Melodic Hard Rock Song of the Day

Darkstone

3 hours ago, Mr.AOR said:

Love this tune, popped up on my playlist today...

Such a great album. Shame that the spent years trying to actually get an album out, and after it was released they called it quits. Still in touch with Ben these days, and I do like Diamond Black, but NxN will always be my jam.

The only thing I wish is that Dan had still been vocalist. Nothing against Harry, as I do like his voice but I just preferred Dans vocals. And talking about Dan, we really need another Passion album at some point.

13 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

And talking about Dan, we really need another Passion album at some point.

2 hours ago, Mr.AOR said:

Agree 100%

I also agree...I'd love that...the debut was great...still gets spun quite regularly :) 

I am friends with Dan on Facebook but don't talk to him as much as I do with the likes of Ben, and he is not exactly active on there. He did cut his hair down short (which I hope is not an omen he is turning away from hair metal) and the last comment I have seen on the band is he replied to someone in late 2021 who was asking if he was already working on a follow up, all he said was "all in good time". So I just get the idea he is in no rush to do a follow up. I know he is busy with his main job and also does writing and production for other artists, but would hope he doesn't take as long to release something new as the gap between him leaving NxN and forming Passion.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lettard said:

Nice... I had honestly not heard these guys and this is a few years ago..thanks Captain :drink:

You may know the singer, Richie Hevanz as he was the singer of Hurricane Party/Roadstar and original singer for Heavens Basement.

The whole Fragile things thing was a bit weird as soon after releasing their second EP they said they had spilt up and a short while later announced they were still going. Last I heard from them was late 2019 when they released a new single (with Sid Glover on guita who was a member of Heavens Basement and at that point, member of The Cruel Knives who went silent around the same time) and then vanished.

Ok, slight edit, turns out The Cruel Knives have released a few singles since then. One two years ago and two this year (one of which was last week apparently). So they at least are still an ongoing concern, my social media though has decided to not give me updates on their posts.

Edited by Captain Howdy

5 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

You may know the singer, Richie Hevanz as he was the singer of Hurricane Party

I had the Hurricane party E.P but didnt really give it the time I maybe should have :( I think I have Roadstar Glass Mountain...must look it out...thanks :) 

4 hours ago, Mr.AOR said:

KILLER!!! album that got an airing yesterday...

Killer album indeed...no filler in sight...and that sound...BIG...love it :drink2:

• Like 1