NFL Draft 2023

nyoilers

Welp... according to prognosticators we apparently won the 1st round last night. I just hope that Jalen Carter's off-the-field poor and immature judgment as well as his recent lack of preparedness are not indicative of his future performance. Surrounding him with his former Georgia teammates with whom he had unprecedented success should hopefully help. At one point he was projected to be the #1 pick in the draft before his stock fell.

Lucking into Nolan Smith at #30 was sweet. He has a top 15 grade.

• Like 1

All things considered, I loved what my Philadelphia Eagledogs did. Getting Deandre Swift from Detroit for a 2025 4th round pick was a steal. Yes, it's a 1-year rental/tryout, but if we don't keep him we get a compensatory pick in 2025 anyway, so all it will have cost was swapping 7th round picks. If he ends up working out and we re-sign him, then a 4th round pick will have been a bargain.

Trading up into the beginning of the 4th round for yet another Georgia player Kylee Ringo was a good move as well.

Also love that they picked up Illinois DB Sydney Brown from my Fighting Illini.

The only head-scratcher to me was Stanford QB Tanner McKee, but it's a 6th round pick, so whatever.

• 2023 Gold Donors
On 4/29/2023 at 8:16 PM, heavyharmonies said:

All things considered, I loved what my Philadelphia Eagledogs did. Getting Deandre Swift from Detroit for a 2025 4th round pick was a steal. Yes, it's a 1-year rental/tryout, but if we don't keep him we get a compensatory pick in 2025 anyway, so all it will have cost was swapping 7th round picks. If he ends up working out and we re-sign him, then a 4th round pick will have been a bargain.

Never hurts to have a few RB's on your team.

KC won the Super Bowl and they used a variety of RB's