Beware of this Ebay Seller

Ok folks, wanted to give the heads up on another seller bootlegs on Ebay......The Sellername is " century-moon" .......i bought a copy of Keel-s/t from him and it is the most horrible boot i have ever soon.......I have sent him several emails and he has yet to reply......The booklet and tray card are blurry as hell and the printing on the cd is so far out of center my 10 year old son could have done a better job, and the sound quality, well let's say a crackling cassette sounds better.........Avoid like the plague.........

Later

Lon

Ok folks, wanted to give the heads up on another seller bootlegs on Ebay......The Sellername is " century-moon" .......i bought a copy of Keel-s/t from him and it is the most horrible boot i have ever soon.......I have sent him several emails and he has yet to reply......The booklet and tray card are blurry as hell and the printing on the cd is so far out of center my 10 year old son could have done a better job, and the sound quality, well let's say a crackling cassette sounds better.........Avoid like the plague.........

Later

Lon

You would think if a person booted the Keel library, at least they would copy from a cd. I just don't understand why Ron has not re-released these like the Right to Rock? It is about time. ~C

Ron and the band are working on getting the whole back catalog reissued, and also releasing a live cd from their last tour of japan plus alot of other things.......He is quite pissed over the Greek Bootleg as well as the one "century-moon" is selling......But actually with them being in other countries there is not alot he can do about it.......But like you said, the least they could of done was recorded it........

Ron and the band are working on getting the whole back catalog reissued, and also releasing a live cd from their last tour of japan plus alot of other things.......He is quite pissed over the Greek Bootleg as well as the one "century-moon" is selling......But actually with them being in other countries there is not alot he can do about it.......But like you said, the least they could of done was recorded it........

Well, advise him to sign up for eBay VERO program and to terminate every bootleg auction! It is very easy and the most effective method of fighting back the bootlegs, as none of the power sellers would risk the chance of getting their hefty accounts permanently suspended.

Once he signs up for the program then he can authorize someone else to monitor eBay for him, if he is busy traveling, but he needs to do it, because once the market gets presaturated with the bootlegs it would be pointless of re-releasing them at all.

What gives this guy away is he is selling a Keel-s/t,Final Frontier,Badlands-s/t,Spread Eagle-s/t,and PAntera-Power Metal cd every other day.There is no way he has enough of those originals to sell 3 to 4 a week.He also has the indie Dixie Chicks CDs from the early 90's that are rare,and rare Chris LeDoux CD's from the 80's,and it's the same way,he is selling them every other day!

He doesn't ship to Canada, who the F**k doesn't ship to Canada. Germany, France and Italy are also on his list non shipping countries. Yet he will ship to Poland and Mexico, which are countries that even Canada Post has advised me not to ship to because the postmen like to keep other peoples mail.

The item photos look legit. Although having 2 or 3 Spread Eagle and Badlands up at the same time is just plain stupid and gives me a bad feeling about the seller.

He also doesn't ship to Canada and for that kiss my :butt:

Damn is it me, or am i the only one being totally screwed over lately on ebay........Another Seller who just burned my ass is "dkthompson".......I bought a copy of "Giuffria-s/t" from him......I received it yesterday, when i open the package it was severely not as described......It was listed as mint, yet the booklet and tray card were "waffled" as if they have been wet, the cd was dirty and all scratched to hell........When i contacted the seller i get the "cd was perfect when it left me, it must of got wet during shipping" .....So in all fairness i look at the package, as i figured, no sign of being wet, no stains on the envelope etc......So i jsut said to hell with it and filed a paypal claim.........what is it with people......From now on i am only dealing with people i know and have done business with before......

As far as the pic looking legit.....Oh yeah it does, till you receive it and you see what a horrible blurry mess it is........

He doesn't ship to Canada, who the F**k doesn't ship to Canada. Germany, France and Italy are also on his list non shipping countries. Yet he will ship to Poland and Mexico, which are countries that even Canada Post has advised me not to ship to because the postmen like to keep other peoples mail.

The item photos look legit. Although having 2 or 3 Spread Eagle and Badlands up at the same time is just plain stupid and gives me a bad feeling about the seller.

He also doesn't ship to Canada and for that kiss my  :butt:

I just send him the question what kind of bullshitter he is by saying too many parcels got lost in Germany ! Crap ! In my life only one parcel - a DVD - got lost over here.

He should better check some other things. :ahole:

• 4 weeks later...

I have a question. If the Century Moon cd's are boots than how do you tell??? I purchased both the S/T and the Final Frontier albums from them. The cover art looks great and like it is the original. On the disks themselves, the printing is perfect with the MCA logo and on the inner ring of the disk it reads the numbers from the MCA catalog on them. Do I have an original or not??? Looks pretty legit to me. As far as the sound, I agree with Dan that all the Keel albums kind of sound "muddy" with the production.

• 4 months later...

I just came across this "century-moon" seller on Ebay today. Looks like he found a ton of "used" Spread Eagle - S/T, Keels, Badlands - S/T and Pantera - Power Metal cd's in Thailand. <_<

Chad - That is interesting regarding the Keel cd's you received. I always thought the rule of thumb on a boot was the number on the inner ring of the disc would be different. If it's fake it must be pretty darn good.

And on a side note, it appears txbuffalo2 has been selling the same cd's as century-moon so I wonder what the connection is there.

I thought this seller's name sounded familiar. I bought I copy of Keel - The Final Frontier from him a couple months ago. And I too was skeptical about the disc...it looked alright, but something about the inserts...they looked just a tad "fuzzy", plus they didn't fit the jewel case (a little short, both the front & back). I just contacted him a told him that my copy I received from him was a boot, & that either he could refund my money or I'd file a fraud claim with my credit card company. I'll post any response I get from him.