Skintrade - The Show Must Go On

Stefan

14 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Finally, some new Alfonzetti. 

If only it was any single other project he's ever been involved in, ever. Anything but more Skintrade. :(

On 1/12/2020 at 12:06 PM, Geoff said:

If only it was any single other project he's ever been involved in, ever. Anything but more Skintrade. :(

Can you elaborate on that please? I've never listened to Skintrade much, mostly Refueled and I like that a lot. 

5 minutes ago, Mafisen said:

Can you elaborate on that please? I've never listened to Skintrade much, mostly Refueled and I like that a lot. 

'Refuelled' is actually okay. Easily the best Skintrade album. 

If he takes this group in a melodic direction, I don't mind, but the song above doesn't fill me with confidence. 

Anyway, what I mean by it is that Alfonzetti is a wonderful melodic rock artist. Absolutely love his stuff. But Skintrade was his mid-90's obligatory "sell-out" project where he tried to fit in with the grunge and more metal scene. Those two CDs from 1993 and 1995 are purely him trying to fit in with what was going on at the time, and they're shit, imo. Rubbish typical mid-90's garbage from an artist not strong enough to stick to his guns. 

In my opinion, of course.

17 hours ago, Mafisen said:

His first solo album was fantastic. The cover of Blowing Up Detroit is marvellous. 

Yeah, his solo stuff is very good. Well, except for 'Machine,' which could have passed for a Skintrade record. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...