Cassadee Pope - Thrive (2021)

warrenamos01

Sounds pretty good. Particularly like the second song. Third is nice too. The name sounds familiar, but I don't believe I've ever heard any of her albums. I'll check her out. 

Cool. She was in a band called 'Hey Monday' who I discovered around '08 when looking for Paramore-esque music. She then won a season of 'The Voice' and subsequently moved into a country-pop style. There is some good stuff on 'Stages' her previous album (this is one of my favourites from it).

• Like 1

15 hours ago, warrenamos01 said:

Cool. She was in a band called 'Hey Monday' who I discovered around '08 when looking for Paramore-esque music. She then won a season of 'The Voice' and subsequently moved into a country-pop style. There is some good stuff on 'Stages' her previous album (this is one of my favourites from it).

Well there you go. I definitely know Hey Monday and enjoyed their output quite a bit. Seems crazy that so much has happened since the last time I heard an album from them. Had no idea about the rest of the story. How interesting. Thanks for the info. 

On 2/10/2022 at 9:09 PM, Geoff said:

Well there you go. I definitely know Hey Monday and enjoyed their output quite a bit. Seems crazy that so much has happened since the last time I heard an album from them. Had no idea about the rest of the story. How interesting. Thanks for the info. 

Was going to say the same.

She was on the American TV show The Voice as well in between the Hey Monday and solo stuff...

Which is kind of lame as she was at the time a signed recording artist with multiple albums out on a medium label, but I digress.

Also found this reunion show from a few years back:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Was listening to the 'Frame by frame' album this morning. Not going to lie, the country twang is a bit of a hindrance for me, but there's some great tunes on it. Some really personal (or at least they sound really personal) heartstring tuggers. Nice album.

The rest are coming up...