Hinder - Live Without It

Mr.AOR

On 9/14/2024 at 5:49 AM, KarpetRydOFunk said:

What? I didn't know these guys were still a thing. 

They haven't been for a long, long time. Last album 2017. 

On 9/14/2024 at 5:52 AM, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Different vocalist?

They sadly parted with him a long time ago and have recorded two albums without him... with this dude. Not sad as he was a great singer, but he was undoubtedly a massive part of their awesomeness and sound. 

I will say this, though, that I love this new song. If they're going to drop an album with stuff this good on it I am all the fuck aboard. Has a more vintage Hinder vibe for sure in that chorus. Really dig that, I do. 

Gave the new song a listen....

Decent song that does have a more classic feel to it, but overall I've had a hard time with their vocals since Austin left.  I just constantly keep comparing this to their earlier stuff and for me it just pales in comparison.

That said, still love their first few albums and Take It To The Limit is still one of my favorite more "modern" albums.

The problem with Hinder is that they have not been that amazing without Austin. That said, the stuff Austin first released after he left was fucking awful as it was more pop sounding. Thankfully he seems to have gone back to the sound he had with Hinder going on these tracks