Spotifies 2020 Wrapped

• My Little Pony

It's been a shit year. Many of us would not have made it through without the uplifting quality unique to music. If you use the Spotifies, I'm guessing you've checked out your Wrapped slideshow. I thought it might be fun to show off some of the results.

No surprise to anyone here, but mine are a bit all over the place. I just hope these files display properly. 

IMG_20201202_190351_454.jpg

Snapchat-1902197098.jpg

Screenshot_20201202-185844.jpg

my listening this year had been low as been so busy work wise and not commuting anymore.

11,000 minutes of listening.

Divinyls was my top track of 2020 in terms of number of streams 

• My Little Pony
7 hours ago, Glen said:

my listening this year had been low as been so busy work wise and not commuting anymore.

11,000 minutes of listening.

Divinyls was my top track of 2020 in terms of number of streams 

I'm fortunate to be in a position to listen as I work. Do you know how many times you steamed "Divinyls"?

• My Little Pony
5 hours ago, Ponen said:

IMG_20201203_153334.thumb.jpg.80dc230a1aad766d05a114efb7f39ac3.jpg

What the fuck is Indie Poptimism? Is that what THE WLDLFE are considered? I'll have to give them a listen. 

8 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

I'm fortunate to be in a position to listen as I work. Do you know how many times you steamed "Divinyls"?

I don't think it said.

I doubt it's that many - I haven't listened to much of anything this year, been too damned busy. 

19 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

What the fuck is Indie Poptimism? Is that what THE WLDLFE are considered? I'll have to give them a listen. 

Well thanks,I wasn't paying any attention and was least bothered about the genres. 

Just googled. 

"Rockism is the belief that rock music is dependent on values such as authenticity and artfulness, and that such values elevate the genre over other forms of popular music.[2] A rockist may also be someone who regards rock music as the normative state of popular music[3] or who promotes the artifices stereotyped with the genre.[4][2] Poptimism (or popism[1]) is the belief that pop music is as worthy of professional critique and interest as rock music.[5] Detractors of poptimism describe it as a counterpart of rockism that unfairly privileges the most famous or best-selling pop, hip-hop, and R&B acts".

Another Indie Poptimism band that i like. 

• My Little Pony
4 hours ago, Ponen said:

Well thanks,I wasn't paying any attention and was least bothered about the genres. 

Just googled. 

"Rockism is the belief that rock music is dependent on values such as authenticity and artfulness, and that such values elevate the genre over other forms of popular music.[2] A rockist may also be someone who regards rock music as the normative state of popular music[3] or who promotes the artifices stereotyped with the genre.[4][2] Poptimism (or popism[1]) is the belief that pop music is as worthy of professional critique and interest as rock music.[5] Detractors of poptimism describe it as a counterpart of rockism that unfairly privileges the most famous or best-selling pop, hip-hop, and R&B acts".

Another Indie Poptimism band that i like. 

Haha. I was way off. I thought it was a combination of "Pop" and "optimism," and, therefore, would be uplifting Pop music. 

But, by that official definition, Indie Poptimism wouldn't be a genre. It's an idea. 

Anyway, I'm gonna check out those bands you mentioned.