Atack - Nine Lives

Stefan

273112551_115653451020179_52315542159306

From FB:

Its been a long time coming but here it is!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are incredibly proud to release our debut single & video for "My New Addiction" taken from the forthcoming album "Nine Lives" we cannot wait to hear what you think and we look forward to getting the show on the road in 2022.

ATACK are:

LEE SMALL ........ vocals

CHRIS CHILDS ....bass

BOB RICHARDS ...drums

NICK FOLEY .........hammond organ

KEITH ATACK ......guitar

Edited by Stefan

This promises to be good . I know Keith fairly well and he certainly is a great player along with the other guys too. Will keep an ear out

• 2023 Gold Donors
3 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

I really like Lee Small. So much soul in his voice.

Same here, phenomenal vocalist. I was listening to the last Shy album with him on vocals yesterday and i have to say for me it has to be their best, KILLER!!! album.

I'll give the Atack stuff a listen due to Lee Small singing but going by the above song it's just ok.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Album out November 24th.

From Escape Music:

Atack’s founder member and lead guitarist Keith Atack has a long pedigree in the rock music scene. He grew up during the sixties and was influenced from an early age by bands like The Beatles, Rolling Stones, Yardbirds and then on to Jimmy Page and Ritchie Blackmore. He has also toured with many pop acts like Bonnie Tyler, Rick Astley and many others. He has a rock / funk / soul style as well as a jazz and blues influence. 

He is joined by band members that also have strong roots in the rock scene such as Bob Richards on drums who has rubbed shoulders with members of bands like Iron Maiden, Survivor, Asia and Shy. Bassist Chris Childs is well respected and is the bass player with UK stalwarts “Thunder/Lonerider/Tyketto”, he is an ideal addition to the line-up along with seasoned vocalist Lee Small (Shy/Phenomena/Lionheart and many more). Finishing off the quintet is Nick Foley whose keyboard prowess is ever present throughout the album. The sound of the Hammond for which he is known gives the whole album a feel of Deep Purple and Rainbow with a true classic British Rock sound.

“Nine Lives” is an exciting addition to the escape music roster and available in limited edition vinyl and CD formats, something very much to look forward to.

CD tracklist:

01 Dead Man’s Boots (5:25) 
02 Nine Lives (4:36) 
03 The Seven Seas (5:27) 
04 Remember or forget (5:11) 
05 Like a twister blowing through (4:26) 
06 New Addiction (4:22) 
07 Stone cold (3:26) 
08 Poison Water (4:31) 
09 This house (4:42) 
10 The end of the world (4:30)
11 Lie to me (bonus track for the CD)

Edited by Stefan

• 2 months later...

Really good album this if you like your classic rock style. Some really rocking stuff on here, beautifully played..Remember or Forget is a beautiful ballad as well. Nice disc in general