Stryper - Acousticyzed (CD+ blu ray/DVD)

From Facebook.

Acousticyzed CD+Blu-ray or DVD
Release Date: February 16, 2024
Two disc set containing an audio CD and Blu-ray video.
The band's first acoustic album and video recorded and filmed at SpiritHouse Studios in 2021. This is a very limited pressing collector's-edition and features 11 beautifully recorded fan-favorites and hits, including a never before heard version of the spiritual classic "Amazing Grace". This album is not available on streaming services.
The video captures an intimate set of Stryper performing the album live in the studio. Includes original members Michael Sweet, Robert Sweet, Oz Fox - along with long-time member Perry Richardson.
*Bonus - Get $1.00 off a Stryper Chocolate Bar when you purchase Acousticyzed. That's a pretty SWEET deal! Discount will automatically be applied at checkout

Unsurprisingly Stryper merch is always over priced (remember the $75 for a face mask during Covid?)
$37 for CD/blu ray and $33 for CD/DVD. And I don't even wanna think about the postage.
Hell, the chocolate bar you get $1 off is $6.

• Like 2

Is there any audio or video samples from this anywhere? I'm not seeing anything on Youtube. I'll probably get the blu-ray, but I want to hear/see clips first before plopping down US$40+.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, heavyharmonies said:

Is there any audio or video samples from this anywhere? I'm not seeing anything on Youtube. I'll probably get the blu-ray, but I want to hear/see clips first before plopping down US$40+.

My guess is no seeing as they say it's not available on streaming services, which I would assume includes YouTube.

Damn, I've been getting into acoustic stuff recently. Means I can play stuff inside without the fam whining... but that is steep. Also the chocolate bar is a bizarre concept.

Looking at the comments on Stryper and Michaels FB pages it is understandable why they get away with the prices they stick on their merch. They have way too many fans who think the bands shit dont stink, and will buy anything they put out no matter what the price. The comments of how great it is, when they have not even heard it yet really does speak volumes about how indoctrinated some of their fans are into the cult of Stryper. I have no issue with Christians and their beliefs even if it's not the way I roll, but these seem to be the same sort of people who send their life savings to TV evangelists because they think some orange skinned scam artist is gonna ease their way into heaven.

I genuinely love Stryper, or at least I did until Michael started bombarding us with new material every five minutes.

• 1 month later...

From Sleaze Roxx

Stryper’s acoustic project ‘Acousticyzed’ getting re-released - Sleaze Roxx

Stryper’s acoustic project ‘Acousticyzed’ getting re-released

Back on February 16, 2024, Christian rockers Stryper consisting of lead vocalist / guitarist Michael Sweet, drummer Robert Sweet, guitarist Oz Fox and bassist Perry Richardson released their first acoustic record titled Acousticyzed. but in limited quantities. Not surprisingly, the album sold out pretty quickly and now Stryper have decided to re-release it in various new formats.

Stryper-poster-1-e1713181728527.jpeg

Track List for Acousticyzed (released on Feb. 16, 2024):
01. You Know What To Do
02. Soldiers Under Command
03. No More Hell To Pay
04. Make You Mine
05. Loud & Clear
06. Lady
07. Honestly
08. Calling On You
09. Amazing Grace
10. Always There For You
11. All For One

The following message was posted on Stryper‘s Facebook page back on April 12, 2024:

“We’re here to share a major update: the Stryper acoustic project is being re-released in new and exciting ways!

Initially, when we decided to offer Acousticyzed two-disc sets directly to consumers, we were extremely cautious with production. Since this project was entirely self-funded and independently released, it was crucial for us to assess interest before taking an even bigger leap.

Well…as you may be aware, the sets sold out very quickly, and we can’t thank you enough for making that happen.

That said, we’ve heard your feedback loud and clear! You want MORE.

We’re thrilled to announce a partnership that will take this project to the next level. We’re teaming up with a company to elevate the experience and bring you some incredible new products. This collaboration will allow us to expand our formats to include vinyl, CDs, DVDs/Blu-rays, and even cassettes.

Stay tuned for more details and release dates. We’ll also have these items available for purchase during our upcoming “To Hell With The Amps” tour (https://stryper.com/tour).

We are incredibly grateful to each and every one of you for your unwavering support of this project, and we can’t wait to share this next chapter with you!”

• 3 weeks later...

From the Michael Sweet FB page:

You asked for it!  And we listened!  To Hell with the Amps, our acoustic album, is being released worldwide on May 10 to streaming services everywhere.  
This album was previously released as a very-limited CD/DVD.  It sold out instantly.  So we went back in and did a Dolby Atmos remaster/remix of the album, and all new artwork.  
ALSO - Not only will this be available on streaming platforms but we will soon be announcing the release of Vinyl, CD/DVD, and Cassette.  Yes, you read that right.  Cassette.  Oh - let's talk about the video - the BluRay video has been upgraded to 4K for this release.  
There are so many exciting things to come with this release.  Stay tuned here and at Stryper.com
We are looking forward to taking this acoustic album on the road starting May 30.

image.png

13 minutes ago, whiplash1972 said:

From the Michael Sweet FB page:

You asked for it!  And we listened!  To Hell with the Amps, our acoustic album, is being released worldwide on May 10 to streaming services everywhere.  
This album was previously released as a very-limited CD/DVD.  It sold out instantly.  So we went back in and did a Dolby Atmos remaster/remix of the album, and all new artwork.  
ALSO - Not only will this be available on streaming platforms but we will soon be announcing the release of Vinyl, CD/DVD, and Cassette.  Yes, you read that right.  Cassette.  Oh - let's talk about the video - the BluRay video has been upgraded to 4K for this release.  
There are so many exciting things to come with this release.  Stay tuned here and at Stryper.com
We are looking forward to taking this acoustic album on the road starting May 30.

Ehh? Is this the same content retitled, or a completely different set of live material?... there's so much wrong with this announcement:

But CD and DVD don't support Dolby Atmos. That's not a thing. Blu-Ray yes, but not CD or DVD.

ALSO - Not only will this be available on streaming platforms but we will soon be announcing the release of Vinyl, CD/DVD, and Cassette.  Yes, you read that right.  Cassette.  Oh - let's talk about the video - the BluRay video has been upgraded to 4K for this release

"Upgraded to 4k"... whut? Unless it was reshot using 4K cameras (or was originally shot in 4K but simply authored to blu-ray in SDR) and is completely reauthored to support HDR, a 4K UHD release may not actually be an improvement.

Boomers saying boomer things...

• Like 1

As best I can tell, it’s Acousticyzed re-issued with new artwork, and in all the various formats mentioned. This is exactly why I didn’t worry about picking it up earlier this year, as I figured MS would whip out the holy schlong and try to get the hardcore fans to shell out for a second version. 

5 hours ago, whiplash1972 said:

As best I can tell, it’s Acousticyzed re-issued with new artwork, and in all the various formats mentioned. This is exactly why I didn’t worry about picking it up earlier this year, as I figured MS would whip out the holy schlong and try to get the hardcore fans to shell out for a second version. 

Your profile pic shows Michael Sweet after the first release has been sold out, right?

• Haha 1

I am hoping that Frontiers, will pick it up to make it easier to buy. Especially way the Aussie dollar to American dollar, as I am hoping to get this and the new Vain.

12 hours ago, Doggy said:

I am hoping that Frontiers, will pick it up to make it easier to buy. Especially way the Aussie dollar to American dollar, as I am hoping to get this and the new Vain.

If they were gonna go that route, I am sure they would have done it in the first place seeing as they are still signed to Frontiers and have another album out later this year. Plus the fact he is saying they found a distributor or whatever, seems to suggest it is not Frontiers.

3 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

If they were gonna go that route, I am sure they would have done it in the first place seeing as they are still signed to Frontiers and have another album out later this year. Plus the fact he is saying they found a distributor or whatever, seems to suggest it is not Frontiers.

Cargo?