AGE OF DAZE "Hollywood Ending"

There's numerous bands that I could compare these guys to, but why spoil the fun of checking them out for yourselves. But, to say the least, they're rockin', they're melodic, the production's great, and they've got strong choruses. I just ordered my personal copy. Check 'em out:

http://www.myspace.com/ageofdaze

You've heard this modern melodic hard rock sound before, but damn, these guys do it so well that they deserve to be upper echelon, not unknown. Beefy guitars, strong production, the kind of hooks you can hang a hat on, plenty of backing vocals...you get the drift. Can't see why the modern rock fans on these boards wouldn't eat this one up. I know they just went on my to-buy list.

Okay, I have to admit I wasn't sold on this. All 4 songs I listened to all sounded pretty good, with some good verses, but they all dropped into those slow choruses. And off the bat, I am definitely not a fan of the vocals. I'd like to hear the album but dare say they may be a bit run-of-the-mill to me.

I hate when bands do what these guys do on 'Change of everything'! Awesome verses, but then they completely slow it down for an average chorus.

I'm spinning 'Hollywood Ending' now and I can see it'll be okay, but this guy's voice is really bad.

I hate when bands do what these guys do on 'Change of everything'! Awesome verses, but then they completely slow it down for an average chorus.

I'm spinning 'Hollywood Ending' now and I can see it'll be okay, but this guy's voice is really bad.

Based on the sound samples I heard, I thought the choruses is where they really shined. I'll give my final verdict once I get my copy in the mail. I'm pretty picky these days and still thought this was sounding good though.

Ok, got my copy in the mail today and just finished spinning it. This is just a darn good slab of modern melodic hard rock. Even the raspy lead vocalist worked for me. This is a relatively short cd clocking in at 28:57. There's 8 tracks total and they all clock in around the three and a half minute mark which I like. I hate never-ending songs no matter how good they are. And the good thing here is that every track is good. Song number 8 is an acoustic remake of their ballad and it's just as good as the electric version. One tidbit I thought was pretty cool was that Pete Lesperance of Harem Scarem actually did a guitar solo on the song "Overrated". I paid almost $30 to get my copy and still recommend getting it. Good stuff.

I paid almost $30 to get my copy...

You know what they say, a fool and his money are soon parted. :P Got mine from CD Universe for a grand total of $12.98, including shipping. I'm not an accountant, but I'm pretty sure my price is better than your price. :lol:

After my full spin of the disc, I'd pick it up for a sweet cheap second hand price, but that'd be about it for me. Decent, but kind of average to me. Like Stereoside, perhaps. State of Shock's newie is MUCH better, imo.

You know what they say, a fool and his money are soon parted. :P Got mine from CD Universe for a grand total of $12.98, including shipping. I'm not an accountant, but I'm pretty sure my price is better than your price. :lol:

You might want to check your order status from cduniverse. I tried ordering it from them a few days ago too, and when I finalized my order I soon noticed that it was immediately on backorder until an unspecified date. I promptly cancelled my order and found it elsewhere.

Just finished spining their s/t 6 track debut EP and there were mostly fillers, but 2 really good songs actually, imo better than anything on the 'Hollywood Ending' disc. Might be worth checking out if you're a fan. :)

You might want to check your order status from CD Universe. I tried ordering it from them a few days ago too, and when I finalized my order I soon noticed that it was immediately on backorder until an unspecified date. I promptly cancelled my order and found it elsewhere.

Yeah, they told me that too. I let it ride and the next day they said they found additional stock and my CD was shipped. It's called patience...sometimes it pays off.

Just finished spining their s/t 6 track debut EP and there were mostly fillers, but 2 really good songs actually, imo better than anything on the 'Hollywood Ending' disc. Might be worth checking out if you're a fan. :)

I didn't know they had an earlier cd. Anyplace on the internet I can listen to some sound samples from it?

I didn't know they had an earlier cd. Anyplace on the internet I can listen to some sound samples from it?

Here's the disc, though sadly the samples are dead:

http://bitmunk.com/media/6591325

http://payplay.fm/ageofdaze

Sorry mate, can't find anything with working samples...

Here's the disc, though sadly the samples are dead:

http://bitmunk.com/media/6591325

http://payplay.fm/ageofdaze

Sorry mate, can't find anything with working samples...

Thanks for looking Geoff. I actually found two sound samples from their debut on purevolume.com. The two songs were "Another Reason" and "Wrong With Me". While they were ok, I definitely found "Hollywood Ending" to be sounding much much better.