TOUR DE FORCE

Scandinavia

For some time I've been a fan of TOUR DE FORCE & yesterday I found an offer that's hard to refuse...

Found an album by them on the net that I didn't know of. It has a green cover with the band name in the middle of it...No track listing, Year of release or anything....

My question is: Is this an "unknown" release by them or just another version of either "World on fire" or "Unreleased"??? They're the only two albums I know of by Tour de Force....

Hope somebody knows of this "green" album and is willing to help me out!

Thanks in advance!

A devoted Tour de Force fan

Ok, just got a little wiser now...Seems they released a rare 7 track debut in 1988...Could that be the one I mentioned in my last post? Found this info on www.gemm.com.....Hmmm Can anybody help me out? :help:

Guest KIVEL RECORDS

Hello,

I was told about this post, and being a BIG TDF fan myself, i thought id give you some insight on the band.

The band released a DEMO in 87/88. Those songs were eventually released in japan on the WORLD ON FIRE cd. The "green" album your speaking of was the bands debut album overseas. it is a official release. Some of the songs on UNRELEASED were from those sessions. Funny part is...even though the "green" album was released before Unreleased and World On fire. The songs on WORLD ON FIRE were recorded long before the green album. For the record..its a awesome release! If you can find it, i highly recomend it.

THE BAND BROKE UP IN 92 and went differant ways. Chris and Bill "Sven" wen onto form a band called NO HAPPY FACES which featured Chris's brother Eric on vocals who went onto star in U571 and on ER as Dr Dave. Billy joined a band called Back East and was produced by Ace Frehley. Alex Salz now produces and mixed and mastered quite a few of our releases including Adriangale. Vocalsit Chali joined a band called LionHeart, which was eventually released on Metal Mayhem under the name WITHOUT LOVE. The band got back togethr in 2001 to record a bonus track for the Japanese release of UNRELEASED.

Hope i answered your questions for you.

Best

John

KIVEL RECORDS

Ok, just got a little wiser now...Seems they released a rare 7 track debut in 1988...Could that be the one I mentioned in my last post? Found this info on www.gemm.com.....Hmmm Can anybody help me out? :help:

LOL!!! That's pretty much what he said too!! He also said that it's an awesome release!!

MJ :D

Thanx a lot to both of you!!! I owe you big time...

Just made me a happy man! :jump::jump::jump::jump:

Fun part is I found this gem (the "green" album) in my home country (Denmark) after searching the net for hours on end for anything related to Tour de Force....Ironic....It's only 'bout 20 Dollars so I guess i'm a lucky man... :crazy:

Thanx a lot to both of you!!! I owe you big time...

Just made me a happy man! :jump::jump::jump::jump:

Fun part is I found this gem (the "green" album) in my home country (Denmark) after searching the net for hours on end for anything related to Tour de Force....Ironic....It's only 'bout 20 Dollars so I guess i'm a lucky man... :crazy:

COOL!!! A happy man is a GOOD thing!! ;):D

MJ

After reading the discussion in this thread, I've just added the S/T to the site, along with samples from all the tracks. In my opinion solid, but nowhere near the gem that "World on Fire" is. WoF is a masterpiece.

-Dan

After reading the discussion in this thread, I've just added the S/T to the site, along with samples from all the tracks. In my opinion solid, but nowhere near the gem that "World on Fire" is. WoF is a masterpiece.

-Dan

OK!!! That does it!!! I'm just going to buy it (World On Fire) straight up!! I'm not going to wait on eBay!!!

Thanks for the input!!! Now I'm VERY intriqued!! :D

Thanks again guys for the quick help on TOUR DE FORCE...Just received the debut(green album) in the mail today....Proud to own it! Sure is good but much more mainstream than their other two releases & where's that distinctive voice??? Well, no matter what I'm glad I found it but I still prefer World On Fire... :headbanger:

Like I posted earlier on I ironically found it in my home country so that would explain the fast delivery... Only 98 Dkr. which is like 15 dollars or less...That shop (www.rillen.dk) doesn't know what rarities they have in stock...Hahaha

• 6 years later...

Even though it's their weakest album, how good is 'Watercolours' off the debut?! Love that tune...