G-Off

Leykis101

What do you think??

Yeah, I dig. I could do without the swirling keys if I'm being honest, but I like the voice and the song. I see this is the name of their only album - I'll check it. 

• Like 1

Yeah, Broadside are awesome. I made a bit of commotion on this very forum last year about 'Into the Raging Sea,' which is a killer disc.

June are solid. I actually own that physical CD. Nice stuff, but relatively safe. 

• 2 weeks later...

G-Off, now I don't know if you'll like this, it's one of those things where I heard it and thought what the fuck I like this, then after listening I had deep bouts of shame, and the feeling like I just fucked a really nasty girl and im not proud of myself, but there's something unique about these guys, they don't sound like anyone else, and these 2 songs in-particular just rub me the right way, so I know you tinker with some of that kind of shit, so I'll throw them out there, if you like your welcome, if you don't then fuck yourself.

7 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Oh, shit. I really hope he likes them. 

Why is that Nolan? what are you up to?

19 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

I think Geoff will be fucking himself. 

You, sir, are correct. Sorry, Cody, can't get into this at all. I am currently pleasuring myself as we speak. Damn, I uh, sure wish it hadn't come to this. 

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...

G-Off, what's your opinion on these songs???

Emerson Drive - not a fan of the twang, but otherwise sounds like that decent kind of early 2000s rock, when bands like July For Kings and stuff like that were the thing. It's okay. Not something I'd openly pursue as I'd bet my balls that's about as good as the album gets and the rest is plodding pop rock not really worth the effort? 

The Flys - yeah, it's kinda okay... sort of. Not something I'd spin again. It's a pass for me. 

Have you checked out The Broken View thread and album?

Edited by Geoff
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Emerson Drive - not a fan of the twang, but otherwise sounds like that decent kind of early 2000s rock, when bands like July For Kings and stuff like that were the thing. It's okay. Not something I'd openly pursue as I'd bet my balls that's about as good as the album gets and the rest is plodding pop rock not really worth the effort? 

The Flys - yeah, it's kinda okay... sort of. Not something I'd spin again. It's a pass for me. 

Have you checked out The Broken View thread and album?

You know who the flys are right? Mozart and Jetliner? and I havent checked out TBV thread yet, I'm familiar with them, tomorrow when my GF goes back to Manny I will be all by myself, and that will be the perfect time to go through and check some shit out

2 minutes ago, Leykis101 said:

You know who the flys are right? Mozart and Jetliner? and I havent checked out TBV thread yet, I'm familiar with them, tomorrow when my GF goes back to Manny I will be all by myself, and that will be the perfect time to go through and check some shit out

Nah, not familiar with The Flys or Jetliner. Is Mozart the hard rock band people on this site would be familiar with? 

The reason I thought of TBV is because you can fuck around with 1000 okay modern rock bands who are okay-ish, or you can just listen to something like TBV which do what all these other chumps do, 100% better. 

When you say you are familiar with them, how is this so? Just through stuff on this forum, or do you have personal knowledge or connections with them? 

On 12/24/2021 at 4:43 AM, Geoff said:

Nah, not familiar with The Flys or Jetliner. Is Mozart the hard rock band people on this site would be familiar with? 

The reason I thought of TBV is because you can fuck around with 1000 okay modern rock bands who are okay-ish, or you can just listen to something like TBV which do what all these other chumps do, 100% better. 

When you say you are familiar with them, how is this so? Just through stuff on this forum, or do you have personal knowledge or connections with them? 

Just now, Leykis101 said:
On 12/24/2021 at 4:43 AM, Geoff said:

Just heard of them, that's all, The Fly's are Mozart, singer and drummers dad was a famous surfer, they own Black Fly sunglasses, they were Mozart back in the 90's, the same Mozart that was signed by SBK, then on the night of the signing they had a signing party, pulled a tag team on the owners wife, did $100,000 worth of damage to the condo the party was in, one of them overdosed on coke, and a bunch of shit got stolen, they were dropped from the label the next day and the album was shelved, problem was they were so insanely popular on the strip, and the single for Japan Is Calling had already gone out to over 300 radio stations, and was becoming insanely requested, when the album finally came out a year later, Japan Was Calling was left off, except of course it was the bonus track on the Japanese import, and one of the other killer songs was completely left off, Money Drugs Sex Power, or MDSP, it was a fucking killer song, they were Queen inspired, but they had songs on the 1st album that rocked, it's hard to even tell it's Adam singing for the Fly's, The Fly's were huge for that gay song Got You Where I Want You,

Heres a look at how fucking completely different they sound, sometimes on a few songs you can tell it's Adam singing, but Mozart and The Fly's sound nothing alike