-happy-songs, but are more melancholic like in songs as Gone Away or Change the World.

I love 'Gone away' and I can tolerate stuff off 'Smash', but like Matt said I can't imagine a day where I'd buy or even bother to download one of their albums. Definitely not a fan.

I love 'Gone away' and I can tolerate stuff off 'Smash', but like Matt said I can't imagine a day where I'd buy or even bother to download one of their albums. Definitely not a fan.

I actually got out a tape i found recently of "Smash".. or was it "Ixnay".. i dont know... and damn it was good! theres quite alot of stuff on those two that people on here would enjoy... but would i bother buying them? Prob not. Id never admit to saying i liked them.

• 3 years later...

Smash was a magical album with some really fantastic songs, but nothing they've done since has really grabbed me. Just listened to the new one and it's the same, good but nothing I'd really have an interest in hearing again.