Mitchell's Kiss of the Gypsy - Unfinished Business (30th Anniversary)

Stefan

UnfinishedBusinessCD.jpg

From MR Records:

KISS OF THE GYPSY 30th Anniversary album release

What started off as possible bonus tracks for Tony Mitchell’s forthcoming solo album, quickly turned into a full blown, long awaited “Kiss of the Gypsy” album.

2022 is the 30th anniversary of the KOTG debut album & Mitchell was to include bonus tracks on his new album that he had written as KOTG to include for a special edition release later this year on MR Records.

All that changed when Mitchell was writing the songs & more ideas started to develop.

“Over the years since we split, I was offered numerous major record deals to record a new KOTG album, but I always refused to do it as I didn’t think it would be right to do it without the rest of the original band members, but I guess now is the time”.

“Even though KOTG was only a small part of my journey, I was & still am very grateful to all the fans that supported us & continue to support my work”.

“As it is the 30th anniversary, I thought the time was now right & I would write a brand new KOTG album rather than just bonus tracks for the solo album & so went head on into prioritizing this”.

“I went back to using my old recording techniques with these outstanding musicians & friends”.

“As I was writing & recording the tracks, they took a life of their own & merited their own album release”.

“The ideas just flew out & I was so happy with the results. They seem to have a modern twist on the KOTG style & there are even a couple of tracks that were written based around old riffs & ideas that I am writing from home in 1992 that I just recently discovered in an old suitcase on cassette tapes”.

“As it stands, this is a kick ass 30th anniversary celebration album as a thank you to all the fans but who knows? If there is an appetite for future Mitchell’s Kiss of the Gypsy albums … let’s see what happens” …

Enjoy the party” …

Tony Mitchell

Edited by Stefan

• Stefan changed the title to Mitchell's Kiss of the Gypsy - Unfinished Business (30th Anniversary)

I know some here ain't fans of KOTG but I loved that debut way back when...still gets regular spins...Mitchells last few albums have been pretty good to my ears also...not in the same way though...but I hold out hope for this release with fingers crossed.

• My Little Pony

I've come across this many times on the eBays, and I would always check the reviews on the main site. I don't think there has ever been such a divisive album. You either love it, or hate it apparently. Personally, I never did pull the trigger. Maybe I should check out some samples.