New Irish Rock Band 'PRESS RED'

Guest Emerald1

Guest Emerald1

Hi Everyone,

Just thought I'd drop a quick note to let you know that new Irish rock act 'PRESS RED' have posted some songs from their new album 'New World' on singer Harv's myspace profile. Have a listen and feel free to post a comment or two,

Slainte.

www.myspace.com/harvharbinson

Front%20Cover%204%20jpeg%202%20(cropped).jpg

Ehhh..... can anyone say :spam: ?

And the songs ain't that great either, I checked...

Ehhh..... can anyone say :spam: ?

And the songs ain't that great either, I checked...

Check their other thread...

Haha, I already did, and I see you beat me to the "Spam Alarm" in that one!

You're right though, at least this one is music related (for a change)

Guest Emerald1

There was no harm intended. The guys have financed this themselves and with it being their first album everyone's trying to give them a bit of a leg-up. Sorry if it offended as it was definitely not an intention to be classed as 'spam'. Just thought the forum's term 'promotin' and 'shout it to the world' meant, by doing just that, an act could be introduced to people who would never in a million years hear of an unsigned act otherwise, and the songs on the myspace profile are available to download free, so there was certainly no harm intended. Anyway, as I say, I'm sorry I must have got the wrong end of the stick and I'm gonna have to go apologise to the guys now as the first reply to a post which had nothing to do with them was what I'd class as less-than-constructive critisism. Ah well, you live and learn! ;)

There was no harm intended. The guys have financed this themselves and with it being their first album everyone's trying to give them a bit of a leg-up. Sorry if it offended as it was definitely not an intention to be classed as 'spam'. Just thought the forum's term 'promotin' and 'shout it to the world' meant, by doing just that, an act could be introduced to people who would never in a million years hear of an unsigned act otherwise, and the songs on the myspace profile are available to download free, so there was certainly no harm intended. Anyway, as I say, I'm sorry I must have got the wrong end of the stick and I'm gonna have to go apologise to the guys now as the first reply to a post which had nothing to do with them was what I'd class as less-than-constructive critisism. Ah well, you live and learn! ;)

If you want to post something like this fine but with a post count of 1 or 2 it's really a lot better to give some sort of introduction of who you are and why you are posting. It's a friendly bunch on this site an please post more if you are interested but shouting about a band with a post count of 2 just doesn't look right.

Guest Emerald1

I know you are a friendly bunch, which is why I thought it would be a good idea to introduce the band to your knowledgeable membership. You're quite right though, I guess I gotta earn my stripes. I'll definitely be hanging in there for the long haul so don't worry, this post wasn't hit and run. Lesson learnt! :)

Honestly, Emerald1, no offense was meant. It's just that we see a lot of posts on this board from people who go "check out my band!", leave a link, and then never post again. Since there were two posts with the exact same message, everybody's "spam alarm" went off immediately.

As for my comment on the tunes, hey, they just weren't my thing. Doesn't mean that others on this board won't like'em.

Sorry if I pulled the trigger a little early.

Always nice to see new blood, Emerald1. See ya around

• 2 years later...

...aaaaaaaand he never came back. Gee, was it something I said? :blink:

Hi Everyone,

Just thought I'd drop a quick note to let you know that new Irish rock act 'PRESS RED' have posted some songs from their new album 'New World' on singer Harv's myspace profile. Have a listen and feel free to post a comment or two,

Slainte.

www.myspace.com/harvharbinson

Front%20Cover%204%20jpeg%202%20(cropped).jpg

love harv's other band stormzone, was great to see em live some years back too :beerbang:

welcome aboard Emerald1 :)

Always nice to see new blood, Emerald1. See ya around.

You do seem to have that effect on folks. You enter the room and people scramble for the exit like cockroaches fleeing from the light.

Most likely. Why do you have to scare everyone off? You never see me do anything like that. :whistle:

Or me, I love everyone.

You do seem to have that effect on folks. You enter the room and people scramble for the exit like cockroaches fleeing from the light.

But YOU'RE still here, Mark. You LIKE me! You REALLY like me!! :wub:

But YOU'RE still here, Mark. You LIKE me! You REALLY like me!! :wub:

No, no, no, you misunderstand...what you think is me liking you is actually my fascination with grotesquery. It's like going to a freak show; I'm repulsed, but I can't look away.

No, no, no, you misunderstand...what you think is me liking you is actually my fascination with grotesquery. It's like going to a freak show; I'm repulsed, but I can't look away.

I can live with that. :banana: