Newman - Colour In Sound

Stefan

Press release:

Newman are pleased to announce the follow up to 2021’s ”Into The Monsters’ Playground”, the UK Melodic Rock band was formed back in 1997 by Steve Newman and quickly gained a great reputation after releasing their debut, and subsequent ”One Step Closer” albums. A string of high quality releases have ensued throughout the last 20 years insuring a strong and loyal following. Highly respected by fans and fellow musicians alike, this new album will add to the bands great legacy and underline the reason why Newman are considered to be one of the UK’s top Melodic Rock artists.

The new album tentatively titled ”Colour In Sound” will be the bands 14th studio album and will be released through AOR BLVD Records in May. Artwork will be revealed soon as well as the first single accompanied by a video in the next few weeks, watch this space.

Does anyone have some recommendations on where to start with this band? It seems like every album I try listening to has some good songs but also a lot of filler...

33 minutes ago, Eric3 said:

Does anyone have some recommendations on where to start with this band? It seems like every album I try listening to has some good songs but also a lot of filler...

Try the first 3...s/t , One Step Closer , Dance In The Fire...but they do have a couple of best of's...Decade I & II...as you say the studio albums contain filler but some good quality stuff also.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

From the Newman FB page:

Newman are very excited to reveal the artwork and the release date for their new album "Colour In Sound". The UK Melodic Rock band was formed back in 1997 by Steve Newman and quickly gained a great reputation after releasing their debut, and subsequent "One Step Closer" albums. A string of high quality releases have ensued throughout the last 20 years insuring a strong and loyal following. Highly respected by fans and fellow musicians alike, this new album will add to the bands great legacy and underline the reason why Newman are considered to be one of the UK's top Melodic Rock artists.
The new studio album (Newman's 14th) will be released through AOR BLVD Records on May 24th. A new single and video will be released in the coming weeks, watch this space for further news.

image.png

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

“Godspeed”

• Like 1

Big budget video lol...not a bad wee track...they are hit and miss with me...albums are usually a mixed bag..but I have em all so i'll be picking up this one too...the completist in me :blink:

• Like 1

On 4/13/2024 at 8:13 AM, lettard said:

Big budget video lol...not a bad wee track...they are hit and miss with me...albums are usually a mixed bag..but I have em all so i'll be picking up this one too...the completist in me :blink:

.they are hit and miss with me...albums are usually a mixed bag.  Same