Nickoloff - Envy

Stefan

• 1 month later...

No one else but Lettard liking this?! 

I'll be blunt, this board is slowly going down the drain. For a number of years running.

I think I'm wasting my time, this board isn't what it used to be. Only household names gets any reaction nowadays. That's a bit boring, so I guess I should leave it all up to you.

Yeah, I probably should...

:(

Anyway, here's another cracker.

:)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Stefan said:

No one else but Lettard liking this?! 

I'll be blunt, this board is slowly going down the drain. For a number of years running.

I think I'm wasting my time, this board isn't what it used to be. Only household names gets any reaction nowadays. That's a bit boring, so I guess I should leave it all up to you.

Yeah, I probably should...

:(

Anyway, here's another cracker.

:)

OK, ya I like this I'm into the heavier stuff nowadays but ya this is ok.... I'm into a lil heavier stuff than most peeps on here.

Edited by TheOriginalSplash

Pretty average singer and pretty average hooks. Sorry, not great at all.

Sorry, I listened to both tracks and will expand on my thoughts. The issue I have with the singer's voice is how "youthful" it sounds, lacking grit or expression. Sounds a bit like a punk pop singer. I also don't think the weak choruses help the cause or the lack of BGVs. 

The guitarist seems ok but the lack of, not being technical, "crunch" on the sound doesn't do it for me. Again, I feel thus is a player who sounds like they are more used to playing pop punk than hard rock.

I think the producer may be at fault a bit by not fleshing out the sound or beefing up the choruses. 

I'm not a musician, just a fan with a heap of albums. This band just doesn't do it for me based on the two tracks posted.

Edited by auslander