Lillian Axe announce new singer

AlphaMale

lol. And I say this about a band that I absolutely loved up to an including 1993, but surely he realises by now that there's probably absolutely no one at all left who actually gives a shit. :(

5 hours ago, Geoff said:

lol. And I say this about a band that I absolutely loved up to an including 1993, but surely he realises by now that there's probably absolutely no one at all left who actually gives a shit. :(

Agreed. Only way I would care is if Ron came back.

Ron's voice is still awesome and the ONLY one I associate with Lillian Axe.

If only that debut album would have been released a couple years earlier... BIG difference between 1986 and 1988 for newcomers to the scene.  1984 and it would have been even better. 

By 1988, MTV was more into game shows than actual music videos.  Our music (while still popular with those of us who grew-up with it) wasn't attracting the 14 year-olds any longer, and within 3 years, a darkness fell over the earth.

Edited by gener8tr

Just now, Whatever Happened To Fun? said:

I bet Stevie would take him back in a heart beat. I think he knows that Ron is what everyone associates with Lillian. My guess  is Ron doesn’t want any part of it.

The reason he left was supposedly that he wanted to focus on his family and didn't want the rigors of touring outside of Texas. 

• 1 month later...

The top video, the once with supercharger at the tap room - “Dream On” is their drummer singing lead- Brent Graham is playing drums. In that band, Brent Graham & the drummer would switch up for two or three songs. Brent started as their drummer & moved up front in 2008 when their lead singer left.

All, please just look Brent Graham up on YouTube and some of the videos of Steve Blaze & Brent on some of their FB LIVE shows & see what you think. Brent’s voice fits LILLIAN AXE perfectly. I venture to say that LILLIAN AXE’s next chapter will be awesome!! Brent has an amazing voice & his harmonies with Steve Blaze are FANTASTIC!! Give it a listen & see for yourselves. 

I think the main thing, Jan, is whether your husband (or possibly your Dad?) can write songs or not. And if he can wrestle the pen out of Steve's hands, as Steve Blaze's song-writing is sadly what's killed this band most of all. If they can start writing decent songs again (and only perform songs from their first four albums live, ever) then people may return to show interest in the band. If they just keep doing what they've been doing with a new voice the misery will sadly continue. :(