Jaded Heart - Slaves and Masters (1996)

Darkstone

• 2023 Gold Donors

Another one of my favourite, cherished albums from back in the "Jaded Heart" Golden age. This one is a MONSTER!

My mate had this before me and it took me a while to get my hands on it. It killed me.

Their best album, no question for me. It's a shame that it's not the best production in the world. Image this being re-recorded.

I'm really enjoying sharing my favourite albums with you guys. I hope you don't think I'm hogging the forum.

Edited by Darkstone

Really good album, as you say I’d like to hear this with a more polished sound.

My favourite by them will always be Trust, killer album and Feels Like Home is a monster track. 

Wow mate, this is a weird surprise for me. Their best album? For me it's quite easily their weakest Bormann-fronted album. So surprised you think it's their best. Especially after such an absolutely killer debut. My favourite is either that debut, or 'IV.' 'Mystery Eyes' is killer too, but probably a bit behind 'Trust' and 'Journey'... and then coming in at last sadly, is this one. :( BUT!!! It's not all bad. This is a killer, first class discography and even this - their weakest album - is still a really fine album. 

And, 'The dream is over' is one of my favourite JH songs, despite it being on their weakest album, imo. 

• 2023 Gold Donors
12 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Wow mate, this is a weird surprise for me. Their best album? For me it's quite easily their weakest Bormann-fronted album. So surprised you think it's their best. Especially after such an absolutely killer debut. My favourite is either that debut, or 'IV.' 'Mystery Eyes' is killer too, but probably a bit behind 'Trust' and 'Journey'... and then coming in at last sadly, is this one. :( BUT!!! It's not all bad. This is a killer, first class discography and even this - their weakest album - is still a really fine album. 

And, 'The dream is over' is one of my favourite JH songs, despite it being on their weakest album, imo. 

This was my first taste of JH and just the time and memories makes me a little bias I guess.

I still stand by my comment.

10 minutes ago, Darkstone said:

This was my first taste of JH and just the time and memories makes me a little bias I guess.

I still stand by my comment.

Yeah, fair enough. 'IV' was my first taste, and as noted, still remains my (equal?) favourite to this day.