Trading/selling regrets

Darkstone

• 2023 Gold Donors

I'm not a trader at all and I've long gotten over having the physical CD in my hands. There is however one big regret that I have. I used to own the set of 4 original KISS Solo vinyl LP picture discs. Fell on hard times back in '98ish and we parted ways.    😭

Like you, picture discs.
I always struggled with vinyl, scratches, how fragile they were etc.
So when CD's came along, I replaced all my records with CD's, at times selling off the records to subsidise the cost.
Some I kepy, that I couldn't get on CD - Little America, Gogmagog and The HEavy's Metal Marathon were a few.
But for some reason I sold off my picture discs, probably because even then they were worth considerably more than records that were becoming extinct.

I have the Trooper picture disc that was shaped odd for the flag etc (ie it wasn't round)
Remember I had Voctory by The Jacksons for some reason.
A whole bunch of stuff, which I wish I'd kept.

Pobably my most valuable record remaining is a signed copy of Kylie Minogue's I Should Be So Lucky. This was at the start of her singing career and I was at the Royal melbourne Show and they announced she was signing records and I was right there. Surprisingly, nobody else really bothered to go up to her, so I had a chat and moved on.
Still have a bunch of singles, kept mainly for their B Sides.

My biggest selling regret is that I didn't convert my entire collection to MP3 and sell the CDs when they were still worth half a cent. :(

6 minutes ago, Geoff said:

My biggest selling regret is that I didn't convert my entire collection to MP3 and sell the CDs when they were still worth half a cent. :(

Yep, me too.
I still have to rip all my CD's
Big job, that I'll likely never get to.

Every now and then I pull a CD and if I play it on my computer I'll rip it.
That said, I just upgraded my desktop and latop recently and neitehr have CD drives any more.

Probably should get on it while plug in writers are still available and cheap.

1 minute ago, CureTheSane said:

Yep, me too.
I still have to rip all my CD's
Big job, that I'll likely never get to.

Every now and then I pull a CD and if I play it on my computer I'll rip it.
That said, I just upgraded my desktop and latop recently and neitehr have CD drives any more.

Probably should get on it while plug in writers are still available and cheap.

Sounds a lot like me. I have no idea how I'll ever get it done. And more to the point, how on earth I'll ever bother with the effort involved in selling them all if/when I get it done. 

And yeah, based on my album ratings, I'm making playlists of each year for my iPod and any device into the future. I've actually done 1979-1986 so far, which entails ripping all worthwhile albums from those years to my computer. Still thousands to go, but it's a start. 

And yep, my laptop also have no disc drive, so I need to rely on our old shitty snail-paced computers that'd otherwise be discarded, but I'm keeping them just to rip CDs, lol. The plug-in one for my Macbook proved very volatile and temperamental. 

I moved my old computer to my warehouse when I upgraded, so that still has a CD drive.
But I didn't really think about it until now.

I'll likely sell off the CD's that are worth something - the rare ones.
The rest are really costers now I guess.

Edited by CureTheSane
  • Like 1

I do regret dumping all my vinyl before I moved cross country a few years ago....but I didn't want to take them with me and it was too much trouble to sell them 1 at a time so I literally gave them away to a vinyl store...250 albums for $500....dumped all my cassettes too at the same time for virtually nothing....over 500 for $300 to a cassette store.....heck it was enough hassle packing up and moving over 6000 cds! ...there is no way I'm going through the hassle of ripping my cds let alone selling my cds...I'll have them til death do us part lol...I listen to digital stuff in my car but I just download complete discographys of bands I like and put them on flash drives....