ADVICE FROM THE EXPERIENCED IS NEEDED

Ladies and gentlemen,

I need your advice.

I am very picky with AOR/Hard Rock and I never buy CD just because they are expensive or because of the hype. However, I feel that I purchased everything I was planning to and right now I am looking for some bands that might interest me.

Just to let you know -I am currently loosing my head over:

HURRICANE-All of it

TREAT-Pleasure Principle ONLY!!

KUNI-Looking for Action ONLY

ROKO-S/T; Open Invitaiton ONLY

GALAXY-S/T

FATE-Scratch'n Sniff ONLY

DALTON-Injection ONLY

SKAGARACK-Hungry for a Game ONLY

KARO-Heavy B-Day

STAGE DOLLS -S/T ONLY

1. Does anyone know by any chance what other AOR/HR bands sound like FATE'S "Scratch'n Snifff", GALAXY'S self titled album? For some reason I find some similar patterns in the guitar technique and I am wondering if any other band has the same sound guitar-wise :band: and vocal-wise :band: . I might also add HURRICANE-"Over the Edge" here for a very original sound and production.

2. Also, SKAGARACK-"Hungry for a Game"; BLUE TEARS-S/T; BON JOVI-SWW;ROKO-S/T;

Anything of the sort at all?

3. And finally: does anyone know anything about CZAKAN-"State of Confusion". wHAT DO THEY SOUND LIKE?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Denis.

I'd advice you to track down the debuts by MASQUERADE & POLE POSITION - I haven't heard the full album by GALAXY but from the samples I heard they're very similar to my 2 recommended bands...

I think it'll be very hard to find something similar to "Scratch N Sniff" though...That one's very unique. But the bonus tracks off the re-issued "Matter Of Attitude" album (also by FATE) are from 1990 like the "Scratch" album.

Another advice is RAW SILK - "Silk Under The Skin" - Not the worlds best production but one hell of a melodic act. Similar to a lot of those Scandinavian bands like TREAT, SKAGARACK, DALTON etc.

The "new" Swedish bands DREAMHUNTER & AMAZE ME (debut only) are very close to perfection according to my ears. I think you'll like 'em!

You also mention BLUE TEARS....If you like that kind of music you also need the debut from MICHAEL SWEET in your collection

If you like the SCANDI sounds of TREAT, DALTON and FATE, you might want to check out:

DAVINCI- Back in Business

220 VOLT- Eye To Eye (quite a bit like late 80s EUROPE)

TALK OF THE TOWN- s/t

BAD HABIT- After Hours

HEAVEN- Take Me Back

If you like BLUE TEARS, chances are you like the sound of BON JOVI with the big production of DEF LEPPARD, in which case I recommend:

LOUD & CLEAR- Disconnected

STUN LEER- s/t

JOHNNY LIMA- Made in California

MICHAEL SWEET- s/t

ALDO NOVA- Blood on the Bricks

AMAZE ME- s/t

SLEEZE BEEZ- Powertool

SIC VIKKI- Kiss Me in French

MACALPINE- Eyes of the World

If you like STAGE DOLLS s/t and HURRICANE, you'll probably like:

DIVING FOR PEARLS- s/t

SIGNAL- Loud & Clear

ATLANTIC- Power

WALL OF SILENCE- Shock to the System

ICON- An Even More Perfect Union

FM- Tough It Out

AIRKRAFT- In the Red

HARLAN CAGE

1st AVENUE

For more sounds along the KUNI/ROKO lines, check out:

MASQUERADE- s/t

CHINA- Sign in the Sky

GLORY- Danger in this Game

FAIR WARNING- any

SHY- Excess All Areas

ROXUS- Nightstreet

Other good releases that you should look into:

EYES- s/t

DOMINOE- The Key

YA YA- II

UNRULY CHILD- s/t

MASS- Voices in the Night

TRADIA- Welcome to Paradise

ROX DIAMOND- s/t

RESCUE- s/t

NORWAY- Arrival

Hope that helps!

koogles

If you don't already know them you also need TNT in your collection (especially their 2nd & 3rd album)

Thank you, guys!!

I agree with you, Scandinavia, "Scratch'n Sniff" is a unique album and also, OI do have Raw Silk and this Greek band is awesome!!!

You too, Koogles, thanks for the recommendations-I will have plenty of research to do.

Denis.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, Scandinavia, want to thank you for the brilliant recommendation-Pole Position.

Although the melodic side is a little different from Galaxy-S/T and Fate-Scratch'n Sniff, but it's an amazing band and definately I hear similar guitar patterns.

Great CD, great recommendation. Thanks.

Ashen.

:headbanger:

• 2 weeks later...

Ladies and gentlemen,

I need your advice.

I am very picky with AOR/Hard Rock and I never buy CD just because they are expensive or because of the hype. However, I feel that I purchased everything I was planning to and right now I am looking for some bands that might interest me.

HURRICANE-All of it

GALAXY-S/T

DALTON-Injection ONLY

KARO-Heavy B-Day

STAGE DOLLS -S/T ONLY

1. Does anyone know by any chance what other AOR/HR bands sound like FATE'S "Scratch'n Snifff", GALAXY'S self titled album? For some reason I find some similar patterns in the guitar technique and I am wondering if any other band has the same sound guitar-wise :band: and vocal-wise :band: . I might also add HURRICANE-"Over the Edge" here for a very original sound and production.

3. And finally: does anyone know anything about CZAKAN-"State of Confusion". wHAT DO THEY SOUND LIKE?

Denis.

Well Denis, Unless I misread nobody said anything about Hurricane? My GOD! Own all four of theirs cd's. The first three are manditory. Here's what kind of prices you are looking at as of late.....

1. Take What You Want (Maybe the most essential) $100 for a US copy and $125 for a Japan copy which has more tracks.

2. Over the Edge - Japan and US usually are close to the same. You're looking at anywhere from $25-$40

3. Slave to the Thrill - Depending on which cover you buy. The uncencored cover you can snag for $20-$25. The banned cover US goes around $40-$45. A Japan copy with OBI will cost you $50 or more. Trust me, I found out first hand on that one:)

4. Liquifury - Pay no more than $10 for it. Good but not essential.

Hope this helps!

JL Mullethead :headbanger:

Ladies and gentlemen,

I need your advice.

I am very picky with AOR/Hard Rock and I never buy CD just because they are expensive or because of the hype. However, I feel that I purchased everything I was planning to and right now I am  looking for some bands that might interest me.

HURRICANE-All of it

GALAXY-S/T

DALTON-Injection ONLY

KARO-Heavy B-Day

STAGE DOLLS -S/T ONLY

1. Does anyone know by any chance what other AOR/HR bands sound like FATE'S "Scratch'n Snifff", GALAXY'S self titled album? For some reason I find some similar patterns in the guitar technique and I am wondering if any other band has the same sound guitar-wise  :band: and vocal-wise :band: . I might also add HURRICANE-"Over the Edge" here for a very original sound and production.

Denis.

Hey ashen my friend,

if you love Galaxy you probably have to check RED SQUARE (Krasnaia Ploschad).

I'd also recommend BTR - "Bending the Rules" 1993, as they are very similar to Galaxy vocalwise, but it is very tough one to obtain and was released on MC only as far as I know. I'll rip a tune or two and will post them in the music section of this forum for everyone interested.

Hey, Guys,

thank you for the feedback!!! I finally got Pole Position-S/T and Masquerade-S/T.

I think Koogles recommended these bands and guess what...what a brilliant recommendation. These bands is exactly what I was/am looking for.

I currently own all of the Hurricane except for the first one. Even though it is on e-Bay right now, but I just don't trust this seller(let's not go into details here). This CD will be my next purchase, cause the CDr isn't enough for me.I agree with Mullethead-this band is a MUST!!!

BTR is a good band , but for some reason I can get addicted to it. Hard to explain, but something is missing there. However, I got nothing against Red Square.

One more time, than you, guys for the info.

Yours,

Ashen.

I'd advice you to track down the debuts by MASQUERADE & POLE POSITION - I haven't heard the full album by GALAXY but from the samples I heard they're very similar to my 2 recommended bands...

I think it'll be very hard to find something similar to "Scratch N Sniff" though...That one's very unique. But the bonus tracks off the re-issued "Matter Of Attitude" album (also by FATE) are from 1990 like the "Scratch" album.

Another advice is RAW SILK - "Silk Under The Skin" - Not the worlds best production but one hell of a melodic act. Similar to a lot of those Scandinavian bands like TREAT, SKAGARACK, DALTON etc.

The "new" Swedish bands DREAMHUNTER & AMAZE ME (debut only) are very close to perfection according to my ears. I think you'll like 'em!

You also mention BLUE TEARS....If you like that kind of music you also need the debut from MICHAEL SWEET in your collection

Just wanted to take a moment and thank SCANDINAVIA for brilliant recommendation: MASQUERADE-S/t AND POLE POSITION-S/T. Great music awesome bands!!! Thank you.

Ashen.

:headbanger: