No Love Lost - Last Call

Stefan

• 1 month later...

What does the radio silence on this one mean? People not interested in it, or they heard it and don't like it? 

For me, it seems like a step in the right direction for these guys, but they're still taking slow steps. Everything's almost in place and it feels like it's well within their reach, but they're still not quite there for me. There's so many great musical passages and ideas on this album, but the final execution - as has been the issue on previous output - just loses me, often, at the final hurdle. There are some nice tunes like 'It Ain't Over (Til It's Over),' 'Keep The Fire Burning,' 'Save Me Tonight' and 'Mistake.' They're my picks from the album, but even all of these four - I feel - could be that little bit more refined to really bring them home. But they're good. 

Plenty of other really good moments on the album. I do genuinely like a lot of what the band is doing... just want to hear it all brought together in a super cohesive package. Maybe the next one? Still well worth giving this one a listen, though. 

5 hours ago, Geoff said:

What does the radio silence on this one mean? People not interested in it, or they heard it and don't like it? 

For me, it seems like a step in the right direction for these guys, but they're still taking slow steps. Everything's almost in place and it feels like it's well within their reach, but they're still not quite there for me. There's so many great musical passages and ideas on this album, but the final execution - as has been the issue on previous output - just loses me, often, at the final hurdle. There are some nice tunes like 'It Ain't Over (Til It's Over),' 'Keep The Fire Burning,' 'Save Me Tonight' and 'Mistake.' They're my picks from the album, but even all of these four - I feel - could be that little bit more refined to really bring them home. But they're good. 

Plenty of other really good moments on the album. I do genuinely like a lot of what the band is doing... just want to hear it all brought together in a super cohesive package. Maybe the next one? Still well worth giving this one a listen, though. 

Totally agree, its a decent album,solid big production,just a little something lacking...and waiting for that wow moment from these guys, as you say maybe the next one? but still well worth the listen

• Like 1