Erik Gronwall leaves Skid Row

2 hours ago, auslander said:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/skid_row_plays_first_show_with_lzzy_hale_on_vocals_this_is_what_they_sounded_like.html

Gotta say she sounds good. Sound quality not great but what you can hear ok she sounds really good IMO. Hope she stays on.

I think most people know I have always been a big fan of hers and Halestorm but was crytical of the last few albums (Vicious had too many slow paced songs and Back from the dead had too much screaming). She is an amazing vocalist still no doubt and fits Skid Row like a glove (but already knew that from the Slave cover they did on one of their EPs.

While I would love her to joing them full time I would not want it at the expense of Halestorm. Simple fact is Halestorm has a much bigger following than either Skid Row these days and even bigger than HEAT/Erik, so it would be a massive boon for the band to get her on board as it will bring in a whole new generation of fans.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, whiplash1972 said:

First, I'm just impressed you found a video where you can actually hear Lzzy; everything I'd seen the last 2 days was terrible sound quality. With that said, she sounds fine. Not gonna make anyone forget Sebastian, or Erik for that matter, but she'll do a good job filling in 👍

Agree.

Have been a fan of Halestorm and Lzzy....she's fantastic.

That said though, this Skid Row thing just feels "off" to me.  She sounds fine but I think it's simply that hearing a female voice do the songs just doesn't seem right after listening to the originals for so long.  

I much prefer hearing Lzzy in Halestorm.  I'd rather see her concentrate on that and also concentrate on doing new music that's more in line with their first 2 albums!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I prefer Lzzy in Halestorm too, and that is where she belongs, but man as a guest vocalist, she is killing it with the Skids......she elevates them to another level. 

Shortly after her last gig with the group, Hale thanked the band for the opportunity to perform. “Thank you so much to Rachel, Snake, Scotti, Rob, their amazing crew and the entire Skid Row fan base for putting your trust in me. Thank you for bringing me into your tribe, and allowing me to live inside your legacy for a moment. What started out as friends helping out friends, bloomed into something bigger than any of us could’ve imagined. I’m overflowing with gratitude.”

She then went on to say that even though she loved the opportunity, she’s unable to commit to the band full time. “This experience of getting to deep dive into Skid Row has given me a rare opportunity to deepen my love for these men I get to call friends. And the soul bonding moments we created together musically will live with me forever. And even though this particular time in my life prevents me from committing to a permanent role in Skid Row…I am sending in my official request to the universe that we will be able to join forces again down the road. With Love and Loud Music, Lzzy Hale”.

• Like 1

https://www.facebook.com/AllAboutRock2020

🔥 Calling all SKID ROW (SKID ROW) fans! 🎸 Mark your calendars for September 20, 2024, as they unleash their electrifying new live album (incl. DVD) "Live in London"! 📀
Recorded at the iconic O2 Forum Kentish Town in October 2022, this legendary concert features all your favorite hits like "18 And Life" and "Monkey Business" 🎶
Don't miss out on the unforgettable performances of "Time Bomb" and "Tear It Down" from earMUSIC's groundbreaking release "The Gang's All Here"!
This collector's item captures SKID ROW at the pinnacle of their career, with singer Erik Grönwall's powerhouse vocals and stage presence. 🌟 Unfortunately, Erik has since left the band, making this album truly one-of-a-kind. 🤘🔥
Tracklist:
01. Slave To The Grind
02. The Threat
03. Big Guns
04. 18 And Life
05. Piece Of Me
06. Livin' On A Chain Gang
07. Psycho Therapy
08. In A Darkened Room
09. Makin' A Mess
10. The Gang's All Here
11. Riot Act
12. Tear It Down
13. Monkey Business
14. I Remember You
15. Time Bomb
16. Youth Gone Wild
447641147_963153459147935_87294965425402

• Like 1

Look I love Erik, but "pinnacle of their career"? The first two were the pinnacle and nothing else even comes close.

They can hate on Seb all they want, but trying to deny that that era was the pinnacle is laughable.

• Like 3

Hell look at the track listing. Three tracks from The gangs all here, and the rest are all from the debut and Slave (and one from the covers EP). Nothing from Subhuman or the Sollinger years.

3 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

Look I love Erik, but "pinnacle of their career"? The first two were the pinnacle and nothing else even comes close.

They can hate on Seb all they want, but trying to deny that that era was the pinnacle is laughable.

Agree.  Poor wording, and poor timing on this as they should've gotten this out in 2023 when Erik was still in the band.

I can't imagine this will sell all that well now.  I did love Erik in the band though and might still get it myself lol.  

It's definitely not the pinnacle.  If anything, it's more like the end IMO.

They have put up an post on FaceBook with essentially the cover photo without the live in London text, saying "Tomorrow".

If it's an announcement of the album, they are a bit late on that seeing as it's been announced by another source and is already listed on Amazon UK (just as unavailable)