Album ratings on main site

auslander

I get bugged sometimes on the main site when I click on the ratings and see there are some people who score an album really low cause they are haters, but worse, some people score an album 090 or something like that consistently. Probably because they are retarded and don't understand how to write "90". This doesn't affect every release, just some.

These stupid ratings can throw out the averages, so I am wondering if there is a way to do a "diving judge" system and cancel out the lowest and highest rating (some idiot gives every album they like 100) in order to get the truer average?

1 hour ago, auslander said:

I get bugged sometimes on the main site when I click on the ratings and see there are some people who score an album really low cause they are haters, but worse, some people score an album 090 or something like that consistently. Probably because they are retarded and don't understand how to write "90". This doesn't affect every release, just some.

These stupid ratings can throw out the averages, so I am wondering if there is a way to do a "diving judge" system and cancel out the lowest and highest rating (some idiot gives every album they like 100) in order to get the truer average?

Yeah, but the rating system here is pretty screwed up.
In fact I haven't seen it used for a while.
But a 70% is a pretty average/crappy album
80% is average/good
90 - 96% is really good
96 - 100% is great to perfect.

That's my take on it.

If I was to rate using this system, mine would come in at 
20% pretty shit, with only a few songs worth hearing and no keepers
40% poor, lucky to get 1 or 2 keepers
50% average, 3 keepers
60% ok, 4 keepers and some other ok songs that you might not skip if playing the full album
70% good 5 or 6 keepers
80% great album, 7 keepers
90% 8 or more keepers, couple of fillers, but that's ok, there are usually a couple
100% impossible, even the albums where every song is a keeper has songs that could be better. Some songs might just scrape in, etc

Like some of my fav albums...

Dr Feelgood 90%. Even though it has 3 songs I am not a huge fan of, sticky sweet, slice of your pie, rattlesnake shake, the other songs are really really good and llift it up.

5150  would be 90% Inside is pretty crappy, leaving only 8 songs, probably 6 of those are killer

Hot Action Cop. 90% I kept them all, except Goin' Down on It

Dangerous Toys Pissed 90% Pain train and strange are average, the rest is killer

Bad City 95% these are all keepers, and amazing songs, this would get a 95%, because there is always room for some to be a little better, some have no room for improvement

Pretty much my next favorite 50 or so albums would be 80 - 90% and it's downhill from there for the others

Every time I see Bad City mentioned I feel a tinge of regret for what might have been. We got that one, great album though... but there could have been so much more!

• My Little Pony
17 hours ago, auslander said:

Every time I see Bad City mentioned I feel a tinge of regret for what might have been. We got that one, great album though... but there could have been so much more!

Same with Levara, now. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

My biggest problem is the rare times that people comment about something other than the actual music on an album. London are a good example of that.